1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cell Phone Question

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bg34, Jul 16, 2008.

1. bg34

bg34 Junior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Virginia
    Okay, here's the deal. I recently bought a Samsung Glyde w/ Verizon, signed a new 2yr contract and all that. Well, the phone is a p.o.s., simply put. I highly recommend NOT getting one of these. The touch screen has a mind of it's own, you push one option and another one lights up. I called Verizon and they are sending me a new one. They said it could be a software issue. Now my question is ( and it might be a dumb one, i just don't know, lol) if I sell the new one on ebay, is that considered "unlocked"? What is "unlocked"? Even though I signed a new contract, I can buy an unlocked phone on ebay and change it over, correct? And vice-versa with the Glyde for whoever buys it?

I was just hoping someone worked in this field maybe, or just knows the answer. Thanks! :up:

2. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    The phone Verizon will send you is considered locked because the software is looking for that particular network. There is software available to wipe phones clean and "unlock" them, just search around for it. You can then load the software onto them for whatever network you choose. You've already got a contract for 2 yrs and I think the only way Verizon will let you opt out is if their service is very poor in your area and they are not planning any upgrades in your area anytime soon so you should probabally stick it out unless they'll let you out for the reasons above. I hope this helps.

bg34 likes this.
  3. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    If you just recently bought your phone (within the last 30 days) you should be able to exchange it for another model.

bg34 likes this.