Cefalo: Pennington changed his throwing motion to improve
7 replies
I was watching ESPN's First take, and Jimmy Cefalo was being interviewed over the phone. He said that one of the reasons that Pennington was more successful this year was because he changed his throwing motion. One of the complaints as you know about Pennington was his lack of arm strength. Well, Pennington watched tape and saw that he used too much body and not his legs on his throws. So Pennington changed his motion to incorporate his legs more in the motion.
Has anyone heard this? This is the first time I learned of this. I wish I had a link, but I just saw it on TV.
Yes, he changed his motion in the off season and did a different work out to strengthen is arm strength and his core.
It was news up here when he was winning the QB battle for the Jets before the Farve trade.


A Qb changing their throwing motion is no small thing, more then likely Chad P's ankle healed and he was able to put his legs into his throwing motion.
When Pennington was "bad" with the Jets, it was due to injuries, he played playoff games on a torn rotator cuff, last year, it was his ankle.
BTW, unnoticed, Chad Pennington passed Marino and Damon Huard as the most accurate passer in Dolphins History with 150 attempts.
"padre31 wrote:
A Qb changing their throwing motion is no small thing, more then likely Chad P's ankle healed and he was able to put his legs into his throwing motion.
When Pennington was "bad" with the Jets, it was due to injuries, he played playoff games on a torn rotator cuff, last year, it was his ankle.
BTW, unnoticed, Chad Pennington passed Marino and Damon Huard as the most accurate passer in Dolphins History with 150 attempts.
He did a lot of Talk in the camps about drills to strengthen his core also, which he said helped with his motion.


I bet the jests are wishing they kept him now:chuckle:
"A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus, suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering great or little. Therefore, the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative." - Viktor Frankl
"anlgp wrote:
I bet the jests are wishing they kept him now:chuckle:
whatever gave you that idea? Farve is clearly the best QB evar!, Oh wait....

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.
I just brought this up in a thread in the club level in a thread discussing his arm strength.
"anlgp wrote:
I bet the jests are wishing they kept him now:chuckle:
After last Sunday, I don't think their is a single N.Y. Jet fan that disagrees with that.