1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carlton Mitchell a WR sleeper to watch

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Mar 31, 2010.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    USF's Carlton Mitchell had, by most accounts, a very good day on Tuesday during his Pro Day. At 6-3 and 215 pounds, he showed he can run like a much smaller man.

My source tells me four scouts clocked Mitchell with the wind at: 4.40, 4.42, 4.41 and 4.46. Obviously, different scouts get different times but it's safe to say Mitchell can run a 4.4 in the 40.

Against the wind, my source tells me Mitchell was in the high 4.4s and low 4.5s: 4.47, 4.5, 4.48, 4.51.

The problem has been his inconsistent hands: But here's the impressive thing. Mitchell apparently recognizes that weakness and is being proactive in trying to correct it.

"He has inconsistent hands [but] he's been catching 300 balls a day from the Jugs machine to work on them," Cordero tells me. "Apparently, at the Pro Day – he dropped some passes and looked inconsistent catching the ball at times. He runs good routes and is able to sink his hips and get in and out of his breaks quickly for a larger man.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...hell-a-wr-sleeper-to-watch.html#ixzz0jmqHGpxr