1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carl Edwards

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by steveincolorado, Mar 10, 2010.

Tags:
  1. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Good job Carl. Thank you for having some balls and putting that little brat Brad in his place. Too bad it had to come down to this and I know that you didn't mean to put him on his head, but hopefully he'll think next time about crashing somebody.

:up:

2. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    That was a bush move, I understand what your saying, but he could have killed the kid and fans in the stands.

3. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Man... i love that nascar has said theyre going to loosen up their rules a bit a let guys settle stuff between themselves, but I'm not really a fan of keselowski, or edwards. I dont mind edwards really, but what he did Sunday was just... all around bad. Take him out behind the garage after the race and smack him around a bit... dont wreck the guy at over 190mph on the front stretch along side thousands of fans that could have been hurt.

Sure there was probably no intention of edwards getting brad upside down like that... but you just have to know better than that. You shouldnt be doing something like that at 190+ mph on the frontstretch alongside fans like that. Someone out there, completely innocent could have easily been hurt/killed. That's unacceptable to me.

As for the earlier wreck in the race between the two... I dont put keselowski at fault there. He was inside, edwards basically came down on him. Sorry, but I dont see any reason for him to have to slow down to let Carl in. That was just a racing deal IMO.

If Carl really wanted to get his point across it should have been outback after the race, or after the race, or... say at Bristol next week where it would have been milder, and more accepted. All around, not a bright move on his part IMO. Nice to see guys taking revenge, but you've gotta be smarter than that about it.

4. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    The problem with doing a payback at Bristol is that you take out several other cars. Look at what NASCAR said, they had more of a problem with the brats car going upside down then the payback. Two of the most popular drivers take people out to win, and that is Jeff Gordon and Dale Sr. Hell, look at Jr at the 2009 Daytona 500, he took out Brian Vickers in front of the pack.

I know taking out people to win and paybacks are two different things, but it's still crashing people.

I'm still siding with Jimmy Spencer and saying good job Carl. Hopefully Brad will learn from this and start racing people clean.