Canes news....
6 replies
• So ''excited'' about the future of her football program under Randy Shannon, UM president Donna Shalala said she chose not to respond to Donald Trump's told-you-so letter in which Trump indicated she erred by not hiring Texas Tech coach Mike Leach instead of Shannon.
• Eager to restore the tradition of great Canes tight ends, UM not only has oral commitments from two of them (Phoenix-based Billy Sanders and possible offensive tackle Cory White from near Jacksonville) but also ''has as good a chance as anyone'' to lure Orson Charles, rivals.com's No. 1 tight end prospect for the Class of '09, said Tampa Plant High coach Robert Weiner.
Weiner, who compares Charles to the ''original'' Kellen Winslow, said Charles is friends with UM and former Tampa Plant quarterback Robert Marve -- a factor that could help Miami against Florida, FSU, LSU, Georgia and others.

ND is taking over the TE U mantra. Pick a new position imo ;)
"DonShula84 wrote:
ND is taking over the TE U mantra. Pick a new position imo ;)
Never! :wink2:
Great read. I am so happy that we are on the right track and are back to getting talent from our own backyards. We had a great draft class and now all we need is a year to gain the chemistry. I would expect us to be back to competitiveness in the start of the 09 season.
Time will tell if Shannon was indeed a mistake or not. Recruiting has been good so far, but you'll need good coaches to get full potential from these kids. And I'm glad I can park safely now when watching the Canes. I will enjoy my time at Dolphins stadium.
Why in the world would Donald Trump write Donna Shalala a 'told-you-so' letter (other than he's a Grade A douchebag)?
Why on earth would he care?
Make the throwback uniforms permanent!
"Muck wrote:
Why in the world would Donald Trump write Donna Shalala a 'told-you-so' letter (other than he's a Grade A douchebag)?
Why on earth would he care?
I think you probably answered your own question there. I didn't think Leach was ever seriously considered by the Canes. It sounded like it was just Schiano and Shannon, with a Hail Mary lobbed in the direction of Barry Alvarez.