1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you feel the HEAT??

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by Celtkin, Jul 9, 2010.

1. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    what grief? this site turned into a jets board when it comes to the Heat. zero perspective. I'm simply pointing out that there is virtually zero behind the big three and you're not going to win anything until you have a team that is more than four players. I do this because I care. I wouldnt want to see my dolphins brothers and sisters spirits crushed come june of next year. i am giving them the tough love they need now so that they arent hurt later. i am acting out of selfless consideration and altruism here. its a thankless job but someone has to do it :shifty:

Firesole likes this.
  2. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    package deal. take it or leave it. sorry to hear about your eh shortcomings

3. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Here's our perspective: in a game where you only play five people at a time, and the team with the two best players usually wins, the Heat have two of the top three players in the game and a third top ten player licking his chops at the prospect of defenses selling out to stop the first two.

There's nothing Jets-like about this. LeBron James is not LaDainian Tomlinson, Chris Bosh is not Braylon Edwards. Three of the best players in the NBA are on one team and took less money to surround themselves with players who compliment their talents.

The lack of perspective is on your part. You admit to rooting for northeast basketball teams, supposedly because of their emphasis and prowess on defense, while ignoring the Heat's status as one of the best defensive teams in basketball.

You and Fin-O really need to get a grip about the new look Heat.

4. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    I have a brain.

8/5 is better than even money.

besides, you are making an emotional bet.

You have been here for a long time, and I am not going to take advantage of you.

how bout wins for the season..what say you?

5. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I don't see this being a Jet's board at all. I see far more perspective from the Heat fans than I see from those arguing that it won't succeed. The arguments against seem to be centered around how the super friends can't play together or how the team can't/won't have enough support players. Since the super friends have already played together successfully, I see this argument as already having been disproved. It may have been a slightly different situation but the basic principals of basketball were still in play.

As for the second argument, that "they only have four players", that seems more like wishful thinking. There is zero chance that the roster won't be filled in by the time the season starts and by all accounts the Heat will have plenty of choices. Here is a quote Ira in the Sun-sentinel:

A: While the Heat does have certain targets to fill certain needs, the overwhelming majority are players contacting the Heat. The response is so overwhelming that when I mentioned the name of one veteran point guard who had pitched his services, Micky Arison basically laughed and told me that the Heat could do far better. At the end of the day, this will look nothing like a roster littered with minimum salaries, even though it will be.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-askira,0,4255444.story

So while I'm sure we all appreciate your "concern", you would probably be better served by working to come to grips with the idea that Heat opponents will most likely be facing the best trio in the league supported by a strong supporting cast.

CWBIII and Desides like this.
  6. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    whats emotional about getting an even money bet for a team to win a championship :lol: regular season wins are meaningless without the jewelry. There are so few good teams that you should rack up lots of wins. The way I see it you will make the playoffs and have to get through Boston, Orlando and Chicago just to match up with LA if you do. Right now I dont see you having enough of a team to be able to do that. And considering how much money is tied up in the big three I'm not sure how you'll ever be able to round out the team to make a run. but you will be exciting to watch. if nothing else Miami has added a tremendous amount of excitement to the basketball season and I'm sure the NBA and the networks are eating it up

7. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    the defense and wade was what i liked about the Heat. By adding Bosh and his salary I think you crippled your chances of winning the championship and building a dominating team. I think you traded offense for defense with Bosh. I think you wouldve been much better off getting Lebron and then spending Bosh's salary on depth over the next two or three years. You couldve kept the stifling defense and had a solid 8 players. The way it looks now is you'll have a solid four players going into the playoffs against teams with a solid six, seven or eight players

8. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    This makes no sense because Wade is still here, LeBron is a very good defender, Haslem is coming back, and it looks like Joel Anthony will be our roving defensive center. Is Bosh the best defender in the game? No. But guys like Quentin Richardson weren't exactly defensive giants, but thrived in the Heat's defensive system.

Bosh will not be a defensive liability. In fact, I'd bet that his defensive stats and rebounds improve.

The stifling defense is a result of system and mentality, not defensive talent on the part of the players. Riley drilled the importance of defense into Spoelstra, and he likewise does that to the players.

The Heat will still be a strong defensive team.

9. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Your admission of being a badwagon fan renders your arguments null and void.

10. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I see, you are still in the denial phase.

James won 66 games with Mo Williams and JJ Hickson.

Bill Simmons interview is funny, he is soo certain that it is hard to find players for this roster..he doesn't believe they could even add J Howard and J Smith to body up the middle..

11. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    a preview of Miami's center playing defense. Its the only one they could afford [​IMG]

12. Bjorn

Bjorn Season Ticket Holder

Nov 26, 2007
    Maine
    That makes me think. Whatever happened to Ewing's son. He came to the NBA I believe two years ago.

13. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    LOL

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    ...Assuming the ball isn't stolen by the time the attacker gets to the paint.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  15. CWBIII

CWBIII Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Saw him playing summer lg for the Magic the other day. Sr. was coaching.

16. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    The team will be "rounded out" just fine as is.

each and every year we get another 6 million dollars to spend. (MLE)

which basically means that the Miami Heat will represent the US at the next Olympics.

CWBIII likes this.
  17. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    Question: Is this plus or minus the Run-The-Point-Night fan? I'd love to go for Olympic gold...

CWBIII likes this.
  18. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    both.

MikeHoncho likes this.