1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can we give props to Jason Sanders?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Silverphin, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Like seriously! He's been great this season. Only missed one field goal and one extra point, so far.

2. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Where have you been? Everyone sucks according to 90% on here.

Fame, Silverphin and Irishman like this.
  3. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I saw a few weeks back that he was the most accurate kicker this year for field goals, plus he had the highest percentage of touch backs. I don't know if he still leads in either of those but yeah- hard to argue with grabbing one of the best for a 7th rounder.

Side note- I read today that Tunsil is having a Pro Bowl year, allowing zero sacks so far. The article said it wasn't a coincidence that he got hurt in Cinci and then Tannehill took the hits that led to the turnovers and the injury....he's probably our offensive MVP this season AND he's now healthy. Game on!

Surfs Up 99, Fame, Silverphin and 3 others like this.
  4. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    He's been fantastic. I wonder if he'll be the first guy to hold down the job for three years since Carpenter did it from 2008-2012.

KeyFin, Silverphin and Irishman like this.
  5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Rizzi is the man..

As well as his newest protege..

Think about how good the last few kickers have been with Rizzi and how they’re doing without rizzi..

danmarino, Surfs Up 99 and Silverphin like this.
  6. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Yeah we usually have really good kickers and punters on this team. Love what Sanders is doing. It's really great to have a reliable kicking and punting unit on this team!

Silverphin and Irishman like this.
  7. Deus ex dolphin

Deus ex dolphin Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2007
    When Sanders lines up for the 37 yd winning FG attempt against the Colts, I'll be thinking about this thread.

Irishman and KeyFin like this.
  8. Surfs Up 99

Surfs Up 99 Team Flores & Team Tua

May 5, 2016
    Courious. I realize he is the assistant HC, so there is some responsibility there on how we are playing, but is he HC material?

9. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    He is a great coach...for what he does, but his lack of coaching experience at the NFL level would cause me pause. The man is an emotional firecracker on the sideline though.

Surfs Up 99 likes this.
  10. Surfs Up 99

Surfs Up 99 Team Flores & Team Tua

May 5, 2016
    Yeah, this is a tough one. Not just about Rizzi, but any coach out there. What makes a good HC? I get that it their philosophy and coaching style have a lot to do with it, but it could also be what assistant coaches they are able to surround themselves with. Look at our Dolphins. How would we grade Gase's assistant coaches? How do we know if they are good or not? Does the player make the coach or the coach make the player? If some of coaches aren't worth a dang, then how do we know what we have in a player?

11. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I think he could be.. he runs the show at practice on the field, his units always play well, he demonstrates real good leadership traits..

Surfs Up 99 likes this.
  12. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    To me, aspects that most good head coaches show include:

1. Being a clear leader who gains and then maintains the trust of his players

2. Understands the strengths and weaknesses of his players, and put them into the best position to succeed.

3. Has a vision for what he wants the team to become, but will pause that and go with something else, at least temporarily, if its clear that its not working. Will not force square pegs into round holes.

4. Establishes a clear vision for the types of offense and defense that he wants to run, hires the best coordinators that he can for the job, and then allows them to do their jobs, only meddling if things are going off the rails.

5. Is deeply focused on the game during the action, has a good feel for the pulse of his team and the momentum of the game, and is generally hands off and lets his coaches coach while he steers the ship on Sunday.

Surfs Up 99 and danmarino like this.
  13. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    You missed the most important one - good communicator.

Surfs Up 99 likes this.
  14. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I believe that Tony Sparano is tossing up high fives in heaven! RIP