1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can the Dolphins Pull This Out?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by aesop, Dec 1, 2008.

Tags:
  1. aesop

aesop Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    NYC
    ESPN - Can the Dolphins win the AFC East? - AFC East

I think it's going to be very difficult to win the division, but that may be the only way we can get in with the Ravens and Colts all playing good ball. Although, the Colts could have easily lost the last 2 games.

2. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    The Ravens have a pretty tough remaining schedule so you never know. It's great that the Dolphins control their own destiny again. What a great Sunday it was.

3. aesop

aesop Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    NYC
    Made it interesting again, at least. We absolutely must win this next game.

4. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    The short answer? No.

I don't think we beat the Jets in the Meadowlands.

5. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I don't think, based on the performance of the team so far, that they can pull this out. They might squeak past everyone but the jests...(much as it is distasteful just to mention), I just don't see how they can stay with the jests, even though we played them tough in Sept. This is a different team...

Either way, if the jests falter down the stretch and we pull things off, once in the playoffs, we don't have the talent to compete...we'll make it interesting, but we struggle with high powered offenses and in the playoffs, we'll meet those teams...

6. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Not sure why you think its going to be VERY difficult?

The Chiefs, Bills, 9ers are all games we should win....will we? Hmmm..maybe not. But I cant think of any one reason why we shouldnt.

We beat the Patriots and Chargers back to back...

Then went on a 4 game winning streak already against the Bills, Broncos, Raiders, Seahawks...

I dont look at any one of the next three games as anything less than VERY winnable games for the Phins...with each game closer to the NY game...the hype will get that much bigger. I see no chance of a trap game at this point in the season..not in a playoff run. Trap games happen if you A) have already clinched a playoff birth, and are jockeying for position, B) early on. These guys have the chance to do something historic. After winning only 1 game last season..and making the playoffs, winning the division non the less...it will go down as the single biggest turnaround in NFL history.

We will be 10-5 going into that game with NY.

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  7. vt_dolfan

One game to win it all...

I think you throw every other game out the window...this team is certainly capable of firing on all cylinders in that game..and every game from here on out.

Only 1 team in the NFL scares me...the Giants. Thats it.

8. vt_dolfan

Besides nobody thought we'd win 7 and we did....

9. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

If we get into the playoffs then what? who do we play and can we beat them?

I don't know about getting in. We might. I've had a feeling that we tie everyone in the division from the beginning of the year and with the way things are looking with us tying the patriots and the bills and jets coming up that could happen. I hope we sweep'em but I don't think we do.

I also don't think if we do get into the playoffs we're built for a serious run.

I hope I'm wrong :yes:

10. We absolutly can pull this out. Im not overly confident that we will with all the obsticals we have to overcome to do it, but it is a very real possibility that we could defy the odds and make it into the post season. I'm concentrating on rooting for them. We took a big step backwards last week. Another division win and sweeping the Patty's would have gone a long way towards our push for the post season. It did not unfold that way but we caught a break this weak with everyone else in our division dropping a game. That gets us back to where we were before we lost to the Patty's except now we got one more division loss.

I am concerned with our remaining games. I dont think any of them are easy wins. I think even though buffalo is a dome game it will still a very tough win for us. Weather may not be a factor in this game but noise may become one. Dome games can be deafing and make no mistake about it there will be alot of very pumped up and loud Bill's fans at this game. The "12th man" will be there on sunday. I also think the Bills are going to play for respectability and will come out fighting hard. I think this match up is scary.

I think KC is going to be a formitable match up as well. It will probally be the worst weather we face this year considering it is in Arrow Head in december. It is a long ride out there for us. They will be looking to serve us up some paybacks from preseason. I think we are going to be facing a very motivated team that is going to be focused on returning the favor from preseason and knocking us out of playoff contention.

The Jets in the meadowlands. Another cold weather game against a division rival that just seems to have our number. This may be for control of the Division for them weather we are in the race or not. I think we are going to see their best game they have. My hope is Brett finally shows his age and has a melt down that game and Chad comes up big playing like a man on a mission. I hope he goes into it with a big chip on his shoulder and shows NY he has still got alot of game left in him.

11. vt_dolfan

Ehh....not even worried about who we might play in the playoffs...once your in their...things can happen...you can get hot...who knows....I see no point in even worrying about if we are built on making a run if we get in.

We win...we are AFC East Champs...with a 3 seed, and a home playoff game. Thats all that matters at this point.

12. vt_dolfan

Not one of these games will be easy wins...not at all. I expect them to be close..every single one of them...but we have shown enough at this point, to tell me I am confident we can and will win close games.

13. I tell you what would be intresting and could be plausable. If we make it in as with the divison title in that 3rd seed spot. Our first post season game could be against the Patty's in Miami. That will most likely turn into an all out blood bath. How good it would feel to send the Patty's home in the post season. If we could pull that off I would be a very person and I would gloat about for a long long time.

14. DaFish

DaFish Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    No matter what direction we go from here, I deem this season a success.

15. aesop

aesop Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    NYC
    I think we can all agree now that the win over the Chargers was not that big of an accomplishment, looking at their record at this point. And the Patriots were certainly a lesser team than what they've become with Cassel clicking with the offense.

Pagan likes this.
  16. The Dude

The Dude Anti Jet

Sep 1, 2008
    ΥέΧª§
    we have to win every game...

17. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Thats the game I feel we MUST win. I hate the bastards...I want to pound them in thier yard. If we don't give them 4 turn-overs on a silver platter, I think we could win.

to adress the thread, we have a shot at winning the East if we don't sustain anymore injuries. We're just not good enough to overcome losing guys like Smiley, Thomas, Camarillo...and others.

18. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Apparently you haven't seen much of the Steelers defense then.

NJFINSFAN1 likes this.

19. I think how we play out the rest of this season is going to be a good gauge on how far this staff has really brought this team. It is great how far they have brought us in one season even if we self destruct at this point. Regardless if we win or lose I hope to see a team that finishes out playing tough football. In the past this team has been notorious for only playing one half of a season. Weather it be a slow start and a solid finish or a solid start and a poor finish. We have been plauged with not be able to play a complete season for a very long time now. I hope that is a culture that has been fixed by our new staff. I think that is the real next big challange this team and staff need to live up to. I think if we can fight our way into a playoff birth that will be a huge step for this team. It will show us the fans that we now have assembled a group of guys that know how to play a complete season and it will give these rookies a taste of post season. Once they have tasted it they want to get back all that much more and they have a better grasp of how the game shifts gears in the post season. I think this teams two biggest obsticals are:
    1. themselves
    2. bias referees

20. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Outside of Pittsburgh and the Giants I think Miami can beat any team in the league.

21. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    On a good day, yes. On a good day we can beat ANYONE. Hell, the Browns beat the Giants.

But consistantly? Nuh uh. Not yet. A couple of more years until we can say that.

Jt0323 likes this.
  22. vt_dolfan

I disagree....disagree completely. The Chargers at the time were not out of the playoffs...and completely turned against Norv Turner.

SD beat the Cowboys, Jets, Patriots this season. They were and still are a tough team. We also went toe to toe with the Pats when we lost.

schmolioot likes this.
  23. arsenal

arsenal Sunglasses and advil

Nov 26, 2007
    Commack, NY
    well if anything, it makes every upcoming game basically a playoff game for us...

this Buffalo game has HUGE implications and its great to have that excitement in a december game again...

i absolutely think we can run the table... lets hope we do... and if we do hit the playoffs i want to play the Colts... they win even uglier and luckier than us, at least we win ugly but usually not by miraculous comebacks, they need that seemingly each week... i am not scared of them at all...

24. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    I think you're stretching big time on these two points bro. We have no idea how many bills fans there actually are in toronto or what the atmosphere will be like. It'll be closer to the mausoleum we faced yesterday than the RCA Dome of years past.

And believe me, nobody on KC cares about a pre-season result. Half the guys that played in that game aren't even on the team anymore. Even I had forgotten that wwe played KC in the preseason.

25. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey

I turned down tickets for that game, maybe I should call the guy back up. Its a tough weekend.

26. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    If we play like we have the past two weeks then theres no chance in heck we make it. BUT if we play like we did against the pats and bills the first time, the broncos and the chargers then we have a pretty strong chance.

27. I hope your right on both counts. From what I understand the Dome is relativly close to their normal stadium. I think it's only about an hour north. If that is true you will see all their regular die hard fans. Plus they will attract new comers who want to make their city look attractive to the Bills. I think it is going to be a loud game. I hope your right and I am wrong.

I think KC is a scary game. I think players remember losses preseason or not. I also think because we eek out wins that even lesser teams prepare hard for us. We are not precieved as a powerhouse team and we are viewed as being very beatable. They prepare hard against us and they stay in the fight on the field even when they fall behind. This is just my opinion. I hope your opinion is closer to the truth then mine.

schmolioot likes this.
  28. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Maybe somebody knows the answer to this, but did Buffalo season ticket holders get tickets to this game or did they only pay for and receive 7 tickets in the package?