Can the Dolphins Beat the Bills?
54 replies
"thetylernator wrote:
How has he not been banned?
And yet, my post--where I mentioned how it's just f*cking weird for a grown man to join the forum of a rival sports team for the purpose of stirring up sh*t--gets deleted, while he continues to brigade around the forum stirring up sh*t. There is zero intention of a genuine discussion on his part. That much is obvious.
Come on, Galant.
Good idea.
"Boik14 wrote:
Good idea.
Hopefully you gave him a ten day timeout. I know it's against forum rules for you to talk about that, but I would genuinely like to see him return after we stomp the Bills asses...possibly two weeks in a row!
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
Hard to believe I am saying this but I guess I am a Patriots fan for a week. And yes Miami can beat the Bills. We should have all our RBs back that week maybe we can run over them for about 400 yds.
"ripper1961 wrote:
Hard to believe I am saying this but I guess I am a Patriots fan for a week. And yes Miami can beat the Bills. We should have all our RBs back that week maybe we can run over them for about 400 yds.
Isn't it crazy? Last year, you NEVER could've convinced me I'd be pulling for the Pats in a game...ever...
So let's all say it collectively...."GO PATRIOTS!"
OK so I threw up a little...
Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”
:rimshot:
"PhinFan1968 wrote:
Isn't it crazy? Last year, you NEVER could've convinced me I'd be pulling for the Pats in a game...ever...
So let's all say it collectively...."GO PATRIOTS!"
OK so I threw up a little...
Hold up, LOL! The Jets beating the Browns is actually the more important of the two AFC games.
So while it's fine to say, "Go Pats!" once in a blue moon when the cosmos aligns, just be sure that you say "Go Jets!!!" this week as well!
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
"KeyFin wrote:
Hold up, LOL! The Jets beating the Browns is actually the more important of the two AFC games.
So while it's fine to say, "Go Pats!" once in a blue moon when the cosmos aligns, just be sure that you say "Go Jets!!!" this week as well!
My brain just exploded........
Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”
:rimshot:
We just need to win out and no other scenario matters. That is it in a nutshell.
Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.
With Divine Intervention and a couple of miracle plays... maybe.
We are real sailormen, the destroyermen of the fleet.
We can follow the tracks and ride the backs of the dolphins.
We will be where the action is in every situation.
When things are getting too rough for anyone else,
they're getting just right for us!
"ripper1961 wrote:
Hard to believe I am saying this but I guess I am a Patriots fan for a week. And yes Miami can beat the Bills. We should have all our RBs back that week maybe we can run over them for about 400 yds.
Running backs you say? Like that fastest runner in the NFL through week 15, one Mr. Salvon Ahmed (video below)?
https://www.nfl.com/videos/next-gen-stats-top-5-fastest-ball-carriers-through-sunday-of-week-15
Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”
:rimshot:
"thetylernator wrote:
How has he not been banned?
And yet, my post--where I mentioned how it's just f*cking weird for a grown man to join the forum of a rival sports team for the purpose of stirring up sh*t--gets deleted, while he continues to brigade around the forum stirring up sh*t. There is zero intention of a genuine discussion on his part. That much is obvious.
Come on, Galant.
Personally, I don’t care if he’s banned. He can stick around. There is the ignore button.
Like I asked him, what’s going to be his excuse? I’m a firm believer in karma. If he was having a legitimate discussion based on facts and circumstances, that would be one thing. Hell, we do it all the time but when you decide to be cocky and arrogant, the karma bus is making a stop at your house to pick you up.
So when he’s sitting in his sofa, mouth hanging open to the floor, drooling out his Taco Bell Nachos Bellgrande wondering what in the heck just happened...the karma bus pulled up.
Payback for being asinine.

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”
I have John Allen as the second best quarterback in the NFL.. it is painful to admit but if you guys havent been following what hes been doing this year... hes not that far off from Pat Mahomes.. hes damn good.. and unfortunately hes in our division... we can only hope that Tua becomes what Josh Allen has developed into.
My best friend is a Raiders fan. He's been a demon with a silver mouth compared to than this guy for about three weeks now. You can bet our next phone will be very animated either way. Now the real game is today, we're playing for something and the Raiders are pretty much done, but looking to spoil. I kind of like the smack talk to be honest. Let it roll, there's no reason to get upset about it. Even if it was just to create a stir...He wasn't offensive, it was trash talk, and a little bit is good to have some times. Hopefully karma shows up with Emmanuel Ogbah and puts the smack down on him and his talk.
As for Buffalo! I mean! Man! They are great this year! Josh Allen has made the ultimate leap into greatness and 'rostered' (hate that word) or not in Buffalo...I'm a fan. I've never actually really hated the Bills. Sure...they broke my heart in the 90s, but that was almost thirty years ago! They've been terrible for so long (as we have), that it's really hard to dislike them. Even their fans are quite fun at times. I think both organizations were due to rise up at some point and i'm glad to see it finally happening. I think we'll be slugging it out with them once again as opposed to just playing each other. The NFL HAS to give us a prime time Sunday/Monday night game next year. Regardless of stadium it's played in, it would be cool to see it in s November/December setting with both teams really playing for something. We're going to get that this year, and I couldn't be more excited.
To answer the original question, can we beat Buffalo? In Buffalo? In January??? No, but we have to if we want to make the playoffs.
I've been thinking about this hard over the winter break and the answer is yes, we can win in Buffalo. In fact, we have one of the more successful Buffalo QB's on our roster and I think he will end up with some playing time. The thing to remember here is that there's a decent chance we play Buffalo twice in a row, in Buffalo, on that frozen field.
How? Gisecki being back is massive, but we need Parker to get over his boo-boo as well and have a big game. Jakeem can also make a difference on offense and special teams- we need our weapons to rest up and be as close to 100% as possible. We don't win this game in a shootout but we can take it with a dominant defensive day, win the turnover battle and START TUA...I don't know if you've noticed, but the last three coaches we faced have said that they didn't want to match against Fitzpatrick. So give them what they wished for in the first half and if we're struggling, bring out the Magic for mop-up duty. Fitz has always felt like Buffalo was his "home team" and he loves playing there...he by far has the best chance of securing us a win in Buffalo.
However, there's a bigger question here- do we want to try and beat Buffalo once or twice? I have a feeling that we can lose and still get in the playoffs, which means we'd have to do this all over again a week later as the #7 seed. We win the first game and we're going to be the #5 seed facing Tennessee OR Indy, depending on who wins that division. Of the three, I fear Buffalo the worst so we absolutely have to win in week 17 to take the #5 slot.
Some folks have said that Buffalo will not rest starters since they'll want the #2 seed- but is that really true if we'd be at the #7? I know they feel confident against us in Buffalo but nobody intentionally wants to face our defense and Ryan Fitzpatrick's wrath in the 4th quarter...much less twice in a row. Nobody hopes to pull the top defense in the NFL on purpose. I would almost bet that they rest some starters anyway, let the game fall where it may and get ready for the Browns, Titans, Ravens or Colts.
In other words, as bad as we want to win in week 17, I think it would make sense for Buffalo to want us to grab the win as well.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
35-40 degrees in Buffalo next weekend. Not too bad.
"TheHighExhaulted wrote:
35-40 degrees in Buffalo next weekend. Not too bad.
That is bloody BALMY! I remember watching some of the games at War Memorial back in the ancient days and watching guys trying to ice skate just walking to the bench on the sideline.
We are real sailormen, the destroyermen of the fleet.
We can follow the tracks and ride the backs of the dolphins.
We will be where the action is in every situation.
When things are getting too rough for anyone else,
they're getting just right for us!
"TheHighExhaulted wrote:
35-40 degrees in Buffalo next weekend. Not too bad.
If that holds, then hopefully no snow on the ground and no snow falling. That would be a major blessing for us.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
It's funny how fans of the other AFC east teams only show up when their teams are good. Darelle Revis(the other 2 or 3 jets fans who's names I can't recall), Mclovin, and Wagon Circler.
The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.
"Destroyer wrote:
It's funny how fans of the other AFC east fans only show up when their teams are good. Darelle Revis(the other 2 or 3 jets fans who's names I can't recall), Mclovin, and Wagon Circler.
Naaa McLovin was chill. He wasn't the trolly type, but those others...
Along with several other shorter-term Cheaters trolls that showed up, talked a ton of smack, then didn't report back after they lost to the Dolphins that week.
Its tradition around here.
Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”
:rimshot:
I like when they show up. Just having a little fun. People are generally way to sensitive nowadays and get butthurt way too quick.
Lots of people will tell you what they think about you and what you shouldn't and should do. Not everyone's thoughts are worth consideration. Don't take criticism from anyone who you wouldn't also go to for advice.
"Finatik wrote:
I like when they show up. Just having a little fun. People are generally way to sensitive nowadays and get butthurt way too quick.
I usually agree but sometimes they can be unbearable. Bickety Bam was another Jets fan.
The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.
If you went by how the Bills played tonight, we don't have a prayer. Jesus are they hot! Just when the Cheaters get crappy...
Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”
:rimshot:
"RevRick wrote:
With Divine Intervention and a couple of miracle plays... maybe.
...
Can we? Yes. Is it likely? No. I’m guessing they’ll be a 7 point favorite. They’re one of the best teams in the nfl right now and we are year 2 of our rebuild. I think next year will be a better litmus test.
It’s not going to be easy, but just as we were a different team when we beat the patsies to the one that played them early in the season, so we’re a different team to the one that lost to the jills in Week Two.
We have all witnessed the Miami Dolphins grow as individuals and as a team and have seen the emergence of several players, such as Tagovailoa, Gesicki, Bowden, Breida, Gaskin, Ahmed, Wilkins, van Ginkel, Ogbah and others.
Yes, we know that Buffalo is a very good team; they proved that last night, but so are the Dolphins.
Any organisation that underestimates us does so at their peril. We have gone under the radar for most of the season, with so-called "experts" predicting that we’d lose most weeks.
I'm really looking forward to this match-up. I don’t expect to win, but you never know.
Where is the game thread?!!!!???!!!