1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camp Confidential: Dolphins Still Eager to Prove

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by SCall13, Aug 16, 2009.

1. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

DAVIE, Fla. -- As long as Tom Brady stays healthy and Bill Belichick is in charge, the New England Patriots will be considered a Super Bowl contender.

Stands to reason they also are prohibitive favorites to take the AFC East crown.

Understandably, some of the Miami Dolphins are upset. Outside linebacker Joey Porter publicly expressed indignation that the defending division champs are being disregarded. Inside linebacker Channing Crowder got into a sniping match with New York Jets coach Rex Ryan, who declared his team's objective was to win it all.

But don't expect Dolphins coach Tony Sparano to cause a ruckus over a perceived oversight. He's quietly embracing it. Sparano doesn't want his team to act as if it has accomplished anything.

The rest, but nothing really new:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation/0-10-179/Camp-Confidential--Dolphins-still-eager-to-prove.html

2. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I didn't really like the way the article was written. It sounds like someone just had to write something about a team they know nothing about, on a sport they know just the basics of. Thats the impression I got.

For example:

What does this even mean? A possession receiver is one who catches anything he gets on his hands no? If anything being tall would add to Turner as a possession guy. He didn't really tell you what that was, and if I didnt know I'd have been extremely confused.

Or this also:

Really? Because Ginn has numbers on par with what other second year WR's have accomplished through recent NFL history. I dont see where he is going with this. Overall it was a good read though, I liked the first part for sure.

3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Hes writing an article based on local reporters opinions.

4. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    the Triad of Terror: Porter, Taylor & Wake
    will end Brady's career & the Patriots hopes in there first encounter of 2009
    there will be blood!:taz:

5. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Personally I enjoyed the article, thought it was a good read. Thanks for posting it. :up:

6. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Every football magazine I have read has the Patriots winning the AFC East with a record of 13-3, and they have the Phins 2nd in most publications with a record of 9-7. They all say, "The Phins had a surprisingly good year in 2008, with an easy schedule." I think the Phins should feel slighted. They don't make the schedule, and like the Steelers showed everyone last year, sometimes playing a tougher schedule just prepares you more for the playoffs.

7. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    I agree with you on that. They should be even stronger when it is time to play in the playoffs this year. This will get them ready and when it gets here they will mentally and physically sound enough to dominate and go deeper in the playoffs.