1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camcorder opinions needed

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by Sethdaddy8, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    It seems that the camcorder industry is caught in that awkward adolescent stage. I have an old Cannon ZR10 mini-dv. It served me well for the last decade. I am a Cannon fan though. But there are a lot of models and options and weirdness going on among all these "HD" camcorders.

My price-point is pretty flexible. I dont want to go into the thousand range, but I'll spend an extra hundred or 2 if it makes a huge difference.

So what do you guys have, or recommend. Thoughts? Thanks.

2. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    I had a Canon for years then I decided to buy a JVC being that the price was right. I have to say I`m very much impressed with the performance. The clarity equals the top name brands IMO .

3. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    incase anyone cares...i got the Canon VIXIA HF S200
    31DeWBdh8WL.jpg

With small kids, I decided to splurge a little, as this would be the best video recording years of my life. Its kind of the highest end for camcorders, but I saved a good bit because there is no hard drive. Since i'd have to ranser off the HD anyway, I figured "whats the point" save a few hundred, and get the double SD card slots.

So i got a package off amazon with a memory card, case, wide angle lenses, and lense protectors and other stuff. the wide angle lens is necessary with this camera, i will say. But the camera and i have more acquainting to do. it gets very grainy in low light, while good light, and outdoor is magnificent. there's a ton of settings, so i just need to get acquainted more.

4. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009

[​IMG]

[​IMG]