Cam Thomas? Major Wright?

27 replies

Tin IndianTin IndianForum VeteranOP
Apr 23, 2010, 08:51 PM

He is still out there and our 3rd is coming up. Is he the guy? How about Major Wright? Thoughts, ideas?

Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.

FinFinNew Member
Apr 23, 2010, 08:55 PM

My money is on a safety. Reshad Jones or Major Wright.

Tin IndianTin IndianForum Veteran
Apr 23, 2010, 08:59 PM

John Jerry a guard. I guess we don't need a safety or a nose tackle anymore. Sheesh!

Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.

XTxTuNa FiSHxNew Member
Apr 23, 2010, 08:59 PM

I wont even attempt to guess our picks anymore lol

Uncle RicoUncle RicoNew Member
Apr 23, 2010, 09:06 PM

Major Wright gone to Chicago.

I guess Jason Allen could be given one more shot at safety.

princekong2princekong2New Member
Apr 23, 2010, 09:09 PM

Major Wright to the Bears and Chad Jones got Drafted, Well Im Not Watching this Draft anymore

Tin IndianTin IndianForum Veteran
Apr 23, 2010, 09:12 PM

"Uncle Rico wrote:

Major Wright gone to Chicago.

I guess Jason Allen could be given one more shot at safety.


I don't have a clue what they are doing. Safeties are coming off the board and it is one of our biggest needs and we haven't even sniffed one. I can only assume they have a plan. I just wish we had a clue what it is, sure would ease my mind.

Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.

DHPVWDHPVWNew Member
Apr 23, 2010, 09:14 PM

WOW! Leave it to Parcells to take an OG in the third. Our draft has completely sucked ass this year. All this build up for nothing, I'm not the least bit exited about any of our picks. We passed on so many good players......what a joke

#1dolphinsfan#1dolphinsfanNew Member
Apr 23, 2010, 09:50 PM

Horrible draft by our FO

FAfastball83Forum Veteran
Apr 23, 2010, 09:57 PM

horrbile draft IMO too

sorry if my english isn't very good but I am french finfan

DHPVWDHPVWNew Member
Apr 23, 2010, 10:09 PM

Let me get this straight.....we traded out of the #12 to get Odrick at #28 and Misi in the 2nd and a OG with our 3rd?!?!?!?!?!

What a waste of picks. With the exception of Odrick, none of these picks add up. Even Odrick doesn't fit the system we are supposedly building. Just stupid picks, plenty of better, more proven talent was still available

DHPVWDHPVWNew Member
Apr 23, 2010, 10:26 PM

I know some people see this as a solid draft for us so far. But I say that is being far too optimistic. I'm all for believing in our team.......just not when we pass on big time talent in hopes for a bargain. How about pick a player that is already up and ready to go, not hope that the bargain pick's pay off

BLITZBLITZNew Member
Apr 23, 2010, 10:31 PM



~IN TUNA WE TRUST~

brandon27brandon27Supporter
Apr 23, 2010, 10:37 PM

So... We needed OLB/DE types who can rush the passer... we did that with Misi, and well, you said it yourself Odrick is a nice pick, so it is what it is.

But how is getting a guy who was rated by most as the second best guard in the draft a stupid pick? Especially when its common knowledge that we're shopping our starting LG in Smiley because he's often injured??? Oh, not to mention that RG was a rotation last year too. Clearly we're not satisfied along the line. I dont think Incognito was brought here to start, maybe, but I dont think so. Many apparently think Jerry can come in and start for us.

I have no problems at all. Just because we all get caught up in the media hype of certain players and where they're hyped to go... doesnt mean that everything you read/see on TV from analysts is right. Afterall, theyre on tv, or in journalism writing and talking about football for a reason.... They aren't qualified to work in the front office of an NFL football team... probably not even an arena football team to be honest. Hell, just look at some of the wonderful articles Armando writes... I rest my case. :lol:


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!

LandShark13LandShark13New Member
Apr 23, 2010, 10:39 PM

"DHPVW wrote:

I know some people see this as a solid draft for us so far. But I say that is being far too optimistic. I'm all for believing in our team.......just not when we pass on big time talent in hopes for a bargain. I think Parcells is smoking some good ish, because all he has done is pick people with "lots of upside". How about pick a player that is already up and ready to go, not hope that the bargain pick's pay off

Thing is as fans we can only know so much. Even the so called experts that rank these players can only know so much. The only one that watches the same tape the coaches do as well as attending all the Pro Days is Mayock and even he didn't know medical issues on players like Kindle.

These teams not only do their due diligence in scouting these players , watching tape interviewing etc. They also higher people to investigate just about everything you can imagine. None of the people who rank these players have this type of insight.

I'm not that different than you in the fact I wanted some of those players we have been hearing about for the last couple of months. I watched videos, read articles on these guys and I was sold they would be stars.

Trust me the FO researches these guys to the nth degree. They know things that we don't. For example you have knocked the first pick and I have to tell you at first glance I wasn't thrilled myself. After reading Jeff Darlintons article this morning it opened my eyes as to why they wanted him and how he will help us right away.

FS is a need I would love to see filled as would many of you. But what if your Jeff or Bill and after all your evaluating you think Clemens is better than what is left on the board. What do you do now? Draft a FS anyway just so the fans would have some hope, false as it may be in April or stick to your board and draft players who you feel are an upgrade over what you have on your roster?

So brother take a deep breath. The sky is not falling and the team is in good hands. :knucks:

CapsCapsForum Veteran
Apr 23, 2010, 10:46 PM

Cool your jets. Nothing about his post was disrespectful, give him the same courtesy.

ASasciiNew Member
Apr 23, 2010, 10:49 PM

this thread needs to be saved for future crow eatin :)

DHPVWDHPVWNew Member
Apr 23, 2010, 10:55 PM

"ascii wrote:

this thread needs to be saved for future crow eatin :)

I truly hope I eat my words. That will mean that our picks played out and the Fins are doing good. That's all I want, not all this nonsense.

I'm not to big of a person to say that I was wrong, so when and if the day comes I will be the first to say it. Until then I will have my own opinion

And sorry, my reference was to BLITZ and his whaamulance. I type pretty slow sorry

ASasciiNew Member
Apr 23, 2010, 10:58 PM

"DHPVW wrote:

I truly hope I eat my words. That will mean that our picks played out and the Fins are doing good. That's all I want, not all this nonsense.

I'm not to big of a person to say that I was wrong, so when and if the day comes I will be the first to say it. Until then I will have my own opinion

The most satisfying crow one can eat is one about a player for the dolphins. So I guess I'm rooting for you to eat crow too? :tongue2:

:knucks:

brandon27brandon27Supporter
Apr 23, 2010, 10:58 PM

"DHPVW wrote:

I truly hope I eat my words. That will mean that our picks played out and the Fins are doing good. That's all I want, not all this nonsense.

I'm not to big of a person to say that I was wrong, so when and if the day comes I will be the first to say it. Until then I will have my own opinion

And thats fine, everyone is entitled to their opinions... but I encourage you to watch some tape and do some reading on Odrick, and Misi. Jerry too... I think after doing so, you'll see why we picked these guys, and it might help you to understand why they went in this direction, or at least realize its not as bad as you may think.


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!

DHPVWDHPVWNew Member
Apr 23, 2010, 11:00 PM

I don't think Odrick is a bad player, just don't see where he is gonna play in our defense that's all. I hope he does well, he has the talent to be good, just need to find out where he fits in

brandon27brandon27Supporter
Apr 23, 2010, 11:03 PM

"DHPVW wrote:

I don't think Odrick is a bad player, just don't see where he is gonna play in our defense that's all. I hope he does well, he has the talent to be good, just need to find out where he fits in

OK, fair enough, maybe this article here might shed a bit of light on it for you. talks about the changes we're making to our D for next year...

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/23/1594742/miami-dolphins-to-tweak-defense.html

How about the other two? Have you checked into them... do so, you should be surprised. They're both promising players, at positions of need.


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!

ASasciiNew Member
Apr 23, 2010, 11:04 PM

"DHPVW wrote:

I don't think Odrick is a bad player, just don't see where he is gonna play in our defense that's all. I hope he does well, he has the talent to be good, just need to find out where he fits in

I think read MANY things about the Dolphins defense. Anywhere from Nolan needing more then average amount of DE's to being a hybrid defense. I wish I had some insight as to what type of defense we'll be running, and any, if there is, trade talks or FA talks that are going on right now. If there are talks with getting either Sharper or the Atogwe (spelling?) then this draft makes a whole lot more sense. Hell for all I know the FO believes someone on the roster currently will be taking over FS. Sucks having to wait. I hate the offseason. :angry:

DHPVWDHPVWNew Member
Apr 23, 2010, 11:12 PM

I don't have too strong of an opinion on MISI, seems like he COULD be good in a 3-4 defene.s As for taking a OL with our only 3rd rd pick I think we could have addressed other needed positions first

brandon27brandon27Supporter
Apr 23, 2010, 11:14 PM

"DHPVW wrote:

I don't have too strong of an opinion on MISI, seems like he COULD be good in a 3-4 defene.s As for taking a OL with our only 3rd rd pick I think we could have addressed other needed positions first

Yeah, thats debatable I suppose. IMO we need a safety, but we also needed a guard. Jerry was pretty highly valued, apparently the FO liked him from the senior bowl, so... it is what it is now I guess. Im not too upset with it. Besides, still lots of time to fill the FS spot with 7 picks tomorrow. :up:


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!