1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Call of Duty:Black Ops?

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by BuckeyeKing, May 19, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas
    dual 1887 shotguns? :up:

2. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    What they didn't have the dual wield RPG's?

3. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Dont get me wrong... I'm not defending MW2 as the best game ever. I'd still say it's a helluva lot more fun than any UT spin.

4. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I'm not either, but IW definitely didn't make an average game.

mor911 likes this.
  5. Phinatic425

Phinatic425 MIA State of Mind

Feb 19, 2010
    Upper Left Corner
    I'm gonna be honest...the only Call of Duty that I REALLY liked was the original Modern Warfare. All these new ones just seem like re-hash's. They are gonna have to make significant changes to make me want to buy this. I hate feeling like I just spent $60 on a game I already own.

6. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Ochostinko wants Black Ops badly.

eric likes this.
  7. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Nowhere close to Battlefield Bad Company 2, just saying.

I'll probably download this game. I mean, it can't get much worse than MW2, what a disaster of a game that was Then again, MW2 did have decent single player which is probably all I'll play Black Ops for. But in the end, call of duty is still call of duty. Fake, arcade style rubbish. I'll stick to more realistic FPS games like the OFP/ArmA series and Ghost Recon/Rainbow Six series to name a few. Medal of Honor will probably be a better buy around that time, and of course I'm going to waste my money yet again with NBA 2K11...

8. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    I agree. Very well below average bordering on terrible.

9. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    I agree. Every other other COD has been meh.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Don't you have a reputation of hating on COD?

11. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    What's that matter? I hate awful games that are fatally flawed with glitches and extremely poor multiplayer play in general. Probably why I hate MW2 and MMORPG's so much. One can only hope black ops is any good, but I have more faith in Medal of Honor quite frankly.

12. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    Well, then why do you hate Modern Warfare 2? It isn't awful. It's isn't "fatally flawed". And the multiplayer isn't poor. Does the game have issues? Of course. But then again, what game doesn't?

This seems like a case of you expecting too much from Call of Duty MW2.

13. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    The game is awful, most certainly fatally flawed, and calling the multiplayer poor is being quite generous. The maps encourage nothing but camping. Kill streak rewards do the same. Some of the perks are a complete joke (danger close and commando to name a few). Everybody runs around with noob tubes, which is a waste of my time. Glitches. Sniper shotguns. I could go on, but why bother. MW2 is a game that was fun for a few weeks. It wore out it's welcome real quickly due to it being one of the worst multiplayer experiences I've ever experienced in a game. Luckily for me there's some great FPS series out there to not warrant wasting much time on the arcade style COD series.

14. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    Whatever floats your boat, I guess. I just think you're being very picky and trying to point out every bad detail.

15. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Not at all. I just find no fun in a game where everybody runs around with noob tubes or camps. Much in the same way I find no fun in grinding and grinding and grinding some more in MMO's like World of Warcraft. Video game experiences are all opinion, and my opinion is that MW2 isn't half the game that MW1 was, and isn't really fun at all. I'll just stick to Battlefield/Rainbow Six/ArmA/OFP/Ghost Recon to name a few. Just fits me better I guess. :up:

16. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    I agree with you in that MW1 was a lot better than MW2.

McLovin likes this.
  17. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    I'll buy it because at this point I have more faith in Treyarch.

They have a great opportunity to take what MW2 had right and more importantly what they totally screwed the pooch on and make a great game. It's all about the online play for me.

Get rid of the kill streak reward orgy. Maybe have customizable killstreak rewards but do not make any of them insanely powerful. No nukes, no AC130 etc. There should be a workable countermeasure to every reward. This would discourage the insane amount of camping we see in MW2.

Make the objective games more rewarding. If I capture a flag or a point in domination it should be worth MUCH more then getting a kill. This would get people obsessed with XP and rank capturing points instead of hunting.

Hell, I'd even make it more rewarding for movement. A good thing to see would be the XP you get for a kill reduced if you get a kill within a set radius of another kill in the game (if you are not using a sniper rifle). Force people to move around.

Better maps would help. I think the MW2 maps (with a few exceptions) encourage camping. Yes, almost every spot on a map has multiple access points but in some cases getting to some of those points is impossible. Too many choke points in MW2 where it turns into a turkey shoot.

WEAPON BALANCE! This is something that both game makers can not get right. I know they want the game accessible to the masses but it should take some skill to master a weapon. I want recoil. A light machine gun should ALWAYS be more powerful than an assault rifle, it fires a bigger cartridge. Have someone go out and use these weapons.

Customizable outfits for your character online would be cool.

Better spawn points would be cool.

More of a reward for prestige would be cool.

eric, Clipse and Anonymous like this.
  18. McLovin

McLovin Resident Pats fan.

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka
    Agreed.

19. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Agreed with your whole post.

The killstreaks most definitely need tweaking. The way it was designed last year really contributed to the insane amount of campers.

I wholeheartedly agree about objective based games. Objective based games were fairly bad in MW2. Every game was full of people camping for easy kills, as opposed to doing the actual objectives. Increase the amount of points for doing the objectives, decrease the amount of points for kills. Then maybe objective based games will be fun in COD, because that's all I play in FPS games.

Again, agree with the maps. They, along with the way objective based games and the killstreaks, play a huge part in COD being a campfest.

This is why COD can't hold the jock of a lot of FPS games, namely the Battlefield series. Weapon balance. The weapon balance is awful, and since neither company has been able to correct this yet, I'm not getting my hopes up. Do like Battlefield does, nerf Snipers. Make it so you can only get OHKO's from the chest up. You should not be able to get OHKO's with a shot to the damn foot... Would love to see bullet drop as well, but COD is an arcade shooter so I'm not expecting that. That would certainly get rid of a lot of the campers in this game as well. Assault rifles and LMG's need more recoil. SMG's need less power from distance. You should not able to rape someone from across the map with an UMP... Noobtubes need less spread. And One Man Army and scavenger has to go... People abusing noobtubes is the 2nd worst part about MW2 hands down. And let's not even talk about sniper shotguns. I wouldn't even have a problem with shotguns being OP if they were primary guns though. Basically, the weapon balance in COD is awful, and has been since I can remember.

Better spawn points is a must. If not that, there should be a 5 second wait before you can shoot, or at the very least, let noobtubes fly across the map. Spawn sniping/noob tubing is a huge problem in Search and Destroy.

Last but not least, I agree about prestiging. Hasn't been worth it in any COD game yet.

Edit - One more thing. Not sure what can be done about it, but boosters ruined one of my favorite game modes, FFA. Something needs to be done about that.

eric likes this.
  20. McLovin

McLovin Resident Pats fan.

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka
    File complaints, file complaints, file complaints. get everyone one else to do it aswell. the more complaints a person have, the more likely they will be suspended. happened to me. :lol:

21. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Meh, would be too much work to file a complaint for everyone that pisses me off in Mw2 lol.

22. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    And yet I need to get that damn skull coin :no:

One thing I read and liked was making it so killstreaks don't stack. This would help eliminate camping. People get 5 kills, use a pred. If they don't get a double, they camp for kill 7. Once they get 7, they camp and wait to get Pavelow/AC-130/Chopper Gunner.

23. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    The main complaint seems to be camping. The kill streaks, maps, weapons, and game modes make it as if you have to camp. I've noticed it, too.

Still, I love this game. I'm not one to notice every detail about a game. If it has good graphics and you get to kill people, I'm happy.

24. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    That's my biggest gripe. If it weren't such a campfest it wouldn't be half bad. Like I said, nerfing Snipers would go a long way to fixing COD. No more OHKO's from the legs... Only the chest up, and the neck up past a certain distance.

McLovin and Anonymous like this.
  25. eric

eric New Member

Oct 11, 2009
    what is OHKO
    one
    hit
    kill
    o???

26. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    One hit knock out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Complaining about one hit kills in a Call of Duty game is like complaining about bottomless pits in a Mario game. They're sort of what the experience is built around.

28. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Probably why COD can't really hold the jock of other FPS games I guess.

29. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    If you watch the original commercial for it, they tell you to watch "carefully".
    If you look VERY carefully you will find a phone number.
    18773864270. We called it for ****s and giggles, and just a music player came out. There is also a set of numbers.....of course if you look carefully you willl realise its an IP number. When i punched it in to the browser it redirected me to a site thats "under construction" asking you to leave your name and email for updates.
    Interesting.

30. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    post the IP dammit!

31. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Not at work.
    Ill find the poster and ill do it.
    It redirects you to gamestop and then redirects you from there to that website.

32. eric

eric New Member

Oct 11, 2009
    maybe its a way to get into beta testing or something?

33. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    If you listen long enough, you will hear a set amount of beeps. Morse code? Somebody who knows morse (or feels like looking it up) should give it a shot.

34. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    CoD has always been a very unrealistic series. Not sure what your bone of contention is. Six sequels in, you should know what you're getting. It tries to be Hollywood warfare, not real warfare, so to complain about one-shot kills misses the point of the series in general. I mean, we're talking about a series that built its name on linear Nazi pop-up funhouse-style levels.

If you're after a relatively realistic war game, play ArmA 2.

35. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    I play ArmA 2 quite often. I realize what I'm getting with COD. It's not for me unfortunately. But I'll still download Black Ops though, I do enjoy the single player campaigns, wish they were longer though.