1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BZ is back for the REMATCH....

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by BwanaZulia, Oct 26, 2009.

Tags:
  1. BwanaZulia

BwanaZulia New Member

May 12, 2008
    With the games yesterday fully behind us, time to turn towards the upcoming game in the rematch.

My Dolphin friends (no, not the wife) have already started the chatter.

I will admit, straight up, that I am more worried about the Dolphins at this point, than the Patriots.

I hated the way that game went down in Miami and with Jenkins and Leon out for the season, just less weapons to use.

The good and bad news is, we all know the game plan. The Jets and Dolphins are going to run the ball all day long, best team to run the ball, gets the win.

BZ

2. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    Too soon BZ....
    We need a day to pull the knife out of our hearts from that Saints game.

But I do look forward to another great smash mouth game in this rivalry. That Jenkins loss is huge. Not to mention I think Leon was your best skill position player. Heres to hoping the fins get back on the winning track.

gunn34 and Clipse like this.
  3. BwanaZulia

BwanaZulia New Member

May 12, 2008
    I was semi-watching the Dolphins/Saints game (two screens, in a split household).

A few things:
    - The running game and the wildcat are still a huge thread
    - Your corners are getting better
    - TGJ is not

BZ

JimToss likes this.
  4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    we can talk all we want, but no means are either teams in position to talk any smack, both teams play has not been something to be proud of..

late again and mullingan like this.
  5. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    Hey BZ, we're all a little sore today. Catch you tomorrow.

6. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Ah the rematch. The Miami Dolphins vs the Miami Dolphins. Lets see if we beat ourselves again this week

7. BwanaZulia

BwanaZulia New Member

May 12, 2008
    Smack? Nah...

For me, I just want revenge! :)

BZ

8. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Im not talking **** this week.
    :D
    Hi BZ

9. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Go top Red Lobster and order the Grilled Dolphin, revenge is dish best served cold, but I think you'd like it served hot, with mashed potatoes and some veggies instead.

10. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    Yeah after blowing that game, I don't even feel like making fun of the Jets right now...

God... how sad is that?

USArmyFinFan likes this.
  11. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    next weeks game will not be on the same huge stage, in front of the world to see. it will be the lesser, smaller game. its the monday night game that everyone will remember. but our season is on the line.

12. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Good to see your civility BZ, but that's what we have grown to expect from you.

I think this NO loss is going to linger with us for the rest of the season.

I also think everybody realizes Dirty Sanchez is a mediocre QB.

I think everybody realizes that your defense is going to be good, but not great.

I think the Washington injury REALLY hurts you, but it also let's your best player drafted this year into the game more.

I think we will digress some as a team, and how we rebound from that terrible loss will show what make-up the team actually has.

I think its gonna be another very good game, and perhaps the one advantage we have is that while you are playing cream-puffs, you are actually one of the easier teams for us to play this year.

Good luck :up:

13. BwanaZulia

BwanaZulia New Member

May 12, 2008
    Ok.. till tomorrow...

I can only hope.

BZ

14. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    It sucks that Leon got hurt like that.

15. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Banned

Oct 8, 2009
    Sweeping the Jets is going to be a nice hangover cure.

eric likes this.
  16. BwanaZulia

BwanaZulia New Member

May 12, 2008
    It really does. A special player. Time to seen what Shonn Greene can do (100+, 2TDs against the West Oakland HS Raiders)

Tough stretch coming up... on the road against the Jets, then the Patriots off their bye.

Ouch.

Since the Dolphins already beat the Jets, you guys should look ahead to the Patriots, the true matchup.

BZ

17. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    Honestly I don't think it's smart to look ahead on any team, even as a fan. You'll be in for a rude awakening if they upset you, and a really ****ty morning the next day.

We went toe to toe with the Jets. They lost Jenkins, we lost Allen. Rex Ryan admittedly did not plan like he should have for our game. That may be a load of crap to take the heat off the loss, but maybe it isn't. It's going to be another drag out game I feel, and while I have faith that we can win, I do NOT think it's going to be a gimme game.

opfinistic likes this.
  18. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I think we can split with the Pats, I'm not too worried about them, well cross that bridge when we get there.

It should be an intresting game, the Jets riding high coming of a bounce back win and the Dolphins are pissed coming off a heartbreaking loss.

19. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    No point in being hostile toward BZ. All he has done is come in here and be classy about the upcoming game.

You have to remember we beat the Jets with 6 seconds left in a rocking Joe Robbie stadium on a Monday night. The Jets and Dolphins are very similar talent wise this year. Its gonna be a smash mouth game.

20. steeda

steeda Active Member

Nov 29, 2007
    BZ,

Bring on the Jets. I think a nice win against a division rival will make the pain going away from the Saints game. :)

21. Thunderbolt89

Thunderbolt89 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    I too still can't get over that Saints loss,but I am looking forward to playing the Jets again. It should be another hard fought interesting game to add to the great rivalry. I just hope neither team suffers anymore injuries during the game,both teams have had our fair share of injuries.

22. BwanaZulia

BwanaZulia New Member

May 12, 2008
    Both are big losses, but the Jets found their grove in running and should match up pretty well against the Dolphins.

I don't expect our defense to be that winded at home. The noise will be incredible and Chad2 is going to have a tough day.

Agreed. The spread on this one should be low... I would say 3.5-4.5 given the home field and our win, your loss.

We do. Look who the Dolphins let come back from a 24-3 lead? The Saints. Are you proud?

Question is, can the Dolphins take the show on the road, after a horrible loss, come of the warm womb of South Florida, up to cold blustery NJ for a game of smash mouth football without "FINS UP" every five seconds on the video boards?

Can Chad Henne, now with a little tape on him, play on the road?

BZ

23. BwanaZulia

BwanaZulia New Member

May 12, 2008
    How about loss to same hated rival? Would the pain double?

Agreed. We are at the end of our ropes with injuries.

This game is about the run, establish it and win. Stop it and win.

I doubt we will see both rookie QBs look so flawless though... and I am really hoping Pace can get to Henne this time (now that he is in football shape).

BZ

24. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    I'm hoping Pace ends up with the huge shoes and big rubber nose.

Colorado Dolfan, SICK and cnc66 like this.
  25. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

is bwanazulia a distant cousin to godzilla or big foot?

(what's it mean, seriously?)

ps.,

not gonna stick my foot in my mouth on the game

opfinistic likes this.
  26. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    i forget how new you are to our family. BwanaZulia means carpet salesman in Swahili.

(I know I butchered that BZ, but I tried to get it right. lol)

27. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Banned

Oct 8, 2009
    Um.....it's the Saints. The Saints are actually one of the best (if not the best) teams in the NFL right now.

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  28. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Green looked good.
    vs raiders.
    Id rather have you guys play with two powerbacks rather than TJ and leon.
    We have you guys, and pats.
    If we split these games, we would be 3 and 5 going in to a stretch of bucs, panthers, bills, pats jax, titans and houston.

I think it fair to agree that season is far from over.
    our remainder of the schedule is easier than yours, which should benefit us in the long run.

29. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Your killing your own effort again brother.
    It was wise to mention first the weather, then our QB but leave Dirty Nasty Sanchez out of it :lol:
    Sorry, but that kid throws a very light ball
    Looks fairly good in warm sunny confines, but more like a girl threw it in the cold :up:

30. anlgp

somehow I think I'm going to wait until BZ answers.

I don't think you'd lie to me, but pulling a fast one to get a :chuckle: is not beyond your realm.

opfinistic likes this.
  31. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Who?

Me?

:chuckle:

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

32. anlgp

I find your observation of my lack of faith even more disturbing.

opfinistic likes this.
  33. BwanaZulia

BwanaZulia New Member

May 12, 2008
    Very close..

Bwana = Mr
    Zulia = Carpet

In Swahili... I ran a carpet company in Kenya. (long story)

Not sure how your schedule is easier than ours, you have two road teams, in division.

Patriots twice (L)
    Bills (cold) (L)
    Jets (L)
    Texans (L)
    Steelers (L)

You can take out the Jags/Panthers/Bucs

That leaves you at 6-10.

Grab the Bills and one of the Pats games, 8-8.

Sanchez has played like a rookie. He has a good arm, but can put the touch on it when it wants to. I don't remember the Dolphins secondary picking off his easy balls.

He would, but didn't.

BZ

azfinfanmang, anlgp and opfinistic like this.
  34. anlgp

I like how you are handing a loss to us against your Jets when we've already beat you once when you had both Jenkins and Washington at your disposal.

Jeffrey likes this.
  35. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    honestly the jets right now are not that interesting for us. if we beat you guys it proves nothing. we have to beat better teams than yours. probably goes for both teams. i'm sure you feel the same way about us. dont know why but this just seams like a "loser bowl" to me, like we're playing for the silver medal or something.

Jeffrey likes this.
  36. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Interesing :)
    We split with pats, maybe.
    We beat Bills, cold? We played in our coldest game EVER last year, and put up 40 points. I dont think cold will be as big of a factor.
    Jets? What has changed since the last time we played? We lost our starting CB, sure, Sanchez and Edwards developed a bit of chemestry, but you guys lost your run stopping NT. We run the ball. Hmmm. Plus, Sanchez has yet to prove he can play in the cold. Henne started in big 10 for 4 years, i think its safe to say that climate will bother Nacho more than Henne. Texans, im not sure, why loss? Because they have Andre? They let Alex Smith score 21 by himself on them. Steelers will be a loss, unless they sit their starters, which is a possibility of they play the way they played yesterday.

Because our stonehands D dropped them, doesn't mean he didn't throw it to the defensive backs.

37. shaunm000

shaunm000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Oviedo
    Hey BZ, im going to the game this week. Ive never been to a Jets game there. Im sitting in the upper bowl where probaly the rowdy folk sit. Would you advise that i do not wear my Dolphins gear?

38. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    You need to go back and read :up:
    I of course mentioned bringing the weather into it.
    Its been made very obvious there is one important factor your FO forget to navigate when studying Dirty Sanchez.

Cold Weather=5 Int's. :up:

39. shaunm000

shaunm000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Oviedo
    Its going to be 58 and sunny on Sunday. Perfect football weather!

40. BwanaZulia

BwanaZulia New Member

May 12, 2008
    Don't worry about it... my wife will be there (Dolphins fan) in all her gear and my other friend Ed (who is on this board, but lurks, because he doesn't have the balls to post) will be there. He will wear his stuff.

My advice (and yes, I heed this when I am at the Dolphins stadium, 9 years and counting).

1. Be respectful, take the smack, try not to give it back.

2. Cheer FOR your team, not AGAINST the other team. You have a big run, cheer.

3. Always keep it friend. A smile, a hand shake, all of that go a long way to proving you are a good fan.

4. DO NOT TURN AROUND! Never! EVER turn around and look back up at the fans behind you. Don't do it! No matter what is being said, just stay cool.

Many many years going to games at the stadium with my wife (Dolphins fan) and brother (Pats fan) and the only times things get out of hand is when someone eggs **** on.

Don't be that guy.

99% of fans are good people, you just want to avoid that 1%.

BZ

Frumundah Finnatic and shaunm000 like this.