1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bye bye leaders

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GISH, Mar 13, 2013.

1. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Shhhhh

Falling on deaf ears brother. Pretty sure we didn't have any leaders last year. Can't lose what you never had. :up:

texanphinatic likes this.
  2. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Don't you think more leaders will emerge?

I guarantee Tannehill is one. As the QB of the future its only natural. He's smart and level headed.
    Don't be surprised if Ellerbe comes up. Groomed by Ray Lewis. Fresh off a SB win.
    Pouncey is a leader and will probably become a more vocal one if Long leaves. He's already great and has a rep.

PhinGeneral and mi2cents like this.
  3. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    The team doesn't need a leadership councel. When the boss says do something, you salute and do it. Show the rookies that they have to do it too. :salute:

4. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    It's a gathering of the Clans! Where is Havoc McTavish??

azfinfanmang and Fin D like this.
  5. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Thats only a bad thing if they were good leaders.

6. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    ...or they aren't replaced by as good or better leaders.

I think Bush is an excellent leader. I don't think Dansby was.

7. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    I have no clue. Bush seemed like one, but hard to say from my view.

8. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    He was there early and late every day. He was at least a solid example. Plus he was obviously the leader of the leadership council.

Dansby came to camp fat and was kind of up his own ***.

9. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    While they may have be the so called leaders of the team. The fact is that the Dolphins have not had a winning record in the last four years. All teams need solid leadership from a core group of players, but what the team needs more is victories.

Perhaps the players who will come in and fill the void of these former leaders will also help provide the team with more wins.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  10. JMORGAN6977

JMORGAN6977 New Member

Jan 9, 2008
    PHX
    Good Riddance!!!! One leader is just after the money, one leader never has and never will be a true leader, and the other one could not keep his mouth shut, like he was a union boss for the team or something. Awesome thing is NONE OF THEM PERFORMED!!!!!

I am looking forward to our new leaders Tannehill and Pouncey And Wake and Ellerbe. Notice they are all young and aggressive and have, or will perform at a high level!

11. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Hello newcomer and welcome to the forums.

12. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I think the message has been sent loud and clear..lol..

The three sucked at being leaders basically..Bush was pulling up on being aggressive(saw it happen several times) Long played like crap, and Dansby allowed his defense to get beat at the worse times, titans at home, bill on the road..ridiculous inexcusable losses because the team was not mentally prepared to fight..

Philbin needs to do a better job getting his team pissed off to play..especially when were at home dealing with a morgue like atmoshere..not an easy task, need special makeup of players to win in this town and in that stadium, those three aren't setting the tone..c-ya.

13. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Was not impressed by "leadership" the last few years, with the possible exception of Reggie.

I think at this time you look offensively for Tannehill and Wallace to step up, maybe Hartline. Defensively, Ellerbe and Jones. It's not like we are losing a Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher type of leader. Or more to home, not a JT/ZT type. We will be fine, and have the chance for a new group of better leadership centered around QB to emerge.

14. gandalfin

gandalfin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Kissimmee, Florida
    Adding a player who just won a SB should go a long way towards improving our defensive leadership.