1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bust factor: Who will be biggest disappointment from '11 draft?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Topdawg13, May 10, 2011.

1. Topdawg13

Topdawg13 New Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Indiana
    -Link-

2. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    1) Cam Newton

2) Tyron Smith

3) Jonathan Baldwin

MrClean likes this.
  3. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Agree with ya Jim. Those names come to mind right away for me, especially Newton and Smith. I'm not that sold on Solder either.

jim1 likes this.
  4. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    I hope Solder plays the left side come Spetember. I wonder if Wake will exploit those tendencies to play tall and without much "umph''? I am guessing Solder would have a very ruse introduction to the NFL.

5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    -Marcel Darius no one has noticed, but Lil Nicky's guys are not exactly setting the NFL on fire
    -Carpenter for the seachickens, a reach to begin with now he will start sooner then he should
    -Baldwin, oh boy, how long will it take for "tough love" to reach this guy?
    -Julio Jones, had foot surgery and will miss 2 months already, see Alabama guys above
    -Aldon Smith, SF had needs at Db, he is stuck behind a couple of good players
    -Adrian Clayborne, production dropped like a stone, total reach by the bucs imho
    -Corey Liuget, NFL rosters are littered with guys like him and AJ Smith is singularly bad at spotting DT talent

6. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Tough for an OL to be a bust really - even if Smith fails at LT he can go back to RT and probably do pretty well.

Surprised Newton is the only QB that got mentioned, I think all first round QBs this year are/were somewhat risky and I am definitely interested in seeing how they develop. The NFL is batting pretty well on first round QBs the last several years, will we see this trend break and go back to "normal", or will we see them all step up and perform.

Jones may have the biggest target though, considering the high bust rate of WRs, the long learning curve, his injury and how much atlanta gave up for him.

7. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    edit

8. Starry31

Starry31 Phins and Heels.

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    Ponder.