1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bush healthy, but future uncertain

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by ATVZ400, Apr 16, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    When Michael Bush first heard the buzz, he wasn’t thinking that this was just the typical business nature of the NFL. Or that it was just more potential competition. Instead, one very familiar word came to mind when Bush heard the Oakland Raiders were flirting with Arkansas running back Darren McFadden.

“I was just like ‘Why?’ ” Bush wondered.

Bush conveys the moment like a man who has been asking himself that question forever. And some days in Bush’s mind, it might seem that way. Since Sept. 2006, his career has seen little more than turbulence: A broken leg against Kentucky in the opener of his senior season; a second surgery a month before the NFL draft; plummeting into the fourth round of the 2007 draft; and then a long climb back with the Raiders that ended with an unexpected deactivation in November – without logging a single carry in his rookie season.

Now, in what can only be described as another layer of misery – after watching Justin Fargas blossom in Oakland’s backfield and even Dominic Rhodes rack up a pair of 100-yard rushing games to end last season – Bush will spend the one-year anniversary of his draft freefall looking over his shoulder, hoping the Raiders don’t pull the rug out from his feet again, and use the No. 4 overall pick on McFadden.

“The first time I heard that (might happen), I was like, ‘why would you do that?’ ” Bush said. “You’ve got Dominic Rhodes, who to me is still a good running back. Then you’ve got Fargas still here and LaMont (Jordan) still here. We’ve got a good group of backs.”

LINK to rest of story
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...slug=cr-bushinlimbo041608&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

alen1 likes this.
  2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I'm a big fan of Michael Bush. I hope he gets his chance because he could be an impact player.

3. phineas64

phineas64 Season Ticket Holder

If I was a Raider fan, I'd be thinking the same thing. Heck, if the Fins drafted DMC with the runners we have, I would have the same reaction, and Oakland has a deeper roster with more proven runners than we have. With all the holes they have to fill, there's got to be better choices that benefit the team waaaay more than DMC, even if he's a stud.