1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bush + Bess

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CRAZYFACE, Nov 2, 2011.

1. CRAZYFACE

CRAZYFACE Active Member

Sep 13, 2011
    England
    I've just watched the game v the Giants (my first this season as I'm not in Murdocks flock) and ooooo them Giants are poor. The Dolphins, don't seem too bad. Just lost concentration at the end. Do the offence front line dislike Moore? Letting the Giants run through them like that at the end. Disgraceful!
    Anyhoo to get to my point Bush and Bess. Bush is a very quick runner but nowhere near big enough so cannot just barge his way past some tackles. Once caught it's game over, end of run. Bess looked disinterested and just couldn't be bothered to make that extra effort when it was required of him to make a "circus" catch. He only cought one and that was thown into his chest so that anyone could have caught it.
    One bad call by the officials turned the game. Marshall looked ok. Maybe all will be well next week.

See you all at the Bills game. Eight of us coming over the pond !!!!

dolfan32323 and padre31 like this.
  2. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    I am not in agreement with those who compare Bess to Welker .
    Welker has better hands ,is quicker ,is a better YAC runner and is actually a threat in the return game ...if he is put back there.

Bess was a nice pickup but he is not on the par of Welker IMO.

3. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    Bess is always falling down. Hartline has the same problem. Don't be surprised at all if one of these guys aren't here next year

4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I don't see to many folks saying welker is just a product of their system and their QB anymore, bunch of bologna imo..We let a great football player go...dumb move then..even worse now.

ToddsPhins, PhinsRock and CrunchTime like this.
  5. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    The recievers this year have not played well no doubt,too many drops.They could all be replaced if they don't perform better.

6. Welker did not want to play in Miami and he forced his way out by putting the poison pill in his contract. Unless we were going to pay him something like 6 million he was not staying. The mistake was that we did not tender him higher and then trading him to a divisional rival for an extra 7th rd pick instead of trading him to Minny. Welker did not like it in Miami.

7. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Who's the moron trying to compare Davone Bess to Wes Welker? Welker is a friggin BEAST!! One of the BIGGEST mistakes we ever made was trading him. Hell, even when some of my friends were all over Randy Moss' jockstrap, I shook my head and told them no, Wes Welker is a MUCH better receiver than Moss.

I know Wes Welker. Wes Welker is a beast. Davone Bess, you're no Wes Welker.

8. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    All true and Welker is clearly a product of the system. That doesn't mean that he isn't good, he's very good, but the situation he's in has helped him hit these high statistical achievements. If he had stayed in Miami he would have produced numbers similar to what he did when he was here and similar to what Bess has produced. And I think that if Bess had landed in NE he would be the guy looking at about 100 catches each year.

9. mommabilly

mommabilly No riders allowed

May 3, 2010
    If Bush was still fast NO would never had let him go. He never was an inside type of guy, not even in college. He did do well on Sunday but the Giants run defense is ranked next to last in the league and that had a major part of it. Everyone thats played the Giants ran the football well against them.

I can live with Bess but on a good football team he would be a 4th or 5th receiver. Add in Dahbols blockhead play calls and its a mess skill postion wise.

10. Not sure what your point is? Are you trying to say Bess and Welker are generaly equal players that are putting up different numbers simply because of the teams they are on? I would agree that the difference between the two is exagerated because Welker has a better QB throwing to him but if they were both onthe same team I'ld be willing to bet Welker would put up better numbers then Devon.

11. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I wouldn't say equal, they have different strengths and weaknesses, but I would say that that the numbers for either would be fairly close given the same situations. IMO Welker has more consistent hands, but Bess makes more difficult catches. Welker is quicker, but Bess is stronger. I think those differences would result in Welker having more catches and maybe yards but not much. I don't think the difference would be more than 10 or 12 catches over the course of the season and the yards would be less a 100 yards in difference.

12. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Welker is a much better receiver than Moss. Just cause Moss could run streaks and outrun the defense doesn't mean he was a "better" receiver. Better would imply Moss ran better routes, played harder, had better hands, better footwork, etc. IMO, Welker was better than Moss.

13. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie

Surely you don't mean Randy Moss.

[​IMG]

14. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    During the game, Bess was on a punt return, the announcer screams:

"Bess with a hole! Bess caught from behind." All in a matter of a few yards. That just about sums up Bess

djphinfan likes this.