1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bucs waive former starter Gradkowski

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by alen1, May 30, 2008.

1. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Bucs waived QB Bruce Gradkowski.
    Once a favorite of Jon Gruden's, Gradkowski fell out of favor after showing terrible downfield accuracy in 11 starts as a rookie in 2006. He has terrific mobility and can be somewhat effective in the short passing game, but Grad just doesn't have the tools to project as more than a long-term No. 3 QB. He still should latch on in a West Coast offense before training camp. May. 30 - 6:57 pm et

Rotoworld.com

Should we take a look at him or pass up?

ATVZ400 likes this.
  2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    BUCS DUMP BRUCE, BRING BACK STEVENS
    Posted by Mike Florio on May 30, 2008, 6:48 p.m.
    The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have pulled the plug on the Bruce Gradkowski experiment, cutting the 2006 sixth-round quarterback from Toledo.

The move leaves the Buccaneers with only 16 quaterbacks on the roster, give or take a few.

Gradkowski started 11 games as a rookie, after Chris Simms went down with a spleen injury. In 2007, however, Gradkowski made only four appearances. His career passer rating is 65.0.

Because he has less than four years of service, he must pass through waivers before becoming an unrestricted free agent.

More importantly (and more troublingly), the Bucs have re-signed tight end Jerramy Stevens, a turd extraordinaire due primarily to his antics while at the University of Washington. Stevens was a first-round pick of the Seahawks in 2001, and he signed a one-year deal with Tampa in 2007.

In January, PFT Planet was up in arms regarding Stevens’ history of misconduct, and we hope that the Bucs face strong criticism for their decision to continue to employ this man.

Courtesy of ProFootballTalk.com

3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

4. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    We don't run a West Coast and I doubt if Gradkowski's any better than our current set of QB's. The only QB's on Tampa's roster that would even look at for our roster are Jeff Garcia and Brian Griese.

5. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Well, if we're sticking with Henne/Beck for the future, it may be better to have a stop-gap. Evidently, Gruden must still think highly of Griese to send a draft pick over for. Even with his many stops, he has contributed well. Won a good portion of Chicago's W's as well as a load of come from behind victories. Likewise for Tampa and he did especially well in 04 while Feeley and Fiedler were stinking it up. I followed the son of Bob's career for a while and I'm amazed he hasn't found a place to sink his roots in (would've hoped it'd be Miami until "Turnstile" Smith wrecked everything). Might as well have a Michigan product mentor another more younger one.

I'm not impressed with Simms at all. Really more a Trent Dilfer game manager.

alen1 likes this.
  6. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Griese did get a Pro Bowl nod in Denver but regressed a bit with injuries to himself and his favorite target in McCaffrey. Factor out the injuries and Griese would've put up Plummer type numbers or better.

I think they were trying to find the next Elway though Cutler's on a good start so far. Then again so was Griese.