Bucs v Dolphins preseason game thread

890 replies

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Aug 10, 2012, 04:57 PM

"MrClean wrote:

I agree, though liked them both. Todd, whom I referred to as my adopted son, was one of my favorite posters. Definite top 5 on this board to me. His posts were among the most informative consistently, and he had a great sense of humor too. I really miss him.

X2.

GreysonWinfieldGreysonWinfieldNew Member
Aug 10, 2012, 05:03 PM

"Bpk wrote:

Love it. lol. Made me recall a buddy cruising his blue '89 Dodge Daytona to impress chicks.

I had an 89 Daytona in Black Cherry with a 4 banger. I've probably had 40 cars in my 46 years on earth and by far this was the biggest POS ever.

One game at a time: Your 2016 Miami Dolphins.
A team without leadership, players without heart: Your 2015 Miami Dolphins.
Carrying on a decade plus of underachieving and mediocrity: Your 2014 Miami Dolphins.
Pissing on your dreams and tearing your heart out: Your 2013 Miami Dolphins.

PandarillaPandarillaForum Veteran
Aug 10, 2012, 05:06 PM

"Fin-Omenal wrote:

Todd > Killer

One was informative and logical the other confrontational and a Putz (here's to ya)

Anyways, will be interesting to see the Miami WRs in this game.

I maybe wrong, but I remember Todd as being quite confrontational in a nit picky way. I dunno, my memory can only handle so much minutia. Either way, you could always count on Killer to give his honest opinion without pandering to anyone. Sure he's a knuckledragging, foul-mouthed and bone-headed clown, but that element of brutal honesty (even if it's just his opinion) is hard to come by these days.

I could never get his goat, and that's what endeared him to me. He's our Otis from Mayberry. I just hope we jailed him for a spell and not given him the death penalty.

He will be missed...

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Aug 10, 2012, 05:08 PM

"MrClean wrote:

He became a Jets, Pats or Bills fan???

I liked the dude too. Think he'd be great fun to watch a live game with, but not if he pulled a Benedict Arnold on us.

Are you kidding me, killer be a jet fan..FH Mr C

PandarillaPandarillaForum Veteran
Aug 10, 2012, 05:10 PM

"MrClean wrote:

I agree, though liked them both. Todd, whom I referred to as my adopted son, was one of my favorite posters. Definite top 5 on this board to me. His posts were among the most informative consistently, and he had a great sense of humor too. I really miss him.

Maybe I'm misremembering Todd, LOL. I'll definitely give him a pass if he's your favorite Mr. C...

dolfan32323dolfan32323New Member
Aug 10, 2012, 05:14 PM

"Bpk wrote:

So... big question is... what are you eating and drinking for the game?

It's only pre-season, so no one expects you to be in mid-season form.

I think I'll have a gluten free beer and a big-ass burger on a pretzel bun.

I'll be drinking from Lagunitas Undercover Shutdown Ale. Been waiting to pop those open!

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Aug 10, 2012, 05:15 PM

"MrClean wrote:

I agree, though liked them both. Todd, whom I referred to as my adopted son, was one of my favorite posters. Definite top 5 on this board to me. His posts were among the most informative consistently, and he had a great sense of humor too. I really miss him.

Yeah me too..

CDcdnfinfanNew Member
Aug 10, 2012, 05:16 PM

anyone know if there is somewhere I can watch the game tomorrow?
I won't be able to see it tonight unfortunately/ But I'd love to be able to download it or stream it somewhere tomorrow if possible.

Sethdaddy8Sethdaddy8Forum Veteran
Aug 10, 2012, 05:24 PM

Anyone with a fool proof means of watching tonight, please feel free to PM me.

Sent from my iPhone

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Aug 10, 2012, 05:38 PM

"Sethdaddy8 wrote:

Anyone with a fool proof means of watching tonight, please feel free to PM me.

Sent from my iPhone

NFL.com is foolproof so long as you don't live near Miami or Tampa.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Aug 10, 2012, 05:40 PM

"Pandarilla wrote:

Maybe I'm misremembering Todd, LOL. I'll definitely give him a pass if he's your favorite Mr. C...

I think what got to Todd was sometimes he would write a very well researched, well thought out, interesting and logical post or start a thread in that manner, then have people respond with ridiculous comments, that appeared IMO to be designed to just get him to react negatively. "Baiting", in other words. He does not suffer fools gladly, and I don't blame him for that. Not one bit. If others would debate a topic from a position of reason, and knowledge, he'd be polite to a fault in his interaction with them.
If he joins another forum and I know about it, I'd join there too, and split my posting time between there and here. I know DJ had a lot of respect for Todd too, and perhaps he'd do the same.

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Killer BeesKiller BeesForum Veteran
Aug 10, 2012, 05:41 PM

"NYFinFan wrote:

I'm sitting outside the stadium with the rain pouring down. I heard people talking of thunderstorms but does it look bad? My phone won't load the weather.

Looking at the Doppler radar it looks pretty bad now but it does look like it will clear up by game time hopefully.

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Aug 10, 2012, 05:42 PM

"Stitches wrote:

NFL.com is foolproof so long as you don't live near Miami or Tampa.

Yes, and $19.99 is a good deal. Heck, anyone who can afford electricity, food, and water, should be able to handle that cost, basically $5 a game, to see their favorite team. :yes:

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Killer BeesKiller BeesForum Veteran
Aug 10, 2012, 05:46 PM

I enjoyed reading Todd's posts and his opinions to me always seemed logical, was kind of disappointed to see he was banned, anyone know what he did to get the boot?

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Aug 10, 2012, 05:49 PM

"Sethdaddy8 wrote:

Anyone with a fool proof means of watching tonight, please feel free to PM me.

Sent from my iPhone

Drive to Miami. Turn on TV. Fool proof.

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Aug 10, 2012, 05:50 PM

"MisterCee wrote:

I enjoyed reading Todd's posts and his opinions to me always seemed logical, was kind of disappointed to see he was banned, anyone know what he did to get the boot?

Not exactly, but I guess something along the lines of someone made an asinine response to one of his posts and he said something that insulted them rather than their post. The biggest no no is anything perceived to be a personal insult of another board member. JMO.

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Two TacosTwo TacosSupporter
Aug 10, 2012, 05:56 PM

"Bpk wrote:

So... big question is... what are you eating and drinking for the game?

It's only pre-season, so no one expects you to be in mid-season form.

I think I'll have a gluten free beer and a big-ass burger on a pretzel bun.

My wife is a celiac so I've had the chance to sample some gluten free beers. So far the best have been the Omission line from Widmer (not sure if their available outside of Oregon). What are you drinking?

________________________________________

"It's a bunch of drunk, mid-30s type of crowd who are very well-educated," Evans said. "Much more vocal. A little bit more crazy. It's a little nastier playing down there, to be honest."

--Sounders Midfielder Brad Evans on Portland vs Seattle Fans--

VanDolPhanVanDolPhanSupporter
Aug 10, 2012, 05:56 PM

"MrClean wrote:

Yes, and $19.99 is a good deal. Heck, anyone who can afford electricity, food, and water, should be able to handle that cost, basically $5 a game, to see their favorite team. :yes:

If you live in the U.S. ;p In Canada they want the full season paid for first.

jboogiejboogieForum Veteran
Aug 10, 2012, 06:14 PM

Anyone know if Hartline is playing tonight??

xphinfanxxphinfanxForum Veteran
Aug 10, 2012, 06:14 PM

"Bpk wrote:

My wife's a good cook too. I have to work out to keep it off. It helps when your woman wants to support your football-watching by feeding you :)

Today she is actually going to TRY to watch the game with me. I've been getting her gradually into football. Hooked her on Friday Night Lights. Then Hard Knocks.

The only catch is, she likes to talk and ask questions when the commentators are revealing new info like "It turns out player X went to the locker room because he has--" "I like that man who was nice to his wife in the show, is that the same man?"

Or she'll just get bored not understanding who anyone is.

It's funny watching a game with her. And frustrating. But I'm grateful she is willing to try!

Just be patient with her talking and she will be telling you who does what and what does who before you know it. (Right or wrong never forget she is right).

That's why they play the games!:yes:

dWreckdWreckNew Member
Aug 10, 2012, 06:17 PM

"xphinfanx wrote:

Banned.

Can I say that?

Lost him and Todd at the same time.

Great news!

Kinda sucks about killer, he was very passionate but not that bad. His presence in gameday threads was usually pretty amusing

As far as Todd goes, Awesome. Don't want to beat a dead horse but the personal-attack PM spams id get from him became a bit much after a while. I probably wasnt the only one either, and i'd go out of my way to NOT troll the guy.

Either way it goes... cant wait for the game.


The KRAKEN! Still proving doubters wrong on the weekly.
Get well soon Tanny. #ThatsMyQB

dWreckdWreckNew Member
Aug 10, 2012, 06:18 PM

"socacasual wrote:

whats up gents,

been a watcher of this site last 12 months but its now time to register and contribute as the new season dawns, feeling hyped and positive that progress will be made this season and honestly cant wait for the **** to start and we step up and make those haters eat crow, starting tonite against those glazer fukcaneers.

Leeeeets go miami, peace and love from the UK phins cru.

socacasual

Welcome!!!!!!!! and enjoy your stay. Always more fun converting from lurker to poster :up:


The KRAKEN! Still proving doubters wrong on the weekly.
Get well soon Tanny. #ThatsMyQB

Killer BeesKiller BeesForum Veteran
Aug 10, 2012, 06:19 PM

"MrClean wrote:

Not exactly, but I guess something along the lines of someone made an asinine response to one of his posts and he said something that insulted them rather than their post. The biggest no no is anything perceived to be a personal insult of another board member. JMO.

yeah I understand that part and that's unacceptable. I just liked his opinion on football matters and I think he provided some angles that I wouldn't of thought of personally, kind of out of the box that made sense.

SHShamboubouNew Member
Aug 10, 2012, 06:21 PM

Listening to WQAM on my phone here from Indy. These guys are a bunch of tools. Crowder and Celio or however you spell his name. No wonder so many people have a negative feeling about this team. No wonder we can't get any fans in the stadium. These guys do nothing but dog our team over and over. Somebody that knows what they are talking about needs to call into these clowns and let them have it!!

I'm not looking for the best players, I'm looking for the right ones.

-Herb Brooks-

xphinfanxxphinfanxForum Veteran
Aug 10, 2012, 06:22 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

Are you kidding me, killer be a jet fan..FH Mr C

Killer still posts on a Phin site same avatar same Killer.

That's why they play the games!:yes: