1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buckeyes recruiting hits high gear

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by ATVZ400, Jul 17, 2008.

1. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    I hope everyone likes Scarlet and Gray in the national title game because if you think 2 trips back to back is all you have no idea.

Fin-Omenal and GISH like this.
  2. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    :yawn:

Good news for SEC fans!

3. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    hahaha good, cannon fodder for the teams that don't do the sweatervest choke

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    No problem, you guys can get their every year if you like since I know you guys will choke like every other time.

[​IMG]

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Oh yeah and btw..

Its all about the

[​IMG]

Lab3003 and cnc66 like this.
  6. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Don't worry once were done with USC your next.:up:

7. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007

:up:

8. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    :no:

[​IMG]

:yes:

9. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Whose that? :wink2:

10. Silverphin

Nov 25, 2007
    2007 winners of the New Orleans Bowl, making us the youngest football program to ever play in a bowl game and the youngest football program to ever win a bowl game as well.

11. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    :escape:

12. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Actually not really scared of any SEC team this year. I'm fairly confident Ohio St will go undefeated this year. Yeah I said it the last 2 years but this year we have more talent that the previous teams. Hell if Beanie is 100% all year and Pryor plays like a playmaker I don't see anyone stopping the Bucks this year. Yeah scoff at that but you can't ignore the Buckeyes.

13. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Can't ignore them but you sure can put money on them losing in the end. :tongue2:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  14. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Well at least we are there and not in some **** bowl. Last year blame WVU and Oklahoma for choking, neither one of them wanted to play in the national title game. Is it Ohio St's fault those teams choked? Should have Ohio St said pass on the national title game?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
    Idahophin, Lt Dan and alen1 like this.
  15. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    alen, you may not remember, because it happened when you were 10 years old. But your precious 'U' was victim of The Ohio State University. If you've been scratching your head, trying to figure out why your team sucks. It's because we ended your dynasty quicker than Ted Ginn running a go route. :D

16. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    :up: Good Luck with that.

Shouldn't be too hard for them to go undefeated in the Big Ten, other than that it could get interesting.

17. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Oh you mean by the bs pass interference call? Yeah I know about that game. You guys win paying the refs to make you calls eh?

18. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Saying their was a BS call in a BCS Bowl game is kind of like saying you found a peanut in your peanut butter sandwich. You cant have the BCS without BS, and you cant have peanut butter without peanuts.

That said. Clean call. Buckeyes win!!

By the way, I got a good nickname for Willis McGahee. Hurricane Toast Crunch. It sounds tasty!!

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  19. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Lol don't get mad because the only way you beat us is because of calls like that.

Lab3003 likes this.
  20. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    we need a smiley icon where one smiley is holding back another smiley. i'd be using it right about here :holdback:

id still like to know what UFs excuse was for not making it to the title game last year. OSU lost twice as many talents as them, and still made it back. UF got to keep their Heisman QB. OSU lost their entire offense in the draft.

IMO, we are only seeing the beginning of one of the greatest college football dynasties to ever be assembled. I'll take two NC losses during the early stages, if it means 5 titles in a row. I'll be the first to admit that OSU was the beneficiary of a crazy losing festival at the end of the season. I would have loved to get another shot at UF. But things didnt turn out that way. But that surely cant be held against OSU for being there. You can think of the 07 Buckeyes as the 71 Dolphins. We all know what happened in 72 and 73.

21. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    :lol: Holdback? Why? You got all of that out of that comment? I was giving your team a compliment, Defensive much?

First, I'd suggest you brush up on your info. UF lost 9 starters on defense after their NC year. Tebow was not the starter that year. They also had a roster of 70+% underclassmen last season. Not to mention the difference in schedules between the two. Regardless, last year was a somewhat down year but its over and a new year is here. No excuses.

Not gonna comment on the last paragraph other than good luck with that, hope you don't set yourself up for more disappointment.

22. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    It really shouldn't I see USC and maybe Wisconsin giving them a challenge. I just think they have more Experience than most and this year it will prove to be their best attribute.

Oh christ, listen Alen and listen good there were 3 fouls on that play.

Call 1-U player holding on to the jersey of the Buckeye player (they were doing it all game long)

Call 2-The PI call was probably the most controversial of the 3

Call 3-U player grabbing the Face mask of the Buckeye player and pulling down when the ball is still in there air.

They could have called any of those calls. Still results in a first down.

23. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Spring, TX
    Yea, Florida actually plays in a conference that has a title game. Can't get in the BCS championship w/o winning the title game. The SEC is the best conference in the country top to bottom, and Florida happened to lose to 2 great teams and one good team. Ohio State would have finished with a similar record had they had to actually play anyone decent more then once in the regular season.

24. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Very true, thats why there is lopsided wins for SEC because they play tougher opponents on a regular bases. However I think this is Ohio St's year. They have played the 2 best teams the last 2 years, beating USC will quiet the doubters. I fully expect to see a SEC team in the title game.

Motion likes this.
  25. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    OSU has won what? Like one national championship the last 3 years?

They aren't even in the same discussion as the Hurricanes right now.

26. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I saw the play and I disagree. He jammed him at the and that's the only contact I saw that was before the ball. I would expect our opinions to be different on the call since we are rooting for the opposite teams.

27. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    The call was 100% BS. The game was over, the scoreboard said MIAMI NATIONAL CHAMPS, players were running on the field....and then a line judge throw a PI flag! A damn line judge calling PI is about as rare a call as you will see. There were other officials in better position to make the call, and none of them did.

Not to mention that the line judge that made the call was from the Big-10, and was subsequently fired after that game. Why would he be fired???????

alen1 likes this.
  28. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Exactly. And to say that there was contact before the ball (aside from the jam at the line) is completely BS. After Chris Gamble touched the ball, Sharpe hit him and the ball popped out.

Also, for those interested, Glenn Sharpe has been signed by the Atlanta Falcons.

29. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007

[​IMG]

30. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Yeah it must be tough playing Nevada in the MPC Computers bowl

Keep crying U fans

cnc66 likes this.
  31. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    are you talking football? if so, im lost.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  32. Silverphin

Nov 25, 2007
    ...Ouch....

33. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    More of the "bad call" stuff......go figure. The call was late but was 100% correct.

Ohio State had no buisness even playing in last years title game really, I mean us Buckeye fans this time last year wouldve been thrilled with a top ten team period!! We got there too early and it showed.

AS far as this year goes....the big ten keeps getting weaker and in the mean time we keep getting stronger.(sorta like the Canes run in the Big East) So if you ask me its a win in Troy and back to the game we go..dont know who we'll play Georgia looks tough but you know how that goes.

Ohio State will be dominate for the next 4 years so get used to them.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  34. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Spring, TX
    Dominate what, the big ten? Because don't go saying the NCAA after the last two times you had a chance to prove that you had a reason to have such big mouths and heads. You'll wind up eating your foot once again.

35. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    First of all don't say twice because no Buckeye fan was expecting Ohio St to be in the national title game last season. 08/09 is the year Ohio St fans thought we would be back in it. I fail to see how the most talented team in the nation gets brushed off.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  36. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Spring, TX
    BS. Just because you didn't expect to be there at the beginning of the year doesn't mean every buckeye fan wasn't claiming that this was their time to win it, and that LSU was going to lose, blah, blah, blah. I realize you may have had tempered expectations but 75% of buckeye fans are arrogant *******s who never believe their team will lose a game, even if they are supposed to.

37. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    To be honest every program has fans like that. There is always is a small group of a team that isn't homer.

At the beginning of the season we thought Rose Bowl at least.

Say what you want but Ohio St is better this year than last year.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  38. Lab3003

Lab3003 Golden era

Nov 23, 2007
    Bal Harbour, FL
    I have to give respect to Ohio State, Todd Boeckman will be pretty good next season and Terrell Pryor should continue with that trend. I see him being another Vince Young.

But don't be confused and say Ohio State is the most talented team in the NCAA football universe. USC, Georgia, Florida and Oklahoma are superior, and it's not even close. One of those four teams will be the champions next season.

As an avid Miami fan and alum, it hurts me to say this but I cannot and will not expect Miami to be good next season until I see it. The Hurricanes will have a young team and inexperience @ QB. I'm honest in my evaluation, so let's hear some of that sober reality from the Buckeyes in the forum. You can't expect this team to go back to the National Championship game and win after they've been THROTTLED twice consecutively.

Beanie Wells or no Beanie Wells, Kweshon Moreno, RB Georgia is likely to be talked as the best RB next year. Either Moreno or DeMarco Murray from Oklahoma. Come to think of it, Oklahoma will be awful good next year, championship good (until they choke again).

Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
  39. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    I wouldnt take that tone over in the "Gators forum" if I where you..:tongue2:

Your motive is hate for Ohio State and thats fine, Im not sure wich university YOU pull for but your looking through "those" glasses, because every major program has fans that have "big heads" and "big mouths" but you being a present day Ohioan Im sure its "in your face" a whole whole lot.

Name me a more succesfull program this decade...the credentials speak for themselves. Ohio State has zero sign of slowing down either, so like I said get used to it.

BuckeyeKing likes this.