1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Browns v Broncos

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by texanphinatic, Oct 21, 2021.

1. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Man, the Broncos suck. A losing season has to cost Fangio his job.

I know they have been mentioned as Tua suitors, and it's not that hard to see why. Like us, though, the rot goes deeper than a QB can fix from what I'm seeing tonight.

2. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I never understood the Bridgewater fascination his entire career.

3. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    He is better than Drew Lock

4. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Sounds like he is definitely not 100% out there, but even still ... I hear you. There's a reason Carolina and New Orleans both moved on quickly. I don't get what the Broncos are doing. Elway assembled an OK team, but aside from Peyton dropping into his lap for a few years, he and the Broncos have been as bad as us at finding QBs. Worse, arguably.

I guess the idea was to let Bridgewater manage the game, lean on the RBs and defense and ride that to a playoff berth, but man I don't know if you really do that in today's game. Throw the damn ball, it's a passing league for a reason. Doing anything else is rowing upstream and making your life harder. It's a 3 TD/gm league. If you can't score that, you aren't winning much.

5. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Well that's that. Would be neat if we could find some random RB to run for 100yds/td, or have an offensive playcaller who can call a cohesive game that takes advantage of your strengths and minimizes weaknesses, but that's a debate for another thread. :crapstrom:

6. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    The Broncos desperately needed to stop the Browns in the late 4th quarter, and instead are watching Cleveland's backup QB and 3rd string RB drive down the field to end the game. Really pathetic for their defense.

D'Ernest Johnson (who???) just ran for 146 yards tonight. He had 11 yards prior to tonight this year, and 166 a year ago.

Put a fork in Denver. Sadly, looks like the Fins will have to compete with them hiring a new HC in January.

7. mlb1399

mlb1399 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    I’m wondering if Denver makes a big push for Aaron Rodgers. They would be legit super bowl contenders and possibly favorites depending on what happens with Brady and TB.

8. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Ok, as silly as this is going to sound, think about it. The person who was ultimately responsible for Cleveland’s win last night was Bill Callahan, their offensive line coach.

Back up quarterback…3rd string running back and they still were able to man handle Denver’s defense…thanks to their offensive line.

mlb1399 likes this.
  9. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I think that says a lot about Cleveland’s offensive line… any running back can get big yards playing behind their line.. too bad their pass protection isnt as good as their run blocking, because Baker gets hit a lot..

Hunt and Chubb are so talented.. i love watching their run game .. cleveland has two powerful yet quick running backs