1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Browns Team Page

Discussion in 'Team Pages' started by Fin-Omenal, Jan 26, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Head Coach- Mike Pettine

Offensive Coordinator- Alex Gibbs

Defensive coordinator- Rob Ryan

QB'S
    Mark Sanchez
    Brett Ratliff
    AJ Feely

RB's
    Ryan Grant
    Mike Bell
    Chris Jennings
    James Davis
    Thomas Brown

TE's
    Antonio Gates
    Randy Mcmichael
    Evan Moore

OL
    Joe Thomas
    Chris Williams
    Eric Steinbach
    Damien Woody
    Hank Fraley
    Wade Smith

WR's
    Calvin Johnson
    Brandon Marshall
    Danny Amendola
    Chansi Stuckey
    Javon Walker

DL
    Sammie Lee Hill
    John Henderson
    Kenyon Coleman
    Kyle Vanden-Bosch
    Kenny Peterson
    David Veikune
    Titus Adams
    Derrick Robinson

LB's
    Deandre Levy
    Lance Briggs
    A.J Hawk
    Shawn Merriman
    Kaluka Maiavia
    Alex Hall
    Marcus Benard
    Lawerence Wilson

CB
    Eric Wright
    William Gay
    Brandon Mcdonald
    Alterraun Verner
    Deshaea Townsend
    Ramzee Robinson

S
    Antrel Rolle
    Al Afalava
    Ryan Clark
    Raymond Vetron

K

P
    Dave Zastudil

FREE AGENTS
    Abram Elam S
    Greg Estandia TE
    Mike Furrey WR
    Michael Gaines TE
    Rex Hadnot OG
    Jerome Harrison RB
    D'Qwell Jackson ILB
    Brodney Pool S
    Hank Poteat CB
    Jason Trusnik OLB
    Ryan Tucker OT
    Lawrence Vickers FB
    Billy Yates OB

DRAFT PICKS

Alterraun Verner, CB, UCLA 6th
    David Gettis, WR, Baylor 6th
    Mike Tepper, OG, California 7th
    Josh Arauco, K, Arkansas State 7th
    Sam Young, OT, Notre Dame 7th

TRADES

Browns send 3rd and 4th round picks for QB Mark Sanchez and LB Bart Scott.

Browns send QB Brady Quinn to Rams for WR Danny Amendola and a 5th round pick.

Dolphins send 4th round pick (118 overall) to Cleveland for NT Ahtyba Rubin ($385,000)

Jags send DT John Henderson ($4,200,000) and a 6th round pick (#188) to the Browns for QB Derek Anderson ($1,450,000) and a 5th round pick (#134).

The Packers trade Ryan Grant, AJ Hawk, and a 6th(#184) to the Browns for Brian Robiskie, Alex Mack, and a 4th(#118).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Browns Trade 6th RD pick #184 overall and DT Shuan Rogers to Chargers for TE Antonio Gates.

Cleveland sends: #7 overall pick, Kameron Wimbley, Corey Williams, and 5th round pick # 157.
    Detroit sends: Calvin Johnson, Sammie Lee Hill, Deandre Levy, and 4th rounder #98

Arizona sends: FS Antrel Rolle 7th-213 Cleveland sends:KR/PR/WR Josh Cribbs 4-98,5-152,6-188

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cleveland Browns send: WR Mohamed Massaquio $310,000, and 6th round 168 to the Miami Dolphins for WR Ted Ginn $677,917 and 3rd round pick 95.

Cleveland Sends:
    DE Robaire Smith-1,500,000
    LB Matt Roth-700,000
    2nd round pick #38
    6th round Pick #177

Bears Send:
    OT Chris Williams 385,000
    LB Lance Briggs 1,100,000
    S Al Afalava 370,000
    5th Round #138

Denver sends WR Brandon Marshall
    Cleveland sends picks # 93-95-131, Wr Ted Ginn, OL Floyd Womack

Browns send pick #138 to Rams for #161 #185 #211

Big E likes this.
  2. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Updated peeps

3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Fin-Omenal likes this.
  4. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    alen1 likes this.
  5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    no.

6. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Eagles 48
    Browns 13

7. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Bucs 45 Browns 3

8. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    bucs a bazillion aj feely throws 20 interceptions, browns -2

9. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    cincci bengals 10 giants 20

10. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    tampa bay devils rays 5 atlanta braves 7

11. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    [​IMG]

Vengeful Odin likes this.
  12. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    [​IMG]

Vengeful Odin likes this.
  13. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Northlake High School (Perrenial Dallas area champs) 100,312 Brownstripes Zilch.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  14. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    el paso high tennis team 10 - clevland browns 2

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  15. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    [​IMG]

unluckyluciano likes this.
  16. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    This is how you get other teams to NOT vote for you. :up:

17. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrXo0n1w6A8"]YouTube- Dancing SPAM can[/ame]

unluckyluciano likes this.
  18. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

You'll notice a slight increase in spam after fin-o signed up on thephins in 08.

Fin-Omenal, GISH and Vengeful Odin like this.
  19. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    :words:

20. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    I might even cut Calvin Johnson and sign myself...

21. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    you should cut calvin, and see the chaos it would create. people would be dropping players left and right to clear cap space to bid on him. it would be great!

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  22. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

Anything to stir the pot around here works for me....I get bored easily (obviously)

23. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    While you guys are enjoying your draft...:cry:, I will explain my defensive philosophy and break down why I have Who where.

For Starters not every 3-4 is ran the same way, some teams have a more attacking style...some use their DL in one gap assignments making more of an emphasis on LB ability to make a play or being responsible for a man or zone.

Me? I perfer space eating 3-4 DL. 2 gap players if u will, Lineman who are capable of getting a constant push to collapse the pocket and to free up the LB's to attack, and thats what I want out of my defense a team that can attack you from any gap from any of the four LB positions, basically a pressure defense.

Now this style puts emphasis on a few things...one, if i have 4 LB's who can/will blitz at any moment, I have to have 4 LB's I feel comfortable with in coverage when theyre teammate or teammates are engaged in a blitz. I need smart LB's who dont miss tackles and who are relentless when going after the QB.

Two, I have to have CB's with good awareness and react quickly and can jam the reciever....I have long had a theory of corners, SOMETIMES your pass rush can take alot of pressure of the corner, Pittsburgh has had average corners for a long time but they have gotten away with that because of a confusing attack from anywhere pass rush. I have alot of respect for corners who make due with a meager pass rush, this is why I feel guys like Rashean Mathis are vastly underated....there is a big difference between holding your man or your zone down 3 seconds to 5 seconds.

Three, I have to have Safteys who can tackle! When your style is as aggresive as I want mine to be, your last line of defense is VERY important! Alot of times they will be one on one in the open field and need to make a play. Ofcourse Safteys who can get you INT'S are nice too.

So I now release my base 3-4 defensive starters.

LDE Kyle Vanden-Bosch- About 10 pounds lighter than your typical 3-4 end, Kyle has the skills necessary to get a push on the RT, control the B and C gaps, and is athletic enough to chip the TE and be asked to drop back on occasion into a zone blitz.

NT Big John Henderson- 6"7 336 Henderson abuses the interior of OL's the A gaps are his and if left one on one will collapse the pocket with a blitzer likely right behind him.

RDE Sammie Lee Hill- At 6"4 329 pounds, Hill was very impressive as a rookie at "eating up space" Hill will be responsible for the B and C gaps, he also is on the right side because he can keep blockers off my WOLB.

SOLB Lance Briggs- Very versatile and a sure tackler imo my best overall LB, can rush the passer and his coverage has been solid his whole career, he is a three down SOLB.

SILB Deandre Levy- Detroits most impressive rookie said the Lions GM, a sideline to sideline tackler with the speed to rush the passer and stay in coverage.

WILB A.J Hawk- AJ transitioned very well to the Pack's 3-4 allignment and will be no different here, Reliable, assignment-sure defender now enters his fourth season, having started every game his first three years following selection as a top-five draft pick.

WOLB Shawne Merriman- One of the games most feared defenders, injury in 2008 made it harder for Merriman to get off the constant double teams he saw, decent in coverage but the high motor LB will rarely be doubled team with his large RDE eating up blockers...a free'd up Merriman = bad news for the opposition.

CB Eric Wright-- Many GM's inquired about the 24 year old corner because he is an all around CB, he can jam, he can tackle he can cover...and with the pressure his front seven will be bringing...I see a couple of pick 6's from Wright.

CB William Gay- The 25 year old corner recorded 70 solo tackles and is a threat to blitz himself....only one INT but he is a servicable starter and we expect his prior years experience will make him into a solid starter.

SS Ryan Clark- Better fit to be a SS imo but they have a pretty good one of those in Pitt, he was coveted by our Dolphins for a reason...he is a sure tackler, and a big hitter!

FS Antrel Rolle- The 26 year old playmaker from the "U" signed a GIANT contract this offseason, he transitioned from corner to saftey brilliantly 2 years ago...dangerous anytime the ball is near him, a game changer.

Thats my base coverage as of now, there may be a guy or two who pushes someone and takes their spot....but as of now here you have it....

Section126 likes this.