1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brothers and Sisters in Louisiana and other Gulf coast states

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Mindwarp, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Mindwarp

Mindwarp FFH

Dec 13, 2007
    Over There.
    Please get out! Get out now and don't wait till Monday! Please be safe and check in to let us you are safe. I hope that city does not have to go through another Katrina, but don't stay to find out!

Be safe !

Bpk, funkdat, Skeet84 and 15 others like this.
  2. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    I 2nd that, this is no time to fool around, anyone in the area of the Gulf needs to get the eff out now. :pity:

dolphindebby and njfinfan like this.
  3. Celtkin

Celtkin <B>Webmaster</b> Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    Run, don't look back and take your dog!

[​IMG]

njfinfan and Fin Fan In Cali like this.
  4. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    yep. get out and get your family too..i hope you guys are safe

Celtkin likes this.
  5. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Hopefully, this won't be another Katrina. Our prayers are with everyone. They just said on the news that the Mayor has ordered mandatory evacuations and that anyone who does not leave will be arrested. Please, please leave and go somewhere safe.

Celtkin likes this.
  6. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Not just NOLA.. the entire Gulf Coast should be leaving surge and flood prone areas. With Katrina, the forecast was landfall west of NOLA, and the folks in the panhandle area did not prepare for the unexpected. Katrina shifted east and caught a BUNCH of folks to close to the Gulf. Here is the current surge map.. remember.. forecasts miss by HUNDREDS of miles more than two days out.. everyone needs to stay current.

[​IMG]

This is nearly indenticle to the track for Katrina this far out and instead of 10 ft. surge, Miss, got 28 ft. This situation could be reversed.. with Gustav coming in west of expected and thus catching the Texans unprepared.. remember Rita..

dolphindebby, Celtkin and njfinfan like this.
  7. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Oh Lordy Marty. This storm scares me and I'm all the way up here. Looks like it has a long time to strengthen before it hits land. :no:

8. ScottishFin

ScottishFin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Get safe guys

Celtkin likes this.
  9. Celtkin

Celtkin <B>Webmaster</b> Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    Gustav's coming, 'get your butts moving'

Be safe brothers and sisters. You can replace property. You, on the other hand are much more important.

The word is that there will be no one manning emergency call centers so there is no help if you stay.

Flee and take your pets if you can.

njfinfan likes this.
  10. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Please, all of you down there, get safe!
    My prayers are with each and every one of you.
    Please don't take any chances, things can be replaced, but none of us want anything to happen to any of you.
    God be with you.

PMZQ, Celtkin and njfinfan like this.
  11. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Please be safe and leave if you have any reason to believe it could effect you. Material possesions can be replaced, but you have to be here to replace them. You all are in my thoughts. Good luck.:up:

Celtkin and njfinfan like this.
  12. Mindwarp

Mindwarp FFH

Dec 13, 2007
    Over There.
    yeah its down to 3 but its in the Gulf now, Warm waters = 'roids for 'canes.. Does anyone know what members we have in that area?

13. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    Jut got back from the Gulf.Almost time for a good surf soon.
    I don't see it hitting my area which is a good thing.Unfortunately it has to go somewhere.So for all of you down here.You know the routine.
    Be smart,be safe,good luck!

14. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    Hey,man.Long time no see. How did you guys do with Fay last week?

15. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    I'm from Mobile, AL right on the gulf coast about 2 hours east of new orleans. In fact if you look hard enough you can see Mobile Bay from my house. Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to leave. However I'm not expecting much of a fall out on my side of the storm. My sister is about 2 weeks from having her baby and hurricanes do make women have babies. Don't know what it is, but it happens, so when this thing is done I might have a niece. Assuming we all survive. :-\ We're a tough lot down here on the gulf coast. We've seen a lot of hurricanes and none of them have beaten us yet. We'll be fine. I do pray for all those who will be directly hit by the storm.

16. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

We had you in our prayers in the 11am service prayer team in my church today, I'm the prayer captain and made sure we covered lifting you all up, you will stay in our prayers as will the city you now MUST leave ASAP.

17. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    I just want to wish everyone on here and in the general Gulf area a safe next few days. Take care of yourselves and just know that everyone in the country will be there to support you and will be there to help if needed.

18. Styla

Styla #1 Davone Bess Fan!!!

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal
    I will be praying for you guys as well. I have family in NO and we can't reach them, were hoping they left and got to a safe place, but were going to be a nervous wreck til we get a hold of them.

njfinfan and TheMageGandalf like this.
  19. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    Praying for your safety guys. Storm should be there soon. Hopefully anyone there took the ride out, but if your still there, know that your in our prayers. Be safe.

20. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    On cnbc they were interviewing homeless people that chose to stay. On guy said he stayed through Katrina and survived that one, then went on to say, if this one comes I'm gonna be fine. HE SAID IF!!!!!! WHAT AN IDIOT!!!!! He has to be the dumbest person of alltime.

21. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    If he's homeless and has no family that cares for him, he may not mind putting himself in danger.

If you really fell like no one cares about you/ loves you.It's real easy to do a'lot of what you would call " dumb things'.

Without Love, or feeling loved theirs really no point in being here.:sad:

22. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    I also get your point, Sorry..... i didn't mean to come off like a a(( if i did.

23. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. Please keep us informed on their health and safety. PM me if you need any assistance.

Styla likes this.
  24. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I hope everyone is ok. I'm late on this and I apologize but I'm always hoping everyones safe at all times.

25. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Anyone heard from Trowa? He was the only one who replied saying he was in Mobile. I hope all is well for everyone in the Gulf Coastal region.

26. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I hope he's alright. I heard that the worst parts hit were Grand Isle which was directly hit from my understanding and 9th ward.

27. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Best wishes out to all of you. Not just from me, but my entire family.

cnc66 likes this.
  28. FiN.in.RI

FiN.in.RI Paul pierced through..

Dec 3, 2007
    the Heart
    Aren't your cousins from the area? Best wishes. :sad:

29. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    Thank you for the support guys. Me and my family made it through the storm okay. There was some flooding a bit south of us but fortunately there was little damage to my house. According to the news reports I've heard the storm wasn't nearly as bad as it was expected to be which is great. It's basically out of the area now. Tomorrow we'll get out there and clean up. The winds this afternoon were pretty fun though. Although I've always enjoyed hurricanes. Anyway, I do hope that everyone else was similarly affected as I was. I told you guys, we folks on the gulf coast are a tough lot. Now we get to deal with Hannah which became a hurricane today, Ike which became a tropical storm today and J-something that formed as a tropical system today. What a great day :-\ And my sister did not have her baby. So still got a couple days till Emma Lynn enters the world :)

30. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Glad to hear you're okay, bud... and that you have TWO wonderful things to look forward to: your niece's birth AND the Dolphins season opener!

Trowa likes this.
  31. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    I did tell her that if she has the baby during the Dolphins/Jets game that I would have to get her husband to videotape it so I can watch it later. The birth, not the game. :)

32. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    there gonna piss people off by keeping them out of the city. No one is going to take them serious next time.

33. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia

Glad to hear all is well bro. Wait til that little niece of yours gets here. You won't believe how something that little can destroy a house, after witnessing that, a hurricane is nothing.:lol: Best wishes to you and your family.

34. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    They won't forget Katrina that fast

35. m ino

m ino New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    we won't forget rita either..im so sick of hearing about katrina this katrina that(i apologize to those that may have lost possessions or loved ones to katrina). but they act like it was the only hurricane that hit louisiana at that time and they make it seem as rita people had it easy and who cares about them right?

on to gustav. me and my wife stayed with her sister here dispite all the warnings and beggings of other friends and family(we were very prepared otherwise we might have left). fortunately it ended up being the best place to be as we didn't even lose power or get that much rain.

it couldve been alot worse for us and my prayers go out to anyone affected by gustav as it wasn't pretty in some areas.

also prayers go out to those that will be seeing hanna in the florida area.

for those reports that they were going to arrest people for staying was not entirely true...they placed curfews for those that stayed and if you had no good reason to be out and about at night or they felt you may be up to no good they would arrest you. someone i know got drunker then kooter brown monday and was taken to our police station i guess to be safe from the storm and they could not take him in as they were full.

alen1 likes this.
  36. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Glad to hear you guys, m ino and Trowa, survived and everything was well. I hope everyone else was safe. People along the Gulf Coast have a special place in my heart for everything they went through.

37. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Appreciated the good wishes, bro. Unfortunately, Katrina was too much for them to handle (as far as a return to New Orleans is concerned), but they're doing fine in Georgia now.

Also, glad to hear from our Gulf Coast members. :up:

38. m ino

m ino New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    thanks guys..while gustav is officially out of my area,i don't think im unpacking too much with hanna,ike(hopefully ike doesn't see us as tina and decide to come up and slap a b) and josephine coming around the corner..speaking of josephine i think more people would get out of the way if they start giving these storms some mean sounding names like the terminator or hurricane deathstrike...josephine just doesn't have that seriousness going for it..who's going to run from "josephine" or "suzie".

FiN.in.RI likes this.
  39. FiN.in.RI

FiN.in.RI Paul pierced through..

Dec 3, 2007
    the Heart

Glad to hear it, King.

Glad to hear from our other gulf coast troopers as well.