1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broncos to name Josh McDaniels HC

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by steveincolorado, Jan 11, 2009.

1. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    ESPN is reporting that the Patriots OC Josh McDaniels will be the next coach of the Denver Broncos.

2. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    holy

crap

3. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Sounds great to me. I'm happy when any team bypasses our guy, Bowles, or when it hurts an AFC East foe.

4. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3826234

linky, was just about to start my own thread.

Good hire for them. McD will do wonders for Delhomme and Marshall imo. Get a solid RB in there and that offense should be a consistent nightmare. If he can get some good people to run the D will be a nasty team quickly.

Wonder if Pioli is still thinking of leaving the Pats as well. Maybe he would be interested in working with Josh further in Denver as the GM? Pure speculation on my part, but id be happy anywhere he goes, anything to weaken the pats :)

5. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Fine by me...and if Pioli heads to KC, I sure hope the NE empire crumbles from within

6. Skywalker

Skywalker Mile High Salute

Jan 1, 2009
    Montana
    I'm excited about this :D I was thinking we'd hire a more defensive guy but I trust Bowlen, if McDaniels was the best guy then he's the best guy :D

Plus, we just hired Mike Nolan as DC :up:

Delhomme? :lol:

7. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Cutler lol, had Panthers on the brain at the time! I still think he will be a great hire for you, and Nolan as DC is a nice pickup as well.

8. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    Solid hiring. A bright young mind to work with a bright young Quarterback. I think this will help Jay Cutler's career a lot, but he needs to find a Defensive Coordinator who can run a solid defense or else he'll be out the door in 3 years. Reprots are Mike Nolan will be the guy. I can't see Denver running a 34, would be interesting. Do they have the pieces? I don't think so.

9. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Good hiring. And with Mike Nolan running the D, people in Denver should be excited. They're going to have a good team there.

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Mile High Salute

Jan 1, 2009
    Montana
    You're right, we don't have the pieces to run a 3-4 at all, especially since we've been running a 4-3 for as long as I can remember.

So thinking about it, hiring Nolan might be iffy, unless Bowlen is willing to be patient and wait, and let Nolan and McDaniels bring in the pieces for a 3-4. Which I'm not sure if he is. If so, we should have just kept Jim Bates two years ago and let him keep building, instead of dump him after one year (which made no sense because with Bates, you need to give him a few years to build the defense) and hire Slowik. Slowik = :thumbdown:

11. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I think Nolan has some experience running a 4-3 defense too. He was with the Skins in the late 90s as DC and they've always been a 4-3 team IIRC.

Skywalker likes this.