1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bret Farve at it again

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by bbqpitlover, Dec 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    Who on this board could ever guess Favre would pull a selfish move on the Vikings. Brett welcome back it's nice to see you will never change.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=dw-favrechildress122109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

The team was listless Sunday, losing 26-7 to a lousy Carolina club. It’s now 11-3 on the season, but 1-2 on the month. And, in the confrontation that will send the frozen Upper Midwest into a virtual meltdown, coach Brad Childress tried to bench Favre in third quarter only to have the quarterback somehow overrule him.

SICK and jetssuck like this.
  2. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Love it............look forward to the total meltdown

3. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    The more things change the more they stay the same.

High Definition and dolphindebby like this.
  4. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Gods....when is he going to just dry up and blow away already?

5. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    As long as desperate teams keep summoning him from the crypt he'll be preening year after year after year until the end of time, unless the chosen linebacker can break the curse (See: Favre's back).

6. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I am loving this meltdown.
    They will still make the playoffs, but considering the incredible talent he has been surrounded with, when the dust settles, and Farvee is in the middle of the collapse, will he finally be held accountable?
    I used to respect the hell out of him.....but that was a handful of years and a couple of teams ago.....

7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    How could they possibly miss the playoffs at this point?

8. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    They won't, but at this point one and done is looking more likely.

9. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    i think your looking way to into it

10. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Care to hear my opinion? Thanks, I knew you would.:wink2:

I think farve is a jerk and a joke. It's all about him, not the team, but always him.
    And I'd like to know what kind of coach lets his players dictate who plays and who doesn't?
    IMO, favre & brady or prima donas who think the world revolves around them, not their teams. To me, their just football players like any of the other guys that get out there and play.
    If I was the coach, he'd sit out the rest of the year, no matter what. He would be named the "back up".
    No one player should be held above the entire team.

jetssuck and azfinfanmang like this.
  11. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Perhaps....

I also dont think its ever good for any player, especially one that came into a questionable situation to one-up his coach...ESPECIALLY during a game.

I also dont think its a good time of the season for any team to go 1-2..and both those losses were absolute anhilations.... Once to the Cards, and now the very very lowly Panthers?

That NFC race is gonna be a very tough one for them. They did already clinch the Division...but, I could very easily see them going one and dun...especially if they are pulled away from the friendly confines of home-field. :up:

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    There going to be fine. Everyone is frustrated because they're 1-2 in their last three games. As soon as AP goes back to being AP, the Vikings will start winning again and everyone will forget about this incident.

13. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    That's if AP goes back to being AP. We're only a few weeks ago from a one game season.

14. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    So they are basically back to last year then? :up:

Seriously though, this can drag the whole team down, and I hope it does.

15. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    AP is not being AP because Favre is being Favre.
    AP is not going to go back to being AP until Favre is gone.
    Favre wants to be the focal point of the offense. He's not going to let Peterson take the spotlight from him. He won't defer to his HC do you really think he will to a teammate?
    And I really do not think that Childress is going to forget about this incident. As HC he's supposed to be the guy calling the shots. I doubt he's going to just forget about being embarrassed in front of the team he's supposed to be in charge of, as well as the entire tv viewing audience.

16. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    The problem is coaching and their overrated oline.

Their oline is extremely overrated I'm not sure how Adrian ran with that group but can't now.

Defensively I hate watching them because Frazier is such a horrible defensive coordinator. That coaching staff is totally not using that talent to the fullest. If they got a coach worth a damn they might contend but after their lack luster performances I'm not to sure they get the number 2 seed.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    That's not true. Favre wants to win. AP wants to win. Childress wants to win. Peterson WILL get his carries, like he is now. He just needs to produce more, which he will because he's AP.