Breaking News Rich Rod is Michigan's new HC

30 replies

Frumundah FinnaticFrumundah FinnaticNew MemberOP
Dec 16, 2007, 03:06 PM

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Dec 16, 2007, 03:41 PM

Hooray Michigan!

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Dec 16, 2007, 04:18 PM

Great news for both Michigan and Miami.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

vt_dolfanvt_dolfanSupporter
Dec 16, 2007, 04:44 PM

Bad news for WVU fans.....I guess the chance for Rich Rod to go coach at Michigan.....cant blame him.

"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Dec 16, 2007, 06:49 PM

"vt_dolfan wrote:

Bad news for WVU fans.....I guess the chance for Rich Rod to go coach at Michigan.....cant blame him.

And now WVU's athletic director gets a chance to find a coach who actually likes him.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

vt_dolfanvt_dolfanSupporter
Dec 16, 2007, 06:57 PM

Im torn on this one man....as a WVU fan...and native...Im really bummed Rich would say how much he wanted to retire here. But....it IS Michigan. I cant blame him on the move.

Now...who steps in?

"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Dec 16, 2007, 07:03 PM

"vt_dolfan wrote:

Im torn on this one man....as a WVU fan...and native...

My condolences on your poor selection of college football team and state to be born in.

Both of my parents are from West Virginia. When WVU loses, my Saturdays get better.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

Big EBig ENew Member
Dec 16, 2007, 08:35 PM

"Desides wrote:

My condolences on your poor selection of college football team and state to be born in.

Both of my parents are from West Virginia. When WVU loses, my Saturdays get better.

Your hatred for WV is your own loss my friend. I too am from WV and by no means am ashamed of it. Its a beautiful place,granted I dont live there. But WVU is a great school, who for a couple of years now has been a great program. I dread it going back to mediocrity.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Dec 16, 2007, 08:39 PM

"enforcerfin33 wrote:

Your hatred for WV is your own loss my friend. I too am from WV and by no means am ashamed of it. Its a beautiful place,granted I dont live there. But WVU is a great school, who for a couple of years now has been a great program. I dread it going back to mediocrity.

Once, when I was a kid, there was a span of about two weeks where both of my half-brothers (then in their late 30s) were both visiting when the Hurricanes and Mountaineers were scheduled to play each other in Miami. We went to the game, and I was actively rooting for the Hurricanes even though I had no idea what football even was.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

Big EBig ENew Member
Dec 16, 2007, 08:41 PM

"Desides wrote:

Once, when I was a kid, there was a span of about two weeks where both of my half-brothers (then in their late 30s) were both visiting when the Hurricanes and Mountaineers were scheduled to play each other in Miami. We went to the game, and I was actively rooting for the Hurricanes even though I had no idea what football even was.

Well, with Rich out the door now, I would not be surprised if the programs switch places in dominance once again.

DJdjfresh47New Member
Dec 16, 2007, 09:36 PM

I still don't know how Les Miles didn't want the job. Though I think Michigan may have gotten a better hire in Rodriguez. I have no rooting interest in OSU/Michigan but the Sweater Vest owned Carr. Hopefully this will add something to the rivalry.

MotionMotionNew Member
Dec 16, 2007, 10:47 PM

Maybe Michigan will be able to defend against the spread now that they will be practicing against it everyday. :)

Should help their chances against OSU now too.

Wonder what White, Slaton, and Devine are thinking right now.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Dec 16, 2007, 10:58 PM

"djfresh47 wrote:

I still don't know how Les Miles didn't want the job.

My guess is money. Miles will make $2.8 million a year while Rodriguez will make $2.4 million a year (up from $2 million/year at WVU.) Meanwhile, Miles' contract has a salary escalator in it that guarantees his salary will be in the top three of all college coaches if he wins the national championship. That would mean Miles would earn $3.2 million a year.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

Big EBig ENew Member
Dec 17, 2007, 12:38 AM

Slaton has already been quoted as " he, understood, its a business, he had to do what was best for his family." But he has to feel slighted. Players like him and White go to colleges like WVU to play for coaches like him, not to be left behind when he bails. Rich Made the program without him....its a crappy situation for them.

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
Dec 17, 2007, 01:27 AM

Good for Michigan. Though I'd have wished they would take Cam so we can get a real coach with a real winning record but oh well.

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Dec 17, 2007, 08:14 AM

"Regan21286 wrote:

Good for Michigan. Though I'd have wished they would take Cam so we can get a real coach with a real winning record but oh well.

He is a real coach, and maybe he'll have a winning record by the time he is done here, give the guy a frickin' chance.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

BumpusBumpusForum Veteran
Dec 17, 2007, 10:57 AM

"Desides wrote:

My condolences on your poor selection of college football team and state to be born in.

Both of my parents are from West Virginia. When WVU loses, my Saturdays get better.

:censored:
Ignorance takes many forms my friend.

I just need to be frozen, and thawed out next season.

MotionMotionNew Member
Dec 17, 2007, 10:59 AM

Jimbo Fisher is rumored to be a front runner for WVU now.

BumpusBumpusForum Veteran
Dec 17, 2007, 11:07 AM

At first, I was really upset that Coach Rod was even talking to anyone else. After the crap he pulled last year ... leaving for 'Bama, then staying put because of a raise ... I actually believed him when he said that he was happy that he was going to be able to finish out his career at WVU.

However, as soon as this crap about his jumping ship to go to Michigan started up (the very next year no less) ... I wanted his arse gone!

How can you possibly trust someone who keeps doing this? How in the world would we be able to recruit? Apparantly it's time to move on.

Thanks Rich for what you did for us, but I honestly can't say I'm sad that you are gone.

Early word that I've been hearing is that we are looking at Terry Bowden.

I just need to be frozen, and thawed out next season.

finswin56finswin56New Member
Dec 17, 2007, 11:24 AM

"Bumpus wrote:

At first, I was really upset that Coach Rod was even talking to anyone else. After the crap he pulled last year ... leaving for 'Bama, then staying put because of a raise ... I actually believed him when he said that he was happy that he was going to be able to finish out his career at WVU.

However, as soon as this crap about his jumping ship to go to Michigan started up (the very next year no less) ... I wanted his arse gone!

How can you possibly trust someone who keeps doing this? How in the world would we be able to recruit? Apparantly it's time to move on.

Thanks Rich for what you did for us, but I honestly can't say I'm sad that you are gone.

Early word that I've been hearing is that we are looking at Terry Bowden.

I've heard that might have had something to do with WVU's promise to upgrade the facilities, but not showing any willingness to follow up on it.

Any truth to that?

Heritage of a Linebacker

Image by Like2God. Awesome job bro!


BumpusBumpusForum Veteran
Dec 17, 2007, 11:43 AM

"finswin56 wrote:

I've heard that might have had something to do with WVU's promise to upgrade the facilities, but not showing any willingness to follow up on it.

Any truth to that?

Not sure.

I recall that the University was talking about expanding the stadium just before the season started, but I haven't heard anything since.

I just need to be frozen, and thawed out next season.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Dec 17, 2007, 12:05 PM

"enforcerfin33 wrote:

Slaton has already been quoted as " he, understood, its a business, he had to do what was best for his family." But he has to feel slighted. Players like him and White go to colleges like WVU to play for coaches like him, not to be left behind when he bails. Rich Made the program without him....its a crappy situation for them.

Slaton was likely going to declare for the draft anyway.

It's players like Noel Devine who should feel slighted.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

Jimmy JamesJimmy JamesNew Member
Dec 17, 2007, 10:24 PM

I also have mixed feelings about Rodriguez. Part of me understands what he did. The big boy schools with budgets better than WVU will ever have due to boosters and better state economies were going to hound him until he made the move. In a way, it's kind of like a Roy Williams from Kansas to North Carolina deal minus the history Roy had with UNC. The other part of me really wishes he hadn't just pulled this crap a year ago only to pull it again. He showed great judgment in not dooming his career with a trip through the Alabama coaching carousel, but I think the better move would have been to stay at WVU a couple more years and take an even better job than the Michigan one.

Big EBig ENew Member
Dec 18, 2007, 07:38 AM

You never know..this could have been his "dream" job.

BumpusBumpusForum Veteran
Dec 18, 2007, 11:05 AM

"enforcerfin33 wrote:

You never know..this could have been his "dream" job.

Well ...

According to Rich last year, he was AT his "dream" job.

I just need to be frozen, and thawed out next season.