1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BREAKING: Broncos GM, Brian Xanders, Fired After Calling John Elway "Horseface"

Discussion in '2011 GM League Forum' started by GridIronKing34, Jan 26, 2011.

1. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Xanders Out, GridIronKing34 In As Broncos GM

After working with newly appointed Executive Vice President of Football Operations for less than a month, former Broncos general manager Brian Xanders let words get the best of him. Those words have stung celebrities such as Sarah Jessica Parker and they just took a swift kick in the face to Elway. Horseface. While many were surprised of the move, it really showed that Elway demanded respect in the huddle... and now in the office.

Xanders joined the Broncos in 2008 and soon worked his way up to general manager in 2009. Xanders left his mark in Denver leaving them with an aging defense and a questionable offense. Robert Ayers, 2009 first round draft pick, has not lived up to his status to top off Xanders' list of blunders. Xanders even traded away cornerback Alphonso Smith to the Lions for tight end Dan Grownkowski. Smith picked off 5 passes in 2010, Gronkowski caught 8 passes in 2010. The Peyton Hillis trade still haunts many Broncos fans as well. While the 2010 NFL Draft has shown a lot more promise than the 2009 NFL Draft for the Broncos, that is all it has shown thus far. Tim Tebow is what Xanders will be remembered for... and he won't get to see how it panned out for him in the end.

The Broncos have introduced the new general manager, GridIronKing34, who is known for stints in San Francisco, New England, and Tennessee. A small transcript has been released from the press conference when the media was allowed to ask questions.

GIK34: "Before I start, I'd like to thank Pat Bowlen, Joe Ellis, and John Elway for giving me the opportunity to work with this great franchise. The Denver Broncos are a team that is rich in history. Fans here in Denver deserve better than what they have been getting the past few years. I am going to make sure that we put the best possible team on the field and achieve our goal... the Super Bowl. Now... open to questions."

Reporter #1: "After hiring John Fox earlier in the year, are you happy with the hire?"

GIK34: "You know, I cannot answer that right now. All that I can tell you is that we are currently evaluating the situation and we'll go from there. Next question."

Reporter #2: "What about the quarterback situation? Are you going to go Orton or Tebow?"

GIK34: "Tim Tebow is the starting quarterback of the Denver Broncos."

Reporter #3: "Have you begun contract negotiations with Champ Bailey yet?"

GIK34: "No. We will cross that bridge when we get there. Right now though, Bailey is an unrestricted free agent who will be free to sign with whomever he wants in March. We are pursuing all possible options right now."

Reporter #4: "There has been reports that the Carolina Panthers are currently negotiating with AJ Green. With that out of the way, does this clear up who you'll take in the NFL Draft?"

GIK34: "Not at all. We continue to evaluate the players on top of our draft board. Nothing is final for the Panthers until the commissioner announces the first pick on draft day so we will treat it as if it never happened. We are, however, willing to discuss possible trade-down options. No more questions, there's a lot of work ahead of us and we are determined to get it done right. Thank you."

Fin-Omenal and alen1 like this.