Braylon Arrested

14 replies

Dolphins1BeatlesDolphins1BeatlesForum VeteranOP
Oct 26, 2009, 11:03 PM

1972 Miami Dolphins - The ONLY Perfect NFL Team

K I K O

ClipseClipseNew Member
Oct 26, 2009, 11:07 PM

"Dolphins1Beatles wrote:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/10/26/jets.edwards.ap/index.html

So...is he being suspended?

If he is, big loss for the Jets with Cotchery and Smith hurt.

Dolphins1BeatlesDolphins1BeatlesForum Veteran
Oct 26, 2009, 11:13 PM

He should be. Ricky got suspended for smoking some pot, but you don't get suspended for Punching someone? Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

1972 Miami Dolphins - The ONLY Perfect NFL Team

K I K O

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
Oct 26, 2009, 11:14 PM

theyll drag their feet on the suspension like they always do and he'll be suspended next year at the beginning of the season.

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

Dolphins1BeatlesDolphins1BeatlesForum Veteran
Oct 26, 2009, 11:20 PM

Yeah, his jail hearing isn't until November 17th either. That's okay, butterfingers won't do much.

1972 Miami Dolphins - The ONLY Perfect NFL Team

K I K O

ClipseClipseNew Member
Oct 26, 2009, 11:22 PM

On the plus side, if he isn't suspended, we all know who Snatchez is throwing the ball to :yes: Time for Smith to get his first pick!

MuckMuckRetired Admin
Oct 26, 2009, 11:34 PM

"Dolphins1Beatles wrote:

He should be. Ricky got suspended for smoking some pot, but you don't get suspended for Punching someone? Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

The league already established that when Matt Light walked away after repeatedly hitting Crowder last year.

Make the throwback uniforms permanent!

Dolphins1BeatlesDolphins1BeatlesForum Veteran
Oct 27, 2009, 12:04 AM

Haha very true. Except edwards faces jail. As soon as the Jets signed him I called him the new Plaxico. Except he doesnt have a super bowl. Looks like I was right!

1972 Miami Dolphins - The ONLY Perfect NFL Team

K I K O

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
Oct 27, 2009, 12:13 AM

"Dolphins1Beatles wrote:

Haha very true. Except edwards faces jail. As soon as the Jets signed him I called him the new Plaxico. Except he doesnt have a super bowl. Looks like I was right!

He did this before he was a Jet ...

But I would expect him to get a suspension. Maybe the last few games of the season after the Jets are pretty much out of things. If they somehow put together a run, I can see Goodell doing his offseason routine then slapping a few games for the start of the next season.

GreenMachineGreenMachineNew Member
Oct 27, 2009, 12:57 AM

"Dolphins1Beatles wrote:

Haha very true. Except edwards faces jail. As soon as the Jets signed him I called him the new Plaxico. Except he doesnt have a super bowl. Looks like I was right!

Jail for a misdemeanor? OK...

BTW, you called him the new Plax..He had the problem in Cleveland, not NY

Dolphins1BeatlesDolphins1BeatlesForum Veteran
Oct 27, 2009, 02:22 AM

"GreenMachine wrote:

Jail for a misdemeanor? OK...

BTW, you called him the new Plax..He had the problem in Cleveland, not NY

Yeah, it is possible, you can get up to a year for a misdemeanor. Not in a crazy jail, but a "lesser" jail yes. It's not completely likely, but possible. Depends if he'll get off the hook for being "famous" or if they'll continue to make an example of athletes which they've been doing a lot more recently.

He'll probably get suspended anyway next season, at the least for the first few games.

1972 Miami Dolphins - The ONLY Perfect NFL Team

K I K O

Oct 28, 2009, 11:42 PM

I wish ted ginn would punch someone

Im in miami bitch!

jdang307jdang307Supporter
Oct 29, 2009, 03:04 AM

"GreenMachine wrote:

Jail for a misdemeanor? OK...

BTW, you called him the new Plax..He had the problem in Cleveland, not NY

Misdemeanors carry up to 1 year in jail. So .... what's the issue? Not saying he will get it, but jail for a misdemeanor is not unheard of. Maybe the judge will be a pissed off Browns fan. :lol:

jdang307jdang307Supporter
Oct 29, 2009, 03:05 AM

"The Conch Shell Guy wrote:

I wish ted ginn would punch someone

Why would any dolphin fan wish a player on their team to get arrested/suspended etc? We don't have Ginn against the Jets and we probably lose that game.

Then again your avi has a coach waving some weed in front of Ricky so who knows.

GreenMachineGreenMachineNew Member
Oct 29, 2009, 05:06 PM

New York Jets wide receiver Braylon Edwards(notes) may have assaulted a friend of LeBron James outside a Cleveland nightclub, but it doesn't appear the league will give him any kind of suspension for it.

He was charged with the misdemeanor on Monday. The fact that he has no prior history is helping Edwards stay clear of any league suspension, a source told the New York Post. The Jets apparently knew about the allegations before the team traded for him with the Cleveland Browns. The Jets reportedly did a background check and talked to both law-enforcement folks and league security about Edwards before making the deal.

Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum told the paper that the "risk was manageable" when acquiring Edwards. You can imagine the "unmanageable risk" discussions in Jets boardrooms when folks like Terrell Owens(notes) and Plaxico Burress were on the market.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors;_ylt=At1..LD11gD5skhDrWPBiuIsWaB4