Brandon Marshall Training and running a sub 4.5 and 22.5pmh

134 replies

JAJacksonNew MemberOP
Jun 27, 2011, 10:16 PM

GMJohnsonGMJohnsonNew Member
Jun 27, 2011, 10:19 PM

Apparently 22.5 mph isn't fast enough to get away from Michi.

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Jun 27, 2011, 10:21 PM

"GMJohnson wrote:

Apparently 22.5 mph isn't fast enough to get away from Michi.

Thats what i was thinking. I wonder if it was fast enough to get himself to the hospital :confused:

JAJacksonNew Member
Jun 27, 2011, 10:24 PM

"GMJohnson wrote:

Apparently 22.5 mph isn't fast enough to get away from Michi.

We owe her a big thank you. Most guys aren't training hard during the lockout. If he wants to live he has to to get faster! Corners got nothing on Michi

OzzyOzzyLuxury Box
Jun 27, 2011, 10:31 PM

"GMJohnson wrote:

Apparently 22.5 mph isn't fast enough to get away from Michi.

He did not start this to be a better football player. He's doing it so she won't catch him next time... :)

http://images.thephins.com/signaturepics/sigpic83_3.gif

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Jun 27, 2011, 10:38 PM

How many highway miles? :shifty:

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

JAJacksonNew Member
Jun 27, 2011, 10:43 PM

In all seriousness, with more break away speed he is huge trouble for defenses. I can't wait for football to start!

Jun 27, 2011, 10:52 PM

I heart Marshall. Dude is a monster. We only got a taste last year...

GISHGISHForum Veteran
Jun 27, 2011, 11:14 PM

The best news is that his fantasy value has plummeted due to being stabbed and having a slightly sub-par season. Freakin steal this year.

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Jun 27, 2011, 11:15 PM

Didn't he have off season hip surgeries the last 2 yrs? That would cut into your training and effect your speed. This has been his most healthy off season in 3 yrs, even with the stabbing.

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Jun 27, 2011, 11:16 PM

"MrClean wrote:

Didn't he have off season hip surgeries the last 2 yrs? That would cut into your training and effect your speed. This has been his most healthy off season in 3 yrs, even with the stabbing.

Quoted b/c its a hilarious statement when read aloud. His most healthy offseason was the one when he got stabbed in the stomach... lol

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
Jun 27, 2011, 11:31 PM

This thread <--- full of fun.

On another note brandon marshall is the worst knife fighter in history.

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

GISHGISHForum Veteran
Jun 27, 2011, 11:35 PM

"unluckyluciano wrote:

This thread <--- full of fun.

On another note brandon marshall is the worst knife fighter in history.

Im pretty sure the worst knife fighter in history isn't living.

Colorado DolfanColorado DolfanNew Member
Jun 27, 2011, 11:37 PM

"unluckyluciano wrote:

This thread <--- full of fun.

On another note brandon marshall is the worst knife fighter in history.

Hell of a knife holder, though...

Get dirty, get bloody, get sweaty...

...get happy.

-Cam Wake

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
Jun 27, 2011, 11:38 PM

"GISH wrote:

Im pretty sure the worst knife fighter in history isn't living.

How would you know they were the worst if they only had one fight?

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

KillerphinsKillerphinsNew Member
Jun 27, 2011, 11:40 PM

Who cares about Marshall's speed. I care more about breaking tackles as advertised..... and that 2.8 YAC.

Jun 27, 2011, 11:44 PM

"Killerphins wrote:

Who cares about Marshall's speed. I care more about breaking tackles as advertised..... and that 2.8 YAC.

Speed to pull away helps considerably with YAC. YAC is far from just breaking tackles. Making defenders with quickness and speed, not letting them much of a piece of you, and then pulling away afterwards are all huge aspects of YAC...

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Jun 27, 2011, 11:48 PM

"FinNasty wrote:

Quoted b/c its a hilarious statement when read aloud. His most healthy offseason was the one when he got stabbed in the stomach... lol

He recovered from the knife wound a lot faster than he recovered from hip surgery I'd say.

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

GISHGISHForum Veteran
Jun 27, 2011, 11:50 PM

"unluckyluciano wrote:

How would you know they were the worst if they only had one fight?

You've gotta at least be dead to enter the conversation.

KillerphinsKillerphinsNew Member
Jun 27, 2011, 11:54 PM

"FinNasty wrote:

Speed to pull away helps considerably with YAC. YAC is far from just breaking tackles. Making defenders with quickness and speed, not letting them much of a piece of you, and then pulling away afterwards are all huge aspects of YAC...

I know right?
Marshall is a high profile possession WR. Means he should catch balls use his size and strength to make plays.
I'm sure he can get down the field but not on a constant basis. Speed is fairly irrelevant.

FrayserFrayserForum Veteran
Jun 28, 2011, 12:05 AM

"MrClean wrote:

Didn't he have off season hip surgeries the last 2 yrs? That would cut into your training and effect your speed. This has been his most healthy off season in 3 yrs, even with the stabbing.

He said this after the first week of the offseason. He was starting to workout and said it was the first season where he wasn't having to deal with a long, drawn-out recovery process due to surgery. And, by all accounts, he was working his ass off. Clearly, the stabbing was a setback. But I would like to think that it wasn't as bad as we all envision. I don't think we're talking Sharon Stone with an ice pick. Great to hear he is back and working hard. I've constantly said that he has impressed me since coming here. I think the end of the year was frustrating for everyone, and I wasn't shocked to hear about the sideline issues. But that's a far cry from being a "diva," in my mind. As the saying goes, winning cures everything.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Jun 28, 2011, 01:47 AM

"MrClean wrote:

Didn't he have off season hip surgeries the last 2 yrs? That would cut into your training and effect your speed. This has been his most healthy off season in 3 yrs, even with the stabbing.

somethin we have brought up before in the overall offense's lack of speed debates..Guess we'll find out this year who was right...He looked scary on the tread man...hehehehehehe, that makes me hyped Mr.C.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Jun 28, 2011, 02:09 AM

"Frayser wrote:

He said this after the first week of the offseason. He was starting to workout and said it was the first season where he wasn't having to deal with a long, drawn-out recovery process due to surgery. And, by all accounts, he was working his ass off. Clearly, the stabbing was a setback. But I would like to think that it wasn't as bad as we all envision. I don't think we're talking Sharon Stone with an ice pick. Great to hear he is back and working hard. I've constantly said that he has impressed me since coming here. I think the end of the year was frustrating for everyone, and I wasn't shocked to hear about the sideline issues. But that's a far cry from being a "diva," in my mind. As the saying goes, winning cures everything.

I agree Frayser up until a certain point, but he showed some bad flashes of immaturity that he needs to grow out of..He needs to play this season with his mouth shut after what kind of embarrassment he has brought to himself, his family, and our franchise..I want the guy to succeed bad, and I know he's got great talent, and I know how much he helps our team, especially if he's regained his explosion back, but if he can't act like a man, after what he's been thru, he's hopeless....1 shot Mr.Marshall..be a man and play ball.

xphinfanxxphinfanxForum Veteran
Jun 28, 2011, 07:02 AM

"MrClean wrote:

He recovered from the knife wound a lot faster than he recovered from hip surgery I'd say.


He's getting used to being cut on in the off season second nature now.

That's why they play the games!:yes:

Jun 28, 2011, 07:48 AM

"MrClean wrote:

He recovered from the knife wound a lot faster than he recovered from hip surgery I'd say.


Not too sure how you interpreted my post Clean, but I agree, it is his healthiest offseason in the last few years... which is hilarious considering he got stabbed.