Brandon Marshall Tender

48 replies

TNphinfanTNphinfanSupporterOP
Mar 3, 2010, 02:54 PM

Just seen on ESPN the Broncos put just a 1st round tender on Marshall. I think its something to think about. He is only 25 and 6'4". A number one receiver that we need! What do you guys think?

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Mar 3, 2010, 02:55 PM

It'd be a much better idea than Dez Bryant, IMO.

But, I wouldn't make this move unless we go lights out on D in FA, which I don't think will happen.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

TNphinfanTNphinfanSupporter
Mar 3, 2010, 02:58 PM

I agree. Dansby, and Rolle would be a dream come true. And then if we can get Marshall too, dang. Bryant hasn't made an impression on me just yet, but I get a feeling he can and will probably be a bust!

late againlate againNew Member
Mar 3, 2010, 03:02 PM

I kind of tend to think it's not even something you have to think about - you just do it.
I mean c'mon now. We need a big play WR. We're all in agreement here, right? In fact our big complaint has been our lack of this kind of threat.
Marshall is in his 4th year. His last 3 have been 1000+ yd seasons. He accounted for 10 TDs last year.
He's 6'4 230lbs.
So I ask you; can we really get BETTER value for that #12 pick through any other avenue?
We pick this guy up and our offense should be fixed, plain and simple.
We then look for all else via the draft. Maybe we bring in some lower budget players for depth. But signing Marshall would potentially solve our offensive woes.

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Mar 3, 2010, 03:04 PM

"TNphinfan wrote:

I agree. Dansby, and Rolle would be a dream come true. And then if we can get Marshall too, dang. Bryant hasn't made an impression on me just yet, but I get a feeling he can and will probably be a bust!

He certainly has an even bigger dumbass potential than Marshall, IMO.

"late again wrote:

I kind of tend to think it's not even something you have to think about - you just do it.
I mean c'mon now. We need a big play WR. We're all in agreement here, right?
Marshall is in his 4th year. His last 3 have been 1000+ yd seasons. He accounted for 10 TDs last year.
He's 6'4 230lbs.
So I ask you; can we really get BETTER value for that #12 pick through any other avenue?

Better value? Possibly. I was thinking McClain would be, but then he didn't perform at the combine so who knows. That also depends on what happens with Dansby.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Mar 3, 2010, 03:05 PM

If we could trade down first to perhaps the mid to low 20's (pick up an additional second rounder in the process).... mmmmmmmmmmmmmaybe

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

finyank13finyank13New Member
Mar 3, 2010, 03:05 PM

hahahah I spent too much time typing hahahaha sorry for the toes stepping....moderator kindly delete mine please....

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

SCSCPhinFanNew Member
Mar 3, 2010, 03:06 PM

NO! Not for the 12th pick. If we were picking late in the 1st like the Jests, I would do it in a heartbeat.

FAFaninPatsyLandNew Member
Mar 3, 2010, 03:07 PM

"late again wrote:

I kind of tend to think it's not even something you have to think about - you just do it.
I mean c'mon now. We need a big play WR. We're all in agreement here, right?
Marshall is in his 4th year. His last 3 have been 1000+ yd seasons. He accounted for 10 TDs last year.
He's 6'4 230lbs.
So I ask you; can we really get BETTER value for that #12 pick through any other avenue?

I'm firmly entrenched on the Dez Bryant bandwagon, but even I don't understand why this potential move doesn't seem to generate more buzz among this fanbase. I grant you that he's been a headcase, but I do wonder just how much he might benefit by getting away from Denver and the scene of the Williams shooting.

Of course, if he's signed by Miami, he'd be coming back home (to a certain extent) and I'm not so sure that would be a good thing, either.

Regardless, I think this deserves some serious thought on the part of our FO.

TNphinfanTNphinfanSupporter
Mar 3, 2010, 03:07 PM

"late again wrote:

I kind of tend to think it's not even something you have to think about - you just do it.
I mean c'mon now. We need a big play WR. We're all in agreement here, right?
Marshall is in his 4th year. His last 3 have been 1000+ yd seasons. He accounted for 10 TDs last year.
He's 6'4 230lbs.
So I ask you; can we really get BETTER value for that #12 pick through any other avenue?

McClain is the only value for the #12 Pick that I can Think of. Bryant is going to be a trouble maker, and No one else I would take here. Unless Berry falls to us haha :)

finyank13finyank13New Member
Mar 3, 2010, 03:09 PM

"FaninPatsyLand wrote:

I'm firmly entrenched on the Dez Bryant bandwagon, but even I don't understand why this potential move doesn't seem to generate more buzz among this fanbase. I grant you that he's been a headcase, but I do wonder just how much he might benefit by getting away from Denver and the scene of the Williams shooting.

Of course, if he's signed by Miami, he'd be coming back home (to a certain extent) and I'm not so sure that would be a good thing, either.

Regardless, I think this deserves some serious thought on the part of our FO.

if you are saying you would rather draft Dez Bryant at 12, instead of getting Marshall via the 12 trade pick, I'm sorry bro, that is the foolish thing I have heard lately from you, cuz I greatly respect everything you say...thats why I dont think it is truly you typing that...

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

FAFaninPatsyLandNew Member
Mar 3, 2010, 03:11 PM

"slickj101 wrote:

Better value? Possibly. I was thinking McClain would be, but then he didn't perform at the combine so who knows. That also depends on what happens with Dansby.

Off-the-field issues aside, McClain would have to be an all-world ILB to provide better value than an elite WR @ #12.

And based on everything I've read about McClain, he's not all-world.

FAFaninPatsyLandNew Member
Mar 3, 2010, 03:13 PM

"finyank13 wrote:

to say you would rather draft Dez Bryant at 12, instead of getting Marshall via the 12 trade pick, I'm sorry bro, that is the foolish thing I have heard lately from you, cuz I greatly respect everything you say...thats why I dont think it is truly you typing that...

I've never said I preferred Bryant over Marshall. I just want a WR.

I am, however, working off the assumption that this regime isn't going to trade a 1st rounder for a guy who has had off-field issues and is looking for a big contract.

If that is indeed the case, then yes, I want Bryant @ #12.

finyank13finyank13New Member
Mar 3, 2010, 03:15 PM

"FaninPatsyLand wrote:

I've never said I preferred Bryant over Marshall. I just want a WR.

I am, however, working off the assumption that this regime isn't going to trade a 1st rounder for a guy who has had off-field issues and is looking for a big contract.

If that is indeed the case, then yes, I want Bryant @ #12.

the same can be said for Bryant as well.....got suspended albeit for stupid BS, the recent comment about him showing up late for practice and games...

Why are WR's so ridiculously crazy......

Denver wants Dumerveil, they just wacked him with a 1&3 tender...

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

High DefinitionHigh DefinitionNew Member
Mar 3, 2010, 03:15 PM

I give up #12 overall and the outrageous contract that comes with it for Brandon Marshall in a heartbeat. But that's just me. Finding a more productive player than Marshall at that spot is a crapshoot.

Kanye West wrote:

I treat the cash like the government treats AIDS - I won't be satisfied till all my people get it.... GET IT?

PHphineas64New Member
Mar 3, 2010, 03:18 PM

Keep in mind the tender is only a starting point. Nothing stopping the trifecta from offering a lower pick or picks in trade. Right now, a 1 is the high end cost.

The greatest value of the past is how wisely we invest it in the future.
- Jim Rohn

FAFaninPatsyLandNew Member
Mar 3, 2010, 03:18 PM

"finyank13 wrote:

the same can be said for Bryant as well.....got suspended albeit for stupid BS, the recent comment about him showing up late for practice and games...

I'd take everything I hear concerning a prospect with a grain of salt, especially this time of year.

Someone brought it up in another thread, but we heard the same type of immaturity smear campaign directed at Percy Harvin last year. How'd that work out for the Vikings?

What's not debatable, however, is Marshall rep sheet since entering the league.

TNphinfanTNphinfanSupporter
Mar 3, 2010, 03:24 PM

"phineas64 wrote:

Keep in mind the tender is only a starting point. Nothing stopping the trifecta from offering a lower pick or picks in trade. Right now, a 1 is the high end cost.

Who knows maybe a third team can get in on the deal somehow?

late againlate againNew Member
Mar 3, 2010, 03:25 PM

"High Definition wrote:

I give up #12 overall and the outrageous contract that comes with it for Brandon Marshall in a heartbeat. But that's just me. Finding a more productive player than Marshall at that spot is a crapshoot.

No doubt. Furthermore, I can't believe that McClain is going to be more of a difference maker than Brandon Marshall would be.
I'm very much opposed to giving up multiple draft picks for one player. But one pick for a guy with that much proven talent? I don't see why it's not well worth the cost.

finyank13finyank13New Member
Mar 3, 2010, 03:26 PM

"Paul 13 wrote:

If we could trade down first to perhaps the mid to low 20's (pick up an additional second rounder in the process).... mmmmmmmmmmmmmaybe

thats what u call a dream come true...

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

finyank13finyank13New Member
Mar 3, 2010, 03:34 PM

All I'm saying is if we dont the Pats will......

okay I know I'm beating a dead horse, however it is obvious that Denver wants to trade this guy, with all they want is the 1st rounder....All of you know I'm on the "get BM bandwagon", however IF IF IF IF IF Miami is at all seriously considering Dez at 12, how DONT you trade for this guy?? Thats all I'm saying, character issues aside, and Dez has some as well...this guy ends it all, and you all know he ends ALL issues at wideout, as opposed to Dez, who you don't know......If the Lord is a Dolphins fan please Sir make this happen....

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

MAMaddMattNew Member
Mar 3, 2010, 03:39 PM

"Paul 13 wrote:

If we could trade down first to perhaps the mid to low 20's (pick up an additional second rounder in the process).... mmmmmmmmmmmmmaybe

Who are you looking at for trade bait to move down, and the teams who may be interested in getting this player at #12?

I'm looking at Haden, Spiller, and maybe Dez or Clauusen.

finyank13finyank13New Member
Mar 3, 2010, 03:52 PM

"MaddMatt wrote:

Who are you looking at for trade bait to move down, and the teams who may be interested in getting this player at #12?

I'm looking at Haden, Spiller, and maybe Dez or Clauusen.

With ya on Spiller, Haden, Clauusen....also Earl Thomas somebody might get antsy and move up for him...

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Mar 3, 2010, 04:09 PM

"MaddMatt wrote:

Who are you looking at for trade bait to move down, and the teams who may be interested in getting this player at #12?

I'm looking at Haden, Spiller, and maybe Dez or Clauusen.

well, a trade back is only going to happen on the day of the draft, with a player on the board to move up for at that 12th spot. As for who, I don't know, I haven't researched that enough yet. I know the positions teams covet in the first round and will trade up for generally are QB, LT, CB, DT, OLB.

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

PhinsRockPhinsRockLuxury Box
Mar 3, 2010, 07:24 PM

A #12 DP for Marshall, I would do it in a heartbeat. He is young, has three 100 catch seasons already in his first three years, 10 TD catches last year. How else can you possibly get that level of talent NFL ready for a #12 DP. Cost will be high, but a #12 DP wouldn't come cheap either.

Then get Dansby and Rolle in FA & we're ready to draft all Defense except a TE maybe.

2011 & 2006 World Champions, 2013 National League Champions; St. Louis Cardinals!