1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brandon Marshall Suspended by Broncos

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by GISH, Aug 28, 2009.

1. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Broncos Suspend Brandon Marshall

This guy is a walking disaster.

steveincolorado likes this.
  2. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    What is his problem? That is just WEIRD behavior from a player at a practice. I've known some head cases when I played but they all practiced with the team.

steveincolorado likes this.
  3. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I would be checking this guys blood ASAP if I was the league.

Not like its new news. This guy is another prima dona WR with no respect for anybody or anything but himself. Unfortunate for the Donko's.

4. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    The guy is just a idiot. People out here are quickly turning on the guy. At first, people where wanting the Broncos to extend his contract, but that is slowly fading as they just want him gone.

Cutler part 2

5. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Just trade him already.

The Broncos have already lost so much more value in being stubborn and holding him when they no he has no future in Denver.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

6. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    If he's going to act like that off the field....or rather on the practice field, I doubt he has a future with anyone.

7. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    How'd that workout with TO?

He'll have a future, and the Broncos are just pissing away any compensation for a guy that they know won't be on their team next year one way or the other.

cnc66 and High Definition like this.
  8. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    This guy aint TO, cept for the same s***** attitude that is.

He will catch on somewhere, and pull the same shinanagins.

9. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    TO isn't nearly as bad as that. He talks to the media and makes a fool of himself, but he generally isn't doing weird things like this on a practice field or being an overall bad teammate.

10. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Josh McDaniels is the obvious loser here... what a ****ing disaster he's made over night in Denver. I blame it all on him.

fins4o8, Tone_E and GISH like this.
  11. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Seriously? :lol:
    Turdel has done nothing but throw team-mates under the bus everywhere he has been

12. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Agreed. It's not that Cutler or Marshall are particularly classy, professional guys, but it's the coaches job to control these personalities or at least give the impression he's running the ship. The impression I'm getting out of Denver is that he's not in control of this team or at a minimum that he hasn't been the answer.

I get the feeling that Marshall isn't the last problem child and that there will be another one after this is resolved.

High Definition likes this.
  13. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I can remember two incidents. Regardless that isnt as bad as what Marshall did IMO. TO does what he does usually out of frustration in my opinion. Marshall is just being completely out of line.

The only terribley bad thing TO has done, was calling Jeff Garcia gay IMO. Sure he can be a distraction but he's never completely undermined a team or said "I'm too good to practice"

14. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I think TO has a tendency to split the locker room. He tends to be selfish or self centered so he only sees things from his point of view rather than having a team view. He's also a natural leader so some gravitate to him. Then when he gets frustrated, he complains that he's not getting the ball enough (even when he gets more passes than just about any WR in the league). This puts him at odds with the natural leadership position of QB. The result is that he ends up turning half the team against the QB. That's why he's had issues with every QB he's played with.

I don't know if that makes him better or worse than Marshall. Marshall's acts are worse but nobody will follow him so the team is less likely to be divided.

15. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida

That's a good point, and a fair one.

I think TO just wants to win games. Marshall on the other hand is showing he doesn't care.

rafael likes this.
  16. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007

:yes:

Very well put.

The guy is absolute Cancer. The minute it isn't all about Turdell, he does or says something to change that.

He and D McNabb got into it repeatedly, and Turdell blamed their playoff loss directly on Donavon.

In Dallas he repeatedly cried and whined that he wasn't getting enough plays called his way. He even told a reporter that Romo and Witten did a secret gameplan on paper napkins the night before a game just to exclude Turdell

I think Turdell, Marshall and OchoStinko are exactly the same in that they are very egotitical and feel they are all bigger than the game itself.

rafael likes this.
  17. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I don't think Owens hurts his teams chances to win though. He can say whatever he wants, but he gives it everything when he steps onto the field whether it's practice or during a game.

I've never seen Owens implode in a game like Marshall did last season against us.

18. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    I agree not to the extent Marshall did against us, but I have seen Turdell rally "His" guys on the sidelines during games, and not in a positive way either.

19. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    I don't recall McNabb being hurt while Owens was in Philly.

EDIT: youre right. McNabb played in 9 games, and Owens in 7 during the 05 season.

20. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    hahah I remember saying Marsh is baby TO in the making in catching flack on the other site and this site.

Guy might be worst than TO.

21. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    It would be an absolutely dumb move to trade him. Dumb in every sense of it, in my opinion.

GISH likes this.
  22. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    trading him sends the wrong message. they need to pull a keyshawn and just make him inactive the entire season and then trade him. its bad to give players the idea that they can simply complain and throw hissy fits to get their way. Don't you think Marshall took notes from Cutler?

23. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I agree, for the most part. Don't trade him at the end of the season. Simply don't do it unless he decides to act like a professional. When making a personnel move, I've always believed that you must look to see how the move affects you in the present and the future.

In the present, how does this move help you? It gives you the freedom of having a headache off the team and it lets you focus on what goals need to be accomplished for the upcoming season. It allows your players to have a positive outlook (somewhat) on this coaching staff, in the sense of them basically showing the players that no one player is better than the other one. No one will get special treatment and all will basically get treated equally. It also shows that this team won't take horsing around from their players lightly.

Looking to the future, how does this move of Brandon Marshall help you? It doesn't. Yes, you did get rid of some cap and you did get rid of a headache (at that time) but the latter can backfire on you pretty damn bad. If one man wishes to go in a different direction and you give it to him, then will you grant the next players wish? If you look at your philosophy that you made when you first came to the team, the answer would be yes to the question because you said you would treat everyone equally. And that will become a pattern.

However, if you don't grant Marshall's wish, take on his horsing around and follow the league's guidelines on how to deal with players like Marshall himself, then you're putting your foot down. The philosophy of treating everyone equal that you established when you first came to the team stands and looks good because you're following it. You're also not giving Marshall's teammates the nod to demand a trade or a new contract.

Looking at this from Brandon Marshall's view, I think he realizes he's made a mistake and now he's trying to dig himself out of it. He saw that a new, young - remember that - coach came in and immediately granted the wish of the franchise quarterback. When Marshall saw that, he thought to himself "I could get away with my demands and cash in", but not so fast. McDaniel learned from his first experience and won't be falling into that trap once again. Marshall now realizes that and he's thinking that he has a new, young coach and can bully him around because he's the new guy in charge, so he finally decides to show up and then proceeds to act like a douche to see if McDaniel will give in and trade him. What McDaniel has done now is suspended him on top off the fines that Marshall received earlier this off-season I believe. Marshall will soon realize that he has to obey the rules set forth by McDaniel to get his wish granted and will realize that all of this was pointless. To make it worse, he's behind on the playbook.

24. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    How is getting draft picks or players for a guy you won't have on your team in another year a bad move?

As opposed to going nowhere this year and getting nothing in return?

25. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Read my post above.

To add, what kind of picks are we talking here? If I'm getting a first rounder, then absolutely I deal him. But do you honestly see someone dealing a first round pick for a malcontent? I don't, unless its Jerry Jones.

How do you know you won't have him for another year? I'm not aware of his contract status but if he doesn't want to come back after this year, what you do is slap the franchise tag on him. That will piss him off and he'll realize that he has to play because after that franchise year, he's a free agent and he's going to want to cash in. Not to mention, you could agree to a sign and trade prior to the trade deadline and get high draft picks for a guy who's performing at a high level.

26. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I could absolutely see NY throwing something at him.

His contract is up after this year and obviously the two sides won't meet. We also know Denver is going nowhere this year so it's not like they need him to contend for a playoff spot.

If you know he's gone anyways, than anything is better than nothing. In the meantime, he's just ****ing up your lockerroom and making your coach look like more of an idiot than he already is.

27. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Possibly. Still difficult to invest 40-50M in a guy who has had multiple legal troubles and was a headache for his recent team. Not to mention they already have one headcase on the team with Thomas Jones, a rookie quarterback and a new head coach.

That's not set in stone. They could, as soon as he decides to show up and act like a professional.

That's not set in stone either. They've got one team in their division to compete against. The Chargers could fall apart this year if injuries strike.

He might not be gone.

In my opinion, he's not. He was absent from mini camp and showed up two days for training camp, one in which he acted like an ***. I don't see how he's messing up your locker room when he's rarely been present. He's actually not doing anything to their locker room in my opinion because this is strictly a war of words with his new head coach via the media.

I don't understand how he's making his new coach look like an idiot. The only person Marshall is making an idiot out of is himself.

28. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
  29. steveincolorado

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Plus I don't remember TO ever getting in trouble with the law.

30. steveincolorado

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    I don't agree with that. Cutler was just a cry baby, he blew off the owner. Marshall has been a idiot for the past several years, not just when McDaniels took over.

31. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    damn, i love this guys talent. i wanted us to trade for him but i cant look past this...its really too bad