1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brandon Jacobs

Discussion in 'Trades' started by UCFinfan86, Feb 29, 2012.

1. UCFinfan86

UCFinfan86 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Will likely be cut. Seeing the way FA is going your better off trading a late round pick for him.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  2. Sean

Sean FIST PUMP ON!

Dec 2, 2007
    Sal?

3. Yellow Snowman

Yellow Snowman New Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Why? He isn't good and is a cancer in the lockeroom.

You get great value for RBs in middle to late rounds in the draft, not in FA.

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Uhm...

ToddsPhins and BuckeyeKing like this.
  5. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Since your new...its GM's running the teams not real life in this forum. The cancer in the locker room label is BS. He's never been that so whereever you're reading it is incorrect. Speaking frankly, it couldnt be more wrong, his teammates love him. He plays hurt, hes an emotional leader and he is tough as nails. Is he worth a 4M cap hit? Probably not but at half that hes probably fine. It doesnt hurt that Snee, Beatty and Baas (who were both hurt the whole second half) were the only linemen who didnt suck.

6. Yellow Snowman

Feb 27, 2012
    Sorry for the post then. I didn't realize this was a game.

As far as the statement yes he is a cancer. Always complaining, always in the doghouse, high maintenance, waste of talent, etc.

7. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Please provide proof of your statements. Because having watched just about every NYG game since the time I was 10, I have heard and witnessed otherwise so i would be quite astonished.

He does state he wants the ball, but what running back doesnt? Only losers dont want the ball.
    Hes not high maintenance or a waste of talent. And he has certainly NEVER once been in Coughlin's doghouse except when he doesnt run north south and instead tries to run east west. I guess at times he flashes back to his one year at Auburn sharing time with caddy and Ronnie.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  8. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009

[​IMG]

This is a special club. Members only.

[​IMG]

:shifty:

SICK and Boik14 like this.
  9. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Bonus points for the al bundy GIF. Married with Children was unquestionably Ed O'Neill's best role.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  10. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Damn those Giants for winning 2 SBs with Jacobs. He was a real anchor dragging that team down I tell ya. It sucks having passionate, fiery, highly competitive guys on your roster. :shifty:

11. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    :lol:

It's not showing up as a gif on my side (only shows up as a still picture). Is it an actual vid for you?

I liked Dutch, too. Thought that was a good role for him. Wasn't Al Bundy though.

Boik14 likes this.
  12. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    I knew this was all a rouse to drive up Brandon Jacobs asking price!

13. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Yeah its a 10 second (if that) gif. Dutch was alright but nothing beat the al bundy role.

LOL, Im not trading for a 4M per Jacobs. Hes not worth that imo though I wouldnt kill someone else for wanting him even at that price.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  14. Yellow Snowman

Feb 27, 2012
    I didn't want to post this post so apologies to the OP. I just had to after reading the laughable toddsphins post. Again sorry to the OP, this will be me last post in this thread. Enjoy your game.

So they won 2 SBs because Jacobs? lol

Fiery and competitive is Ray Lewis. Overly emotional role player who is only on the team because his large salary is Jacobs. Its a testament to the coach and the leaders on the team able to maintain focus while they have a backup RB talking trash, pouting, and crying on the sideline.

The guy has been in the doghouse countless times, but Coughlin has done an excellent job managing the situation.

15. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    If I didn't have Spiller & LeShoure I'd think about a late pick for him.

16. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    He obviously didn't COST them 2 SB rings.
    Bro, there's a separate forum for NFL talk if you'd like to start a thread debating Jacobs' worth as player and Giants contributor.

[​IMG]

17. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Once again, please back up your posts with facts. He has never been in Coughlin's doghouse. Ever.

The first one they won in part because of Jacobs as it was Jacobs who scored the winning touchdown against the Dallas Cowboys in the NFC Divisional Playoffs when the NYG won 3 consecutive road playoff games. Additionally in 2007 he and Derrick Ward became just the 5th pair of teammates to both get to 1000 yards rushing in the same season when the NYG were sporting the "Earth, Wind and Fire backfield" with Jacobs, Ward and Bradshaw. Jacobs has averaged at least 5 YPC 3 of the 5 years hes played a significant role in the NYG running game and 2 of the 3 years where he was a majority starter. So no, hes not overrated...thats just an uneducated opinion from someone who obviously does not follow the NYG.

Hes not Ray Lewis, there is only 1 of those. If every team had one Ray Ray wouldnt be special. But Tuck and Jacobs (along with Antonio Pierce and Michael Strahan when they were there) are and have been the emotional leaders of that NYG team. They won 2 SB's with Jacobs where Jacobs played an important role. He does talk trash but no he doesnt pout or cry. He knows he shares the ball with Bradshaw. Every back worth a poop wants the ball 20x a game but factually speaking the NYG dont run block well enough to be giving their backs 15-20 carries each every game. In 2007 and 08 they did...they racked up 300 yards on the ravens in a game in 08 which still hasnt been forgotten by the ravens.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  18. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Wasn't Jacobs one of the guys pining for NY to re-sign Bradshaw. Yeah, that's the signs of a real cryer. lol.

NFL trash talkers are a bunch of bums! Deion Sanders, Lawrence Taylor, Dick Butkus, John Randle, Suggs, Jared Allen, Steve Smith, Courtland Finnegan......
    Oh, and that Ray Lewis you mention, Yellow, he's a big time trash talker too. :lol:

19. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    As a matter of fact he was: http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/08/ahmad_bradshaw_thankful_for_br.html
    So unless Im misreading something there Jacobs restructured his own deal so that the NYG could resign Bradshaw, a guy he supposedly didnt want around because hes selfish and wanted all the carries to himself? Ummmm, no beuno. :lol:

ToddsPhins likes this.