1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brady Quinn Named Starter for Thursday

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by rdhstlr23, Nov 3, 2008.

1. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Reported by Trent Dilfer per ESPN NFL Live.

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Cool he gets a shot.

3. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Its a move that needed to be made imo. Granted, there are deeper problems than Anderson, but to be honest, he just hasnt looked good.
    They needed at some point to see if Quinn could give this team a bit of a spark, and mostly to see what this kid might be able to accomplish.

I thought they would be best served trading Anderson off and giving the job to Quinn in the offseason, but that didnt happen. Now they are in some dire straights and have some deep issues.

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I'm interested to see how this goes. Derek Anderson has been terrible this year and outside of last year, he was never good. His career completion percentage is around 55% I think. I'm also interested to hear who made the decision to start Quinn. Was it Savage or Crennel? I ask because I know the coaching staff was worried about Quinn's ability to throw deep. He threw several wounded ducks in training camp and couldn't throw accurately downfield. He threw several interceptions in practice and a lot of his throws "pointed down." It'll be something to watch, especially when he throws downfield to Edwards, who can't catch anything.

5. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    The anti-John Beck?

6. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    From what I hear, it was the fans that made the call lol.

No link, was hearing it on the pregame. The guys were riding the cleveland brain trust for letting the public make the call essentially, and for admitting it. Something about not wanting the public to boo the team when Anderson came on the field.
    I think it was Trent Dilfer (an ex-brown) who made the comment hes never seen a team base so many of its decisions around public opinion, saying the owners and GM listen to the talk radio shows and such to help plan moves. Was really kind of a surreal segment to be honest.

7. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Yeah, I know that but somebody in the organization had to make the call.

8. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I don't think Anderson is the issue. Quinn might prove me wrong.

9. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    He wasnt the only problem by any means, but he wasnt doing much to help them win either.

If anything, they just need to see what kind of player Quinn is for the rest of the season and set themselves up on the right patch for next year.