1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Both sides are to blame in Taylor drama

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, May 23, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/543951.html

alen1 and brandon27 like this.
  2. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    I would almost say, neither is right, and neither is wrong. There were/are mistakes on both sides, but either side is really doing what they have to do, and both sides are self-interested.

3. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Difference IMO is that the Dolphins had their hand forced in this.
    JT was the instigator bottom line.

Of course the Phins are "self interested", they have to be. It's about the team and not making exceptions for one prima donna who clearly does not want to be part of the team even though his lil million dollar but is still being paid quite highly to be doing so.

4. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Dolphins didn't have to go public. JT never did. They didn't have their hand forced, they tried to force their own. Nothing wrong with that, of course. Just saying.

5. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    And from all accounts he has asked to be traded, in fact quite early, there were reports that both sides were mutually splitting. Don't really see how thats JT instigating anything unless you are saying because of all the media reports it forced the fo's hand, or pissed them off or whatever. In which case how much faith can you have in an fo that gets that upset about media reports?

6. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    I just see it a little differently.

JT didn't have the balls to say anything himself.
    He had "contacts" of his report tidbits to the media full well knowing he'd be pressing the envelope. Then he informs the Phins he is officially refusing to participate in any activities and demands a trade. IMO that is clearly forcing the Phins hand. The Phins wanted to nip this in the bud officially before he was allowed to release any more BS to the media.

I support everything they've done in this scenario.
    The only doubts I have in the F.O. is on whether they realized how serious this was going to get and if not whether they really tried hard enough to get a deal done before the draft.

7. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    Heres my problem with that. Everyone keeps saying this like jt was secretly trying to overthrow the fo. But in fact would people have whether he came out like cj and begged people to trade him? If in fact he does come out and say I am not happy here and want to be traded, it hurts the chances for a trade and basically bends the fo over the barrel in negotiations. It takes away the power the fo has to say look we don't have to trade him, if that makes sense.
    And lets not forget the majority of the leaks came from the FO. You really can't get that upset at jt without getting that upset at the FO for allowing the leaks as well.

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  8. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Would you mind please sharing with us where you saw this, I have been really searching, and cannot find a thing where JT has done this. I think everyone is assuming he did, and if he did then fine, I'll crucify him along with everyone else. But frankly I have not see one thing confirming that JT has said he won't come to TC, not one thing saying JT forced this, other than speculation on the part of a lot of reporters. If you've seen proof of this, please share it, i would really like to know for sure, but until then, I will choose not to take sides without documentation of guilt.

dolphindebby likes this.