Both Panthers RB better than either Dolphins RB per ESPN

30 replies

SHShamboubouNew MemberOP
Sep 9, 2010, 10:00 AM

Hey guys, just signed up for a new fantacy league and they had 32 questions: Dolphins. So I open it up and they are talking about how both Panthers RB's are better than either of the Dolphins.

Very long article but it talks about both of our RB's in depth if anybody wants to give it a read.

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?page=nfldk2k10dolphins32q

I'm not looking for the best players, I'm looking for the right ones.

-Herb Brooks-

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Sep 9, 2010, 10:05 AM

The Worldwide Leader in Sports is never wrong. I won't even question this judgement.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

Tone_ETone_ESupporter
Sep 9, 2010, 10:08 AM

With all do respect, without reading the article, there can be a case made. I don't agree with it, but it is a solid debate.

the 23rdthe 23rdNew Member
Sep 9, 2010, 10:08 AM

could make a legitimate argument that offensive lines make the running back. certainly, you would have to figure that into the equation. would not overlook/underestimate the Ricky/Ronnie Tandem too quickly. I believe running in tandem behind a solid offensive line they are second to none in the run game. we also have Cobbs, Polite & the WildCat to throw into the mix

- Competition is the Elixir of Success -

HardKoreXXXHardKoreXXXNew Member
Sep 9, 2010, 10:09 AM

Kinda ironic, given Ricky demolished the Panthers in their matchup last year.

@BaseyCrock

"Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Sep 9, 2010, 10:10 AM

They aren't exactly saying the Panthers RBs are better, just better fantasy options. In fact, the panthers' RBs are only mentioned in like 2 lines.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

JimTossJimTossForum Veteran
Sep 9, 2010, 10:12 AM

I would trade either of our RB's for either of Carolina's RBs.

Ronnie is elite but injury plagued, and Ricky has one or two years left.

The Panthers RB's are bordering on elite and younger.

If our FO was offered they wouldn't hesitate to jump on the trade.

HardKoreXXXHardKoreXXXNew Member
Sep 9, 2010, 10:14 AM

"Stitches wrote:

They aren't exactly saying the Panthers RBs are better, just better fantasy options. In fact, the panthers' RBs are only mentioned in like 2 lines.

Without reading the article, that's what I assumed they were talking about. And I'd have to agree with them.

@BaseyCrock

"Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"

the 23rdthe 23rdNew Member
Sep 9, 2010, 10:15 AM

if the offensive line can't consistently dominate the trench it will be a long day for any Running Stable. they go hand & hand over the course of a season. close down the line & there is usually nowhere to run, simple as that...

- Competition is the Elixir of Success -

Tone_ETone_ESupporter
Sep 9, 2010, 10:20 AM

"the 23rd wrote:

could make a legitimate argument that offensive lines make the running back. certainly, you would have to figure that into the equation. would not overlook/underestimate the Ricky/Ronnie Tandem too quickly. running in tandem behind a solid offensive line they are second to none.

Now we just need that solid offensive line.

If anything, that is what I am questioning the most. They didn't exactly run block too well during the preseason. Ronnie averaged what, 1.8 YPA in the preseason?

JMORGAN6977JMORGAN6977New Member
Sep 9, 2010, 10:42 AM

Come on now we need to compare apples to apples. Lets put Ronnie Brown over there backing up Deangelo and see how good he is in comparison. There are holes in that statement. I think either Ronnie or Ricky can be just as good if not better in that situation. But that was in the past. Lets see how good the panthers RB do this year......

ALalen1New Member
Sep 9, 2010, 10:47 AM

I'd take their backfield over ours.

Two TacosTwo TacosSupporter
Sep 9, 2010, 10:51 AM

With out reading this thread (or did I?) I can say that I thought the thread meant that Jets suck.

Also, unless the RB is Barry Sanders, I think a RB should always be judged in tandem with his or hers offensive line.

________________________________________

"It's a bunch of drunk, mid-30s type of crowd who are very well-educated," Evans said. "Much more vocal. A little bit more crazy. It's a little nastier playing down there, to be honest."

--Sounders Midfielder Brad Evans on Portland vs Seattle Fans--

gilv13gilv13Forum Veteran
Sep 9, 2010, 10:54 AM

A healthy Jon Stewart is a good back, however it's just staying healthy that is the issue.

PHPHINANALYSTForum Veteran
Sep 9, 2010, 10:56 AM

while i won't complain about our RBs ... as we have a good situation -- not great

Ronnie is always what could be .... if he wasn't injured

Ricky is always what could have been ... if he wasn't run into the ground and could handle the spotlight ...

Mcduffie81Mcduffie81Supporter
Sep 9, 2010, 11:09 AM

"alen1 wrote:

I'd take their backfield over ours.

If they were all the same age i'd take Ricky over DeAngelo, and R Brown over J Stewart anyday.

"There is nothing to fear, except everyone trying to tackle me." - Ted Ginn Jr.

Sep 9, 2010, 11:12 AM

It's not a big deal. Both of their guys are extremely talented and I'd take either one of them onto my team. When it gets right down to it, yeah I think I'd take either one of them over either of our backs. Younger, healthier (generally), both have enormous talent, they're both first round picks so it's not like we're talking about taking Ahmad Bradshaw or Derrick Ward over one of ours.

Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com

CPCP1708New Member
Sep 9, 2010, 12:23 PM

I would think it would go DeAngelo, Ricky, Ronnie, Stewart in terms of who's best, so Carolina has the best back of the 4, but we would have 2 and 3, thereby making a case that our duo is better. Maybe not by much, but still better.


Ronnie needs a big damn year though, contract and all that, he really hasn't given us #2 pick overall type production the last 5 years, I want to see him get 1,200 with 14 TD's or close too this season.

Miami Dolphins

LA Lakers

Chicago Cubs

Miami Hurricanes

vt_dolfanvt_dolfanSupporter
Sep 9, 2010, 12:29 PM

I love me some Ronnie Brown, no doubt.....and Ricky has made his way back onto my all time favorite Dolphin list....

But, right now currently....

Id take Deangleo Williams and Stewart over Ronnie and Ricky everyday and twice on Sunday. One reason is obviously because of the age factor, and because Ronnie hasnt really played to many full seasons because of injury.....

The other is Williams offers something different than Stewart. He has the ability to house it...where Stewart is more of a power back...so they complement each other. Neither Ronnie or the current version of the once dread locked demon is really a big threat to house it.

All in all....both sets of backs are great to have.

"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele

vt_dolfanvt_dolfanSupporter
Sep 9, 2010, 12:31 PM

"Mcduffie81 wrote:

If they were all the same age i'd take Ricky over DeAngelo, and R Brown over J Stewart anyday.

Yeh...in fact....

If we had both Ronnie and Ricky when both were young.....Ricky would be our feature back, no doubt about it. Ricky in his prime was an absolute HORSE.

"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele

PhinsRockPhinsRockLuxury Box
Sep 9, 2010, 12:40 PM

I have to agree I would take their RB tandem over ours, but the more important question in my mind, is who has the better OL? Ours hasn't looked so good in the PS.

2011 & 2006 World Champions, 2013 National League Champions; St. Louis Cardinals!

NolePhinNolePhinNew Member
Sep 9, 2010, 12:56 PM

Ya, I am pretty sure both backs got over 1100yds last season. And although Ronnie was on pace for 1000+ yds doesn't mean they were both going to end up getting it.

Thanks for the sig, Gish!

ARarsenalNew Member
Sep 9, 2010, 01:48 PM

personally if Ricky is gone next year, regardless of what we do with ronnie, id love to end up with Deangelo Williams... he still has minimum 3 good years left in him and hes incredibly talented...

Miamifins854Miamifins854New Member
Sep 9, 2010, 03:39 PM

Honestly, give me Williams and Stewart over Ronnie and Ricky any day of the week.

PhinperorPhinperorLuxury Box
Sep 9, 2010, 05:43 PM

DeAngelo and JStew are better than our guys, no doubt. Best RB tandem in the game IMO.