1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boise St. / Va Tech game

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by Dolphin1184, Sep 6, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Jaydog57

Jaydog57 Canes/Fins/Magic fan

Jun 25, 2008
    Daytona Beach, FL
    That was an awesome game, I hope there are some more like that this weekend.

2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I just got home from a buddies house watching this game. I thought Virginia Tech shot themselves in the foot a few times and I think the inexperience factor played a role. I think it said they only had four experienced starters on defense and I believe they were all in the secondary. I felt that Carmichael played a solid game. I liked Whitley in the run game, stuck his head in there. Both of them got off of blocks and got involved. I love when DB's learn from the block destruction drills they are made to do in practices. I think Bud Foster could have called a better game but I also do think that the he was a bit handicapped.

On offense, the offensive line struggled IMO. They got better in the second and third quarters but had some trouble in the first and fourth. Tyrod Taylor played a very solid game IMO. He made plays with his feet and his arm. However, sometimes he doesn't keep his head up when he runs. He drops his head and takes off. That can be frustrating. When he passes the ball, man do his passes sail at times. He's got to stop putting so much air under it. He throws lasers across the middle but outside the numbers, they are high. Ryan Williams did have a good game IMO. He did not have any running room tonight but he had three total touchdowns. He did some check-release, he did some chipping, he caught the ball. He helped out. They've got to figure out how to teach Darren Evans to cover that ball up. I was just waiting for a fumble.

On Boise's side, Kellen Moore is a great college quarterback for that system IMO. He runs it very well and he's calm. He takes what is given. When he tries to make a play down the field, he struggles IMO. He had some struggles outside the numbers today. Austin Pettis is intriguing. He's not very fast, doesn't always get great separation but he uses his body well at times. The Boise State secondary was not very good IMO.

3. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    IMO, too many IMO's. :tongue2:

alen1 likes this.
  4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    :lol:

Just didn't want any of my statements to come off as absolute and making me look arrogant.

Dolphin1184 likes this.
  5. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Great game and I'm glad BSU won. I hate the current system and I'll root all year for them as it will be another step towards a playoff. It will still take about 10 years, but a step is a step.

Kellen Moore reminds me of a left handed Pennington. Something about the way he directs everything.

6. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

http://www.comcast.net/articles/sports-general/20100908/Whitlock-Boise-Fans/

I, for one am glad we have the BCS, just think if we didn't have this to argue about and the weekly games meant less college football would just be the NFL minor league. Something I hope it NEVER becomes!

As the man said, enjoy the journey, guys! As for the rest of his comments imvho he is dead on!