1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blackout lifted

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jw3102, Jan 3, 2014.

1. ASOT

ASOT New Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Coral Gables, FL
    Really ?!? My goodness, empty seats at a game other than a Dolphins game ? I wonder why they had empty seats ? Oh maybe it was a fanbase (which we know they have) that was disgusted and apathetic because of too many non-winning seasons in a row ? Maybe because the GM they had was a complete moron ?

Sounds so familiar.......

Ozzy likes this.
  2. ASOT

ASOT New Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Coral Gables, FL
    That sealed his fate in ever getting tax dollars in South Florida. Anyone opposed to his lobbying for this, just has to bring this up and any politician advocating his position will have a lot of explaining to the tax paying public.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  3. ScottishFin

ScottishFin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Glasgow, Scotland
    All sport is too expensive unless you devote a large % of your income to it. The Dolphins Raiders game at Wembley will probably cost me around £100 for a decent seat, prob looking at £500 for the whole weekend minimum, as a one off thats fine but regularly not a chance. My football team here charges £20 to get in and given the standard of play sometimes that is too much, I paid £29 for a restricted view seat last weekend behind a ****ing pillar. Could hardly see anything :(

If you look especially at soccer you are IMO at or near saturation point, if I wanted I could watch games from lunchtime to 11pm every day of the weekend and games every night. Thats not including MLS , Mexican , Brazilian and Argentinian we get overnight as well.

Average players earning sums of money 99% of us will never see. The average wage in the English PL is over £100k per week, £5m a year. How much longer will fans take being fleeced to pay for some overpriced primadona ? Same goes for the NFL , my m8 is nearly $1500 for his Seahawks tickets, thats up nearly $300 in the few years he has been there. Teams and players need to realise that fans are not bottomless pits of cash and at some stage people will stop attending games and only watch on TV. I really dont want to be a fan of any sport when it gets to that stage :(

MikeHoncho and ASOT like this.
  4. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii

I agree that the price of sporting events have priced out the average earning sports fan. So I certainly can't argue with you on that issue.

As far as watching soccer games is concerned. I have found watching a soccer game to be a great cure for insomnia, any time I have trouble sleeping. I realize it is the biggest sport in the world, outside the United States, but honestly I just don't get it. In fact you would have to pay me a couple of thousand dollars just to sit and watch an entire game in my home, much less actually attending a game. LOL

5. ASOT

ASOT New Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Coral Gables, FL
    I agree I'd rather watch grass grow, than watch a soccer match

6. ScottishFin

ScottishFin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Each to their own but if you mention the NFL to the vast majority of people outside the USA you get the same reaction :)

I work with 2 weirdos who follow ice hockey , that to me is just insanity as I can never see the puck :)

7. PlanB

PlanB New Member

Mar 6, 2013
    I went to four Dolphins games this year . I was told by officials that you are allowed to bring in a bag no larger then your hand. I carry my Binoculars in a case the size of my hand. 3 games no problem. The last one against the Jets? I was denied entry with the case. Women with small pocketbooks were no problem. I was told to either throw it away or take it back to the bus. I did throw it away because the bus was locked up and it was only 10 minutes to kick off. But I won't be going to any more games in the near future. I'll put the $1600 I spend on tickets into a new Home Theatre. Plus I hate spending my day with more fans of the visiting Teams then my own Team. NFL is making it impossible to enjoy a game anymore. F'em.

8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Wtf are you talking a bout, wtf do you think intimate means when it comes to a stadiums design...of course I believe a stadium should be smaller in design..that's the only way to create intimacy inside..Jesus.

NFL has made a video about what they would like their stadiums to be moving forward..." More intimate designs"

Aka....smaller...

Your take has always been, you don't think it matters in the big picture, you don't think the current venue affects attendance, you don't think it's affects performances,you don't know how the right design could help rebuild the cultures of two programs, help attendance, help player performance, and you don't see how a venue built they way I'm talking about could make money by attracting people to come out all because of the energy that can be created inside by the design..

9. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Wtf are you talking a bout, wtf do you think intimate means when it comes to a stadiums design...of course I believe a stadium should be smaller in design..that's the only way to create intimacy inside..Jesus.

NFL has made a video about what they would like their stadiums to be moving forward..." More intimate designs"

Aka....smaller...

Your take has always been, you don't think it matters in the big picture, you don't think the current venue affects attendance, you don't think it's affects performances,you don't know how the right design could help rebuild the cultures of two programs, help attendance, help player performance, and you don't see how a venue built they way I'm talking about could make money by attracting people to come out all because of the energy that can be created inside by the design..

So kiss my *** Oz.

10. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

Bull****!!! All the hell you said for months is move the seats forward. Then one day you saw something on NFL.com about intimacy and you started using the word. Going smaller has nothing to do with intimacy. If a town can handle it, they won't be going smaller.

11. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

No you kiss my ***! Being intimate has nothing to do with going smaller. The NFL would not mind smaller because it sends more of the individual cities fans to their TV sets. That's where they make the big money!

Being intimate helps them play better. Lmao! Dislexia man....