1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bills having to focus on Rex Ryan

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Bills coach Rex Ryan said after last Sunday’s victory over the Browns that he had not spoken to ownership about his job security in light of an ESPN report that he was aware that his time at the helm in Buffalo was coming to an end.

If Ryan spoke to Terry and Kim Pegula in the last couple of days, the conversation didn’t include any assurances that he’ll be back with the team in 2017. Ryan said he has not received any assurances about what the future will hold when asked about it during his Tuesday press conference and that he’s keeping his focus elsewhere.

“My job is to coach the football team,” Ryan said, via Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News. “There’s no focus anywhere else. I believe we’re going to play a great game.”

A great game this weekend would presumably end with a win over the Dolphins, which would be a big blow to Miami’s playoff hopes and set the Bills up with a chance to finish the year with a 9-7 record by beating the Jets. There’s only a miniscule chance that record would be enough for a playoff spot, which probably means that the bigger question in Buffalo is whether it would be enough to buy Ryan a third year.

2. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    Alternatively - Rex Ryan focused on winning as much as he can. :)

Is there any word on whether Rex has lost the team? If so, the question will be whether or not the Bills can rally enough passion to play for their own pride. My guess is that they can. I doubt there's a Bills players on that team who doesn't want to milk this opportunity to enjoy kicking the Dolphins out of their home stadium with a loss.

The Dolphins better come ready to destroy the Bills, I don't think a half-hearted or half-prepared team will find success this Sunday.