1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bill Parcells?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by gafinfan, Mar 27, 2008.

1. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

What kind of VP of Football Operations will Bill Parcells be?

An overseer or completely hands on making all the decisions? I read an article today. (link below) For you M. Ryan lovers it's a good read also.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7958748/What-question-stopped-me-in-my-tracks?

That got me to thinking (a BAD thing) about the fact that Bill isn’t always, or even most times, in these interviews. What does this mean? Nothing? Does it matter? Who cares? I’m beginning to think that what Bill said at his first news conference about not being the GM or HC may be the truth, or at least, close to it. Right about now you’re saying “Yeah right, he wants to shop for, buy, cook, serve, and eat the meal!” I know at first I thought that, too, but now I’m not so sure this is right.

I’m not saying that Bill won’t have his input, sure he will, but what I’m saying is that Jeff Ireland is going to have the final say as to who gets picked. If it’s someone that Bill has a question about or is unsure of then I’m sure that Jeff is going to have to make a great sells pitch to get him passed Bill but Jeff appears to be the front man and the guy making the trips while Bill is doing his thing, whatever that might be at the time. Which means to me that Jeff’s thinking is going to carry much more weight than some think because he’s the guy that’s looked the elephant in the eye, so to speak, not Bill.

Having said that I’m not so sure that looking at Bills history of drafting is going to really tell us anything about this year. Plus the fact that the HC is an offensive guy makes me think that drafting Jake long may not be as far fetched as some seem to think. I think Ireland may be the kind of GM that goes with the BPA and PON in a since that he is going to take what the defense (Draft) gives him.

Anyway I’m much more excited about this draft than before and think we just may have two good drafts in a row. This would be quite a difference after the Whinny/Spillman/Satan years because those years are what put us here in the first place.

2. sgtphin

sgtphin Season Ticket Holder

Nov 25, 2007
    Clay City, Indiana
    I really hope you're right about BP actually allowing JI to make the selections, as he IS the GM, not BP. Hopefully, for once, BP will live up to his word and let our GM and HC make the decisions they were hired to do, and he'll just give advice and guidance, if they ask for it.

3. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    I would not mind Bill Parcells puting in his input but I want are Jim Ireland and Tony Sparono make the decisions

4. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    [admin] Bro bring something constructive to the thread. Thanks [/admin]

5. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    i think bill will have his hands on everything that goes around ireland and sparano were brough in because they have the same philosophy as bill i think when bill sees how ireland and sparano are doing and how they are doing a good job building bill will take less and less of a role i think right now he is just guiding them

6. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    i think this is a pretty good idea of what might be going on in the front office

7. phinphever

phinphever Punk, Make My Day!!

Dec 20, 2007
    Ocala, FL
    For the record I don't mind Selecting Ryan, but I wan't beck to get a chance to earn the spot with a open competition. Whom ever is the Dolphins starting QB is, I hope he earned it. My fear is if Ryan is selected he may start due to his draft status not having earned it but due to the salary considerations. What if we draft Ryan and he doesn't earn the starting job and beck wins the competition. We will be spending a huge amout of money on a QB who isn't on the field. That money could have been better spent on someone else. That is why I think risky to Pick a QB 1st overall. THink aobut this IF Ryan was as good a some claim why arn't teams breaking down our door proposing trades? Because they arn't sold on Ryan either. He is not a sure thing. For thoose wanting us to pick Ryan, if we draft him and he sucks I want all of you to come back here and eat crow. I don't know how it will work out but, for the dolphins sake I hope it's the right one.

8. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire

yeah i think so too, i think bill will be right there on everything through this years draft but next year he will be there less and less i think it is a good thing he is doing , just to make sure they dont **** this up, this draft has to be a knock out for the fins they cannot screw this draft up and bill knows that

9. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    the problem is though if ryan sucks it will set the dolphins even further back and i agree no one is knocking down doors for trades because teams are skeptical of ryan it wouldnt surprise me to see atlanta pass on him either

i think the dolphins should fill in the other areas, fix the line draft a qb like henne or whoever and if beck ****s up let mccown play and let henne learn the team

i think drafting ryan would be a huge mistake IMO