1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bill Parcell contract clause

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by funkdat, Oct 21, 2008.

1. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    I just made a post about this at FH but i'll make a Thread about it over here.

According to Jason Cole the guy who covered the dolphins for many years.Said that in Bill Parcell contract theirs a clause that if Wayne sells more then 50% of the team Bill can quit and still get payed for all the years left on the contract.

It's slow dolfan news day so i thought it would give ya'll something to talk about.

I don't think Bill would quit so soon,but it's good to see he covered himself he does.

2. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey

I dont trust anything these beat reporters have to say, especially Cole and Cote. Anyways, I dont think Parcells would just up and leave Sparano and Ireland after 6 games inot a rebuilding project.

3. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    That could be a damning thing if it happens. I have to believe he is on board with Ross, unless Ross starts to pull a Jerry Jones/Dan Snyder on him.

4. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

First off, shame on you for still going over to the other site....10 lashes with a wet noodle for you...

As to the clause, I don't know for sure what the clause says exactly, but there were reports that there was some sort of language in the contract in case Mr. H sold the team..Probably had more to do with him being kept on or as you said, being paid if the new owners/managing general partners decided to can the Tuna and start fresh once they took over...

I wouldn't worry too much just yet though...it looks as tho Ross is more of a Wayne than a Jerry Jones...

njfinfan likes this.
  5. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Its not a surprise that Parcells has an escape clause .He has a history of bailing out on organizations .

Hopefully the owners have a protection clause as well to damper the temptation of cutting and running .

6. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    yep , i'm not going to worry about it,i think he has put the right people in place for us to one day take over the AFC East.

7. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I don't doubt that report at all. I do recall reading right around the time Parcells was first hired that he was, initially hesitant because of the rumors last year about Wayne selling the team. Per the article, Parcells wanted to come work for Wayne; he just wanted to be sure that's who he was going to be working for.
    I think at this point we should just hope that Ross has been cultivating a good working relationship with Parcells.

8. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    this could well suck hard for us, imagine in 2 years we are no better than we are now.. Bill says screw this my reputation is taking a hit.. Im moving on and takes a new gig gets paid from us still and makes a boatload from someone else prior to heading off into the sunset...

God I hope this never happens but we would be in deep stuff it it did!

9. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Let Bill walk. He gets too much attention here anyways. I believe he picked the right people to get us back to winning. Ireland has a good head and Sparano seems to get it as a coach. We don't need him anymore.

10. ATLFINFAN

ATLFINFAN Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    From what was posted in the CLUB earlier, Mr. H is only selling 45 % to Ross at the end of this year. Nothing to worry about here................yet.

11. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Theres nothing to worry about period. If Parcells leaves this season on next...its because he thinks Ireland and Sparano are in a place they dont need him. This team is developing exactly the way they wanted it to.....

I think the media and everyone needs to just relax...sit back...and watch them turn this project into a Champion. Enjoy the process....its part of being a true fan....not just turning on the Phins game when they go 14-2. Ive given up reading much on the Phins in tha papers anyways....I get much more complete and accurate information from the VIP section of TP.C.

funkdat likes this.
  12. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    Ross owns more then 5% right now.........just so you know.

I think it's around 49 % right now.............and as soon as any one other then Mr. H owns over 50% bill can walk.

13. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Ross owns 45% (NFL just finalized the date of the trans to be 11/20 for WH to take advantage before any POTUS Admin change and laws about Big Business and Billionaires with tax sales, etc).....but he and WH have agreed to buy 100% in the future....no specific date set.

So, if that future for the balance is several years off, no issues. And I suspect, if time goes by, Parcells can elect to stay and work with Ross vs. jump and take the $$$. And their is still a 6% issue before Wayne falls below 50% ownership.

Its not that big a deal, presuming the final complete sale doesn't happen for a few seasons.