1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bill P hopes draft picks can have impact on Dolphins offense this season

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, May 8, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    May 8, 2008
    DAVIE - Since drafting Jim Kiick in the fifth round 40 years ago, the Miami Dolphins have had little success with late-round running backs.

The new regime of Vice President of Football Operations Bill Parcells and General Manager Jeff Ireland is attempting to buck that trend with sixth-round running backs Jalen Parmele (176th overall) and Lex Hilliard (204th).

The Dolphins are counting on Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams to share most of the workload, but their potential backups looked sharp at last weekend's rookie minicamp, particularly the 5-foot-11, 225-pound Parmele, who displayed a good burst off the line.

"I tried to run like Ricky because he ran with power," said Parmele, who gained 1,511 yards (5.5 per carry) with 14 touchdowns his senior season at Toledo. "I expect to learn from both of them and improve from them."

LINK TO REST OF STORY
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/football/dolphins/orl-dolphins0808may08,0,3818679.story

2. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Thanks AT, I read the same article in the Miami Herald from a link in another thread yesterday. I think it must have been in Club Level, I guess the story is an AP story, that's why it's in 2 different papers huh?

Nevertheless it is a very good article, thanks for the link.

3. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Interesting article. Thanks ATVZ.

On a side note, to do with the reporter who wrote it...

I don't understand why the article's title says that Bill P (specifically) is hoping (specifically) that the draft picks (specifically) will help the offense (specifically) this season (specifically) when the article doesn;t quote him at all, in any regard, let along regarding his 'hopes' for the offensive rookies, let alone these assumed 'hopes' being for *this* season. Sounds like the title reflects what the REPORTER wants to say, not what Parcells has expressed.

That's just bad journalism and misleading. I understand that Bill Parcells' name gets readers interested, but don;t just make crap up. The title may as well say "Miami fans anticipate free agents will improve special teams immediately"... when no one can be quoted as having said that... though I'm sure no fan would disagree with it being something we'd be happy to have happen (which is still different than us having SAID it).

4. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    That's a pretty vanilla statement. What team in the league would draft players they don't want to step up and contribute? :no:

Kanye West, Coral Reefer and alen1 like this.
  5. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    The Redskins. :lol:

alen1 likes this.
  6. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    That is what I was thinking:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

7. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    :lol:

8. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Breaking News: "Parcells and Co. Hope Dolphins Are Better Than Last Year And A Child Hopes Ice Cream Cone Tastes Good."

These guys are just phoning it in for a paycheck now.:pity:

9. Straz

Straz Me and my girl :)

Mar 23, 2008
    I think Jake Long will start this year, but other than that I don't see any other rookies starting. Henne could start if this year goes south fast, but other than Henne and Long I'm not expecting much from the offensive rookies.

10. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Murphy or Thomas could start at right guard. Bess would be a starter in a three wide out set.