1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big World Cup Soccer Week

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by Dolphins1Beatles, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    I don't like MLS, but I do love World Cups/Olympics, so I try to keep up to date on that news.

This week on December 2 they will announce the hosts for the 2018 and 2022 World Cup. 2018 is going to Europe, and it's between Spain/Portugal, England, Russia, and Belgium/Netherlands. 2022 is between the USA, Japan, South Korea, Australia, and Qatar. If Russia wins for 2018, then Qatar probably won't win 2022. (Give it to 2 oil rich countries? That doesn't invite questions...) They do like giving it to new places though, and USA, Japan and South Korea have all hosted before, but they have everything mostly in place already.

FYI, if USA wins, Sun Life Stadium will be hosting games. Wonder if that will give them more fire to upgrade the stadium?

There is also the 2011 Womens WC group draw on the 29th I think. They announced the top seed favorites are Germany, Japan, USA, and Brazil that will lead the groups. I like that there is more a of a chance for other countries to win that, in the men's WC it's always been Europe or South America, but the North American and Asian countries are just as likely to win here.