1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big props to Matt Roth

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Roman529, Oct 5, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I loved how Roth played today. He got all kinds of pressure on Rivers, and made some nice tackles on LT. He was all over the place and playing with lots of enthusiasm. I wish I had some "guns" like his with those mad wicked flames. :lol: I am not ready to say "JT who?" just yet, but he looked great today.

The Tuna and Sparano have done a great job putting the pieces together, and the last couple games we have really played like a team. I also think Yeremiah Bell played one of is best games. Hopefully we can finally beat the Houston Texans next week....it's time they get some paybacks from us. :up:

Phinperor, PMZQ, mullingan and 8 others like this.
  2. FiN.in.RI

FiN.in.RI Paul pierced through..

Dec 3, 2007
    the Heart
    Yeah I lamented posting a similar thread. Matt Roth gets big ups from me with his play out there today.

3. Miaballa99

Miaballa99 Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Miami
    Matt Roth was a beast out there, but Yeremiah Bell was all over the field. What a Ballhawk. Had about 3 or 4 Passes defended on beautiful throws. Big props to Bell and Roth, both played a phenomenal game.

Stitches likes this.
  4. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Roth has never gotten the respect that he's deserved since day 1.

He didn't step in and light the NFL on fire right away, but we all know exactly how rare those rookies are. Roth has progressed steadily. With this new group he had positions changed on him completely and again, he's steadily progressing. I don't think you'll ever see Pro Bowls in Roth's future but the guy is a steady and very motivated player. A type of support player that championship teams get filled with to balance out a solid team.

calphin and cnc66 like this.
  5. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    He is crazy

6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    The word star actually slipped out of one of the broadcasters mouth today...good for him.

7. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Congrats to Roth and Bell today!:up:

8. RalphX19X

RalphX19X >:)

Nov 23, 2007
    Miami
    [​IMG]

ac_lanham and Coral Reefer like this.
  9. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Hes freakin' nuts!

10. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Roth really seems to be living up to his potential now with the position change. He played well against NE as well. Good for him, and great for us. Nice job by the coaches to try him out at LB... so far so good!

11. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Matt was indeed impressive. He's getting more and more comfortable in the role they've put him in. This D is actually playing as impressively as the offense is, but the wildcat is getting all the attention...no problem though...I hope no one pays attention as we continue to play better and better...

Back to Roth, he has a feel for the position, but I'd like to see that motor he's got running all the time...it's been a little on-and-off so far, until today...

12. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    I've been saying it all season... Roth is gonna be one of the biggest surprises this year!!! Roth, Bell and Porter played "LIGHTS OUT" football!

13. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    I didn't see where his motor has been off at all. He's learning a never played before position. His motor hasn't ever stoped. Sometimes he's had to learn how to play his position and he may have been a little out of step or place, but his motor never stoped.

14. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
  15. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    And many of the folks on this board had him cut before the season. :lol:

16. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Roth is just a moving collision..every play he smashes into someone full bore like a human hammer...gotta love it as a Dolphin fan and hate it as the opposition..he Trucked manamula (sp) more than once and that guys was pancaking raiders LBers all last game..he basically flicked LT out of the way like a booger.

Is he a "perfect" fit for the role he is playing..no but he does a lot of things very well and he is as physical as you can get for an OLB talk about setting the edge.. he sets it in concrete.

17. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I believe roth used to play linebacker in college or high school and was moved to the line in the NFL. The lineman (particularly ends) are the easiest position to move back into a linebacker roll.