1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Way to Sell A Single Item Online?

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by maynard, Oct 19, 2009.

1. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    yes, i have heard of ebay and amazon lol. :pointlol:

are there any large, reputable sellers that will act as a 3rd party? with my low volume of transactions, i doubt anyone would buy from me. i probably wouldnt. the only thing i know about this is from "the 40 year old virgin." does that thing really exist. is it worth it?

ill get into specifics for you all if it helps

i own this item (no not that exact one listed, lol): http://www.amazon.com/Sony-HTCT100-Sound-Bar-Sub-Woofer/dp/B0015HS1HQ

i busted the remote, but would probably throw in an HDMI cable or two to try to offset that lol

but i would like to upgrade a bit and get this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0028RXMS0

for anyone that may have a question, i just love the simplicity of all-HDMI setup, ease of use and low space taken up. the first one is great and works perfectly, but the 250W isnt quite loud enough. 400W should do the trick

any help would be great

2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    craigslist.com

maynard likes this.
  3. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    ive never really used it or browsed it much. you think that will work better?

4. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    If you live in a populated place it should.

5. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Craigslist is best. Not guaranteed to sell, but it's free, you can keep relisting, and best of all no transaction charges. Ebay rapes you on fees. But cash only, and in person.

Make sure you don't get scammed. No cashiers checks. I repeat, no money orders or cashiers checks. Those are scams. They'll send you 1000, say it was an accident (usually their wife or secretary). Tell you to cash it, wait for it to clear, then keep 300 and send back 700. but it'll clear (because they'll use numbers from a legit account). then 3 weeks later the bank will say it was a bad check and you're stuck with it.

Jeffrey and maynard like this.
  6. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    also, if you're the nervous type, don't invite the person inside of your home if you feel uncomfortable. chances are, if you're selling one electronic, you may have many more, and people could use a meet to case your place.

7. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

8. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Definitely the best place to start.... especially being free. I've sold a handful of stuff on it 3 months ago.

Give that a couple weeks.

If you have the capability on EBAY to sell it as a "Buy it Now" item rather than having to give it away in auction to the highest bidder, then that's your best route.... especially if it's a collectible. I sell football cards on EBAY, and it works.

What's the rough value of what you're trying to sell? If it's valuable and you don't have EBAY access to sell it as "Buy it now", then I'll sell it for you on my EBAY as long as you're honest & accurate about your discription etc and don't screw up my 100% feedback.... cause then I'll have to track you down, sever your spine, and ship you helplessly off to hospital in Buffalo with an ugly Bills blanket wrapped around ya.