Best Qb in the AFC east

195 replies

padre31padre31Luxury BoxOP
Jun 21, 2009, 12:08 PM

Well, we are 40 days out of training camp and it might be some fun to poll "us" PhinFans on who we think are the best players in order 1-4 in the AFC East.

This may as well start at the top, the Quarterback position, with Pennington, Sanchez, Brady and Edwards.

SilverphinSilverphinForum Veteran
Jun 21, 2009, 12:19 PM

I have to say Tom Brady *throws up in own mouth*

As far as I know, there are no indication of Tom Brady being out of form after the injury.

Edit:
Chad Pennington is a close second, IMO.

Trent Edwards over Sanchez due to experience.

Coral ReeferCoral ReeferNew Member
Jun 21, 2009, 12:21 PM

There shouldn't need to be more than half a second of thought put into this..... regardless of how we feel about him.
None of the others are close.

RIP Jetssuck

DaFishDaFishForum Veteran
Jun 21, 2009, 12:23 PM

It's a no brainer. Brady is the best QB in this division. An arrogant, pretentious, piece of feces but he is a good QB.

54Fins54FinsForum Veteran
Jun 21, 2009, 12:25 PM

It can only be Brady,hate to say.There are no other QB's in the East that have his resume'.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Jun 21, 2009, 12:28 PM

I know, the answer is Brady, but you have to start somewhere.

We do have the clear #2 Qb though, Edwards and Sanchez are not even a close second.

PS17PS17New Member
Jun 21, 2009, 12:29 PM

Brady is the best QB in the NFL, and one of the best of all time, let alone best in this division. There really isn't a close second.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaFishDaFishForum Veteran
Jun 21, 2009, 12:32 PM

"PS17 wrote:

Brady is the best QB in the NFL, and one of the best of all time, let alone best in this division. There really isn't a close second.
Posted via Mobile Device

I believe Peyton Manning is a better QB than Brady. JMO

PS17PS17New Member
Jun 21, 2009, 12:40 PM

"DaFish wrote:

I believe Peyton Manning is a better QB than Brady. JMO

Peyton can't lead his team in the playoffs.
Posted via Mobile Device

FinSaneFinSaneForum Veteran
Jun 21, 2009, 12:41 PM

"PS17 wrote:

Peyton can't lead his team in the playoffs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Neither can Sanchez/Clemens and Farve when you had him.

PS17PS17New Member
Jun 21, 2009, 12:43 PM

"FinSane wrote:

Neither can Sanchez/Clemens and Farve when you had him.

Not one of them was ever the QB when we were in the playoffs. What does that statement have to do with anything?
Posted via Mobile Device

DaFishDaFishForum Veteran
Jun 21, 2009, 12:44 PM

"PS17 wrote:

Peyton can't lead his team in the playoffs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Throw a Pats jersey on Peyton and lets see how he leads them in the playoffs. The Pats have had much better teams than the Colts.

I do been overall team.

FinSaneFinSaneForum Veteran
Jun 21, 2009, 12:52 PM

"PS17 wrote:

Not one of them was ever the QB when we were in the playoffs. What does that statement have to do with anything?
Posted via Mobile Device

You shouldve been happy the QB you had even got you to the playoffs with that crap of a roster he had to work with all those years.

PS17PS17New Member
Jun 21, 2009, 12:54 PM

"FinSane wrote:

You shouldve been happy the QB you had even got you to the playoffs with that crap of a roster he had to work with all those years.

Dude...WTH are you talking about???
Posted via Mobile Device

PS17PS17New Member
Jun 21, 2009, 12:55 PM

"DaFish wrote:

Throw a Pats jersey on Peyton and lets see how he leads them in the playoffs. The Pats have had much better teams than the Colts.

I do been overall team.

They had the best offense in the league for the majority of the decade and they only won once.
Posted via Mobile Device

like2godlike2godLuxury Box
Jun 21, 2009, 12:56 PM

Guys, keep it civil :)

I voted Brady, it's a no-brainer


I love you Mom, you are the greatest woman that I've ever known.

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Jun 21, 2009, 01:00 PM

"Silverphin wrote:

I have to say Tom Brady *throws up in own mouth*

As far as I know, there are no indication of Tom Brady being out of form after the injury.

Edit:
Chad Pennington is a close second, IMO.

Trent Edwards over Sanchez due to experience.

this.

like2godlike2godLuxury Box
Jun 21, 2009, 01:09 PM

"Silverphin wrote:

Chad Pennington is a close second, IMO.

Penny is good, but he's nowhere near Brady in terms of talent


I love you Mom, you are the greatest woman that I've ever known.

FIFinsAreLifeNew Member
Jun 21, 2009, 01:17 PM

If I were to rank them it would look like this:

1. Tom Brady
2. Chad Pennington
3. Trent Edwards
4. Sanchez.

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Jun 21, 2009, 01:21 PM

"FinsAreLife wrote:

If I were to rank them it would look like this:

1. Tom Brady
2. Chad Pennington
3. Trent Edwards
4. Sanchez.

heres my ranking....

brady
pennington
henne
edwards
clemens
sanchez
:shifty:

PS17PS17New Member
Jun 21, 2009, 01:21 PM

I don't think you can even rank Sanchez at this point. I would at least wait until the end of Preseason. I'll give you Brady 1, Chad 2, but I am by no means sold on Trent Edwards yet. And I do think this Sanchez kid has got something...obviously LOL
Posted via Mobile Device

FIFinsAreLifeNew Member
Jun 21, 2009, 01:22 PM

"PS17 wrote:

Peyton can't lead his team in the playoffs.
Posted via Mobile Device

To say that is a tad ignorant. Peyton has without a doubt led his team in the playoffs many times. Has he done it to the level Brady has?? Heck no. I will agree with you on that point completely. But to say Peyton has never led his team in the playoffs is incorrect. He has a Super Bowl title and has been to a few conference championship games. He also has not had the defense that Brady has had but thats a different arguement.

All in all, Peyton is a good postseason leader but no where near the best of all time (Brady, Montana, etc.).

Tone_ETone_ESupporter
Jun 21, 2009, 01:24 PM

You know what? I never thought thephins can earn any more of my respect. But the fact that we all selected Brady so far (17) says something. Good job guys.

I was pressing the right mouse button on Brady trying to convince myself the poll was broken and I didn't have to vote Brady....but I did anyway.

PS17PS17New Member
Jun 21, 2009, 01:25 PM

"FinsAreLife wrote:

To say that is a tad ignorant. Peyton has without a doubt led his team in the playoffs many times. Has he done it to the level Brady has?? Heck no. I will agree with you on that point completely. But to say Peyton has never led his team in the playoffs is incorrect. He has a Super Bowl title and has been to a few conference championship games. He also has not had the defense that Brady has had but thats a differen
t arguement.

All in all, Peyton is a good postseason leader but no where near the best of all time (Brady, Montana, etc.).

Look man, all I was saying is that Manning should have more than one ring with that team he has. It's like the Atlanta Braves of the 90's.
Posted via Mobile Device

like2godlike2godLuxury Box
Jun 21, 2009, 01:26 PM

"FinsAreLife wrote:

To say that is a tad ignorant. Peyton has without a doubt led his team in the playoffs many times. Has he done it to the level Brady has?? Heck no. I will agree with you on that point completely. But to say Peyton has never led his team in the playoffs is incorrect. He has a Super Bowl title and has been to a few conference championship games. He also has not had the defense that Brady has had but thats a different arguement.

All in all, Peyton is a good postseason leader but no where near the best of all time (Brady, Montana, etc.).

I think the point that he was making is that Brady is clutch, Manning has let his team down several times in the playoffs and in the road to the playoffs. Brady steps it up a few notches when it comes playoff time, he's a bit like Michael Jordan in that regard and he's a hell of alot better than Manning when it comes to being clutch. :wink2:


I love you Mom, you are the greatest woman that I've ever known.