1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Place to Get a New/Replacement Rear Bumper?

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by Stitches, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I have what used to be my Dad's 2008 Dodge Dakota TRX4, and before it came into my possession he had a handful of "accidents." I don't know if this is the result of one or multiple accidents, but the rear bumper is in pretty rough shape (it's bent and scratched , and looks unlevel). It barely holds the current license plate in there, and I really don't think I could get a new plate to hold in there properly (which I'll have to try and do once I get it registered).

I would like to replace the bumper with one just like it (painted to match the truck), but I don't know where the best place would be. I don't mind installing it myself either, I've just never had to purchase an item like this before. Anybody got any online auto stores they can suggest? Or would a dodge dealer be a reasonable option you think?

2. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    If you have a Pull A Part in your area, that would probably be your best bet. They're cheap because you can take the parts off the vehicle yourself.

Samsung Epic 4G via Tapatalk

3. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    They don't have any dakotas within my generation sadly.

4. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Sounds stupid bro, but craigslist?

5. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Not stupid. I've been scouring there for 2 weeks and it's been dry.

6. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    Have you tried Rockauto.com? Usually good prices if they carry it.

7. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    They have what I think is what I want (though not painted; no biggie), however there's no photo to verify. The price isn't too bad at least, and neither is shipping.

Amazon has one that says will work for my truck (according to the manufacturer's website), but the bumper looks different than mine.