Best Fantasy Football Website

14 replies

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum VeteranOP
Jul 16, 2010, 10:32 AM

I'm not talking about sites for hosting leagues, I'm talking about a site to get extra information about players. I'm sick of sites like Sportsline and Yahoo not getting me information about my players until it's too late. And I'm sick of the competition having resources that seem to always be right about the best waiver wire guys to grab.

So I know there's a lot of fantasy football guys on here. What websites do you use? What kind of information do they offer? I'm usually dead set against this, but I might even be willing to pay this year to join one of these sites.

TRTractor TraylorNew Member
Jul 17, 2010, 06:42 PM

I like fantasysharks.com for weekly updates and articles but fantasyindex.com is one that I have relied on heavily for the basis of many of my projections.

PeaTearGriffinPeaTearGriffinNew Member
Jul 17, 2010, 10:10 PM

Pre-draft I just try to find as much info as possible. ESPN, Yahoo, CBS, and whoever else. I take all of their opinions on players and then make my own rankings based off this information and trusting my gut feeling about certain players. Other than that I Mock non-stop.

http://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/

Use that site for most mocking but will also mock on the others too.

Pick ups help but my history has always been draft strong and you won't have to worry about the free agent mess.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Jul 18, 2010, 06:29 PM

I'm a big fan of CBS' fantasy football section. Lots of rankings, analysis, and worthwhile speculation. They even do a weekly podcast, which is a nice cherry on top. I admit some of the banter is grating (like Eisenberg's belief that real football is won by running, and his mistaking the success of passing as meaning "pass often" rather than "pass well," but I digress) but in the end they do a pretty good job. Bonus: it's all free.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

The RevThe RevAdministrator
Jul 18, 2010, 06:47 PM

"Tractor Traylor wrote:

I like fantasysharks.com for weekly updates and articles but fantasyindex.com is one that I have relied on heavily for the basis of many of my projections.

This is the one that I use. :up:

Ohio FanaticOhio FanaticSupporter
Jul 20, 2010, 08:46 PM

I use football guys.com. They have a good website, daily updates, and free software to fill in your scoring system and sort their ranked players accordingly.

testing

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Aug 18, 2010, 08:18 AM

"Ohio Fanatic wrote:

I use football guys.com. They have a good website, daily updates, and free software to fill in your scoring system and sort their ranked players accordingly.

I checked out this website and couldn't find any free links to this software you mention. What's it called, or would you mind sending me the link to it?

Thanks in advance!

For Everyone,

Do any other sites have free software that lets you enter your league's scoring and ranks the players accordingly?

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Aug 18, 2010, 04:43 PM

"MonstBlitz wrote:

I checked out this website and couldn't find any free links to this software you mention. What's it called, or would you mind sending me the link to it?

Check the Tools section. It's called Draft Dominator.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

Stringer BellStringer BellSupporter
Aug 18, 2010, 05:05 PM

footballguys is the best I've seen. As in-depth as you'll find. If you play in a league for cash, spending a little money for fbguys isn't a bad investment.

“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”

VendigoVendigoSupporter
Aug 18, 2010, 05:10 PM

"MonstBlitz wrote:

Do any other sites have free software that lets you enter your league's scoring and ranks the players accordingly?

http://www.fftoday.com/tools/crank.php should do the trick if you register.

Good site in general, by the way.

We can forgive a man for making a useful thing as long as he does not admire it. The only reason for making a useless thing is that one admires it intensely. All art is quite useless.

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Aug 20, 2010, 06:11 AM

"Desides wrote:

Check the Tools section. It's called Draft Dominator.

Damn. Doesn't look like I can download it on a mac.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Aug 20, 2010, 06:34 AM

"MonstBlitz wrote:

Damn. Doesn't look like I can download it on a mac.

Most fantasy football sites have yet to enter the 21st Century with the rest of us. :lol: If you're willing to pay a few dollars, Rotoworld has an online guide that lets you do the same thing: plug in your league rules and it ranks players according to their projections. Works just fine in Safari or any other OS X browser.

Though personally, I'd rather load up Excel or Numbers, enter my own projections, and then use a SUM formula that tallies up the projected numbers based on my league's scoring system. It's really not that hard. Divide rushing yards by the amount needed to score a point, multiply touchdowns by the amount of points they're worth, add receptions if they're counted, etc. Not tough to do, just time-consuming.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

ASASUFinFanForum Veteran
Aug 23, 2010, 02:20 AM

fantasyfootballstarters.com
fftoolbox.com

I owe GISH a beer for helping me throw this sig pic together...

Man Up, Beer Down!

LElegomymegoNew Member
Aug 26, 2010, 10:18 PM

"ASUFinFan wrote:

fantasyfootballstarters.com
fftoolbox.com


I use fftoolbox pretty much exclusively.

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Aug 30, 2010, 09:36 PM

I ended up going with Draft Sharks. Primarily because I know the guy picking behind me at the turn uses it, and it was worth the $43 to have a good idea of who he'll be targeting every round.

Also the fact that I'm not paying for applications that won't work on my mac was a big selling point. Wanted to go with footballguys, but don't like the fact that they refuse to have the draft dominator app work on Mac. Their stubbornness cost them a customer.