Bess Won't Give Up 15

140 replies

Roman529Roman529New Member
Apr 14, 2010, 11:37 PM

Damn it's only a jersey number. I would wear a pink jersey for the kind of money Marshall is getting. You could laugh at me all you want but $24 million gauranteed will give me the last laugh.

mrozmrozSupporter
Apr 14, 2010, 11:46 PM

"CitizenSnips wrote:

Marshall will probably catch more tds in one game than Bess has in two years.

(not a joke. Might even be willing to put money on it)



who cares? it is Bess' number and ifhe does not want to give it up that is HIS right:angry:

RIP CHP Officer Kirk Griess ID#15810
EOW 8/10/18

finyank13finyank13New Member
Apr 14, 2010, 11:49 PM

IF Bess wont give up the number, he should wear number 3....

as in it will be Miami's 3rd championship when they win again....go Joe Girardi on em Marsh!!!

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

CitizenSnipsCitizenSnipsNew Member
Apr 14, 2010, 11:57 PM

"mroz wrote:

who cares? it is Bess' number and ifhe does not want to give it up that is HIS right:angry:

i do. cause if bess was better, we wouldn't have needed marshall. Bess, Ginn, and Camarillo's inadequacies led to us getting Marshall. If they were all better players, Marshall wouldn't be here. Thus none of them have the right to their #s. They didn't earn them with their combined 3 tds last year.

I realize bess just wasn't born with the natural god given talent of marshall, but those are the breaks.

KillerphinsKillerphinsNew Member
Apr 15, 2010, 12:00 AM

"CitizenSnips wrote:

i do. cause if bess was better, we wouldn't have needed marshall. Bess, Ginn, and Camarillo's inadequacies led to us getting Marshall. If they were all better players, Marshall wouldn't be here.

I realize bess just wasn't born with the natural god given talent of marshall, but those are the breaks.

:lol: so bess doesnt add to this team as a possesion WR
that is his role

finyank13finyank13New Member
Apr 15, 2010, 12:02 AM

"CitizenSnips wrote:

i do. cause if bess was better, we wouldn't have needed marshall. Bess, Ginn, and Camarillo's inadequacies led to us getting Marshall. If they were all better players, Marshall wouldn't be here. Thus none of them have the right to their #s. They didn't earn them with their combined 3 tds last year.

I realize bess just wasn't born with the natural god given talent of marshall, but those are the breaks.


Exactly, know your role, number 3 receiver, 4, 2 whatever u are....I nice guy, terrible punt returner, and obvious good barginer....he will give it up, he wants some cash, or a car or some sheet

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

Puka-headPuka-headSupporter
Apr 15, 2010, 12:04 AM

Marshall had number fifteen, he decided he didn't want it anymore. He needs to shut the !@#$ up and earn whatever number he gets, just like every other Miami Dolphin.

Steve-MoSteve-MoForum Veteran
Apr 15, 2010, 12:07 AM

"Puka-head wrote:

Marshall had number fifteen, he decided he didn't want it anymore. He needs to shut the !@#$ up and earn whatever number he gets, just like every other Miami Dolphin.

Why does he need to shut up? I'm just wondering because I haven't read any comments he had on this situation.

And he has earned a number just as much as the next guy, in my opinion.

finyank13finyank13New Member
Apr 15, 2010, 12:08 AM

"Puka-head wrote:

Marshall had number fifteen, he decided he didn't want it anymore. He needs to shut the !@#$ up and earn whatever number he gets, just like every other Miami Dolphin.


Marshall hasnt said a thing about it...........you telling Fitz the samething?? AJ?? dont think so....Cuz it would be the samething bro...Marshall is on an entirely different level than Bess...the guy is there because these clowns cant get the job done, they all need him...just give the guy the number if he wants it...

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

KillerphinsKillerphinsNew Member
Apr 15, 2010, 12:12 AM

listen to yourselves
arguing over jersey numbers
bess will still catch plenty of footballs and move the chains

Roman529Roman529New Member
Apr 15, 2010, 12:13 AM

"finyank13 wrote:

IF Bess wont give up the number, he should wear number 3....

as in it will be Miami's 3rd championship when they win again....go Joe Girardi on em Marsh!!!

A WR can't wear #3,,,,,,it has to be in the 80's or between 10-19.

DHPVWDHPVWNew Member
Apr 15, 2010, 12:13 AM

I love how people will throw our players under the bus so quickly. It belongs to Bess, if he wants to keep it he has earned the right. He had one of the highest rec% for third down conversions in the entire NFL!

Everyone wants Bess to make Marshall happy, why? I'm thrilled to have picked up Marshall as well, but he hasn't even caught a pass yet and everyone is treating him like the #1 player on our team. Whatever happened to loyalty to the hard working players? I understand Bess doesn't, or better yet hasn't put up numbers like Marshall has but don't forget he was our leading receiver last year. That alone has to carry it's own merit.

Steve-MoSteve-MoForum Veteran
Apr 15, 2010, 12:15 AM

"DHPVW wrote:

I love how people will throw our players under the bus so quickly. It belongs to Bess, if he wants to keep it he has earned the right. He had one of the highest rec% for third down conversions in the entire NFL!

Everyone wants Bess to make Marshall happy, why? I'm thrilled to have picked up Marshall as well, but he hasn't even caught a pass yet and everyone is treating him like the #1 player on our team. Whatever happened to loyalty to the hard working players? I understand Bess doesn't, or better yet hasn't put up numbers like Marshall has but don't forget he was our leading receiver last year. That alone has to carry it's own merit.

+1,000

Bess was one of the bright spots of the offense last year, people seem to forget this very quickly.

VanDolPhanVanDolPhanSupporter
Apr 15, 2010, 12:20 AM

Your all going to the special hell

YouTube- special hell

CitizenSnipsCitizenSnipsNew Member
Apr 15, 2010, 12:22 AM

"DHPVW wrote:

I love how people will throw our players under the bus so quickly. It belongs to Bess, if he wants to keep it he has earned the right. He had one of the highest rec% for third down conversions in the entire NFL!

Everyone wants Bess to make Marshall happy, why? I'm thrilled to have picked up Marshall as well, but he hasn't even caught a pass yet and everyone is treating him like the #1 player on our team. Whatever happened to loyalty to the hard working players? I understand Bess doesn't, or better yet hasn't put up numbers like Marshall has but don't forget he was our leading receiver last year. That alone has to carry it's own merit.

no, it doesn't. This is a business about scoring tds and winning games. Marshall can do that, Bess can't. And Marshall, as far as the rest of the league is concerned, IS our #1 player.

the worst part, people would be OUTRAGED if Marshall wanted #19 and Ginn wouldn't give it up.

FLflynryan151New Member
Apr 15, 2010, 12:24 AM

Come on guys common sense must prevail here. The Dolphins just invested 50mil and 2 second round draft picks in Brandon Marshall to make this team better. In the same off season they gave Bess only a 1yr tender of his current contract. The writing is on the wall read between the lines, finally it is the Dolphins number and not Bess. If the Dolphins wanna strip him of it and give it to Marshall they will and frankly I think they should! It happens at every level from college to the pros.

HellweedHellweedForum Veteran
Apr 15, 2010, 12:26 AM

I'm not sure I've seen where Marshall is asking for it. Did I miss that?


Whatever lurks ahead, grievous abominations and disorder, you and me walk into it together. like always...

DHPVWDHPVWNew Member
Apr 15, 2010, 12:31 AM

"CitizenSnips wrote:

no, it doesn't. This is a business about scoring tds and winning games. Marshall can do that, Bess can't. And Marshall, as far as the rest of the league is concerned, IS our #1 player.

the worst part, people would be OUTRAGED if Marshall wanted #19 and Ginn wouldn't give it up.

I really doubt that Marshall has the type of game that would get him the same numbers on 3rd down conversions. He is a big play maker and deep threat. Bess is a possession/route running receiver, totally different.

It's funny because if you look at Marshall's conversion rate compared to Bess you would prob be surprised. If we can't convert on third downs we won't be scoring many td's. Sorry, but Marshall isn't going to catch a td every time he is passed to

And yes, I would be more than outraged if Ginn wouldn't give up his #19. He has hardly contributed to this team and is was not our leading receiver last year. HE IS A BUST!! :cry:
You have to reward hard work or your players won't play hard. Believe me, I have played a few years on a football team with under appreciated players. Eventually it causes that notorious "locker room drama"

5252CANESNew Member
Apr 15, 2010, 12:33 AM

He should make his number the number of million more his signing bonus was than bess lol

Puka-headPuka-headSupporter
Apr 15, 2010, 12:42 AM

"Steve-Mo wrote:

Why does he need to shut up? I'm just wondering because I haven't read any comments he had on this situation.

And he has earned a number just as much as the next guy, in my opinion.

"finyank13 wrote:

Marshall hasnt said a thing about it...........you telling Fitz the samething?? AJ?? dont think so....Cuz it would be the samething bro...Marshall is on an entirely different level than Bess...the guy is there because these clowns cant get the job done, they all need him...just give the guy the number if he wants it...

Not saying he has said anything, saying he doesn't have the right to and it would make a bad first impression if he came in demanding it.

I'm willing to give the guy a chance but no one player is better than any other based on reputation. Especially not his reputation.
I could giva a crap about whatever between him and the cops, really. Hitting girls aint cool but her brother or daddy or somebody should handle that.

The video of Marshall punting the ball and dogging it at practice is what says danger to me. Not my kinda teammate, not the kind of player I'm going to cheer or give my respect to til he earns it. Starting now.

Davone Bess is that kind of player, as of right now he's the leading reciever on the team IIRC. Maybe not as talented as Marshall, but he earned every catch and every yard he got for us

AND THE NUMBER ON HIS BACK! :hi5:

jazzjazzNew Member
Apr 15, 2010, 12:43 AM

"SICK wrote:

i bet you'd think he'd look good in anything eh cupcake?

lol

if anything, bess should be bending over backwards to give brandon his number. he will help bess' game and help him earn a big contract someday.

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Apr 15, 2010, 12:46 AM

"SICK wrote:

my moms dead.

So that's why she didn't move around much............ :shifty:

...and I know his mom really isn't dead so I don't feel bad.

FLflynryan151New Member
Apr 15, 2010, 12:49 AM

"DHPVW wrote:

I really doubt that Marshall has the type of game that would get him the same numbers on 3rd down conversions. He is a big play maker and deep threat. Bess is a possession/route running receiver, totally different.

It's funny because if you look at Marshall's conversion rate compared to Bess you would prob be surprised. If we can't convert on third downs we won't be scoring many td's. Sorry, but Marshall isn't going to catch a td every time he is passed to

And yes, I would be more than outraged if Ginn wouldn't give up his #19. He has hardly contributed to this team and is was not our leading receiver last year. HE IS A BUST!! :cry:
You have to reward hard work or your players won't play hard. Believe me, I have played a few years on a football team with under appreciated players. Eventually it causes that notorious "locker room drama"

Marshall has 3 straight years of 100+ reception seasons. Call me crazy but I'm going to go out on a limb and say a few were on 3rd down. Marshall is a beast! Bess isn't even avg if he weren't a Dolphin none of us would talk about him!

bigbrybigbryNew Member
Apr 15, 2010, 12:55 AM

"unluckyluciano wrote:

guess the tombstone should have tipped you off.

Every time I think you are fading off into oblivion, you deliver.
:lol: :yes:

DHPVWDHPVWNew Member
Apr 15, 2010, 01:25 AM

"flynryan151 wrote:

Marshall has 3 straight years of 100+ reception seasons. Call me crazy but I'm going to go out on a limb and say a few were on 3rd down. Marshall is a beast! Bess isn't even avg if he weren't a Dolphin none of us would talk about him!

Not true, I saw a segment on NFL Live last season on just what I was talking about. They we're saying how "this Bess kid" came from nowhere to lead the NFL in 3rd down conversion rec's. I would say if he had his own segment on ESPN about his accomplishments last season, then he obviously is not an under average player