1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bess, Camarillo, or Hartline

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by RickyBobby, Mar 15, 2010.

Which is the best or has best upside

1. Bess

18 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Camarillo

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. Hartline

64 vote(s)
    76.2%
  1. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    Which of these there do you feel is the best or has the best upside?

(note: upside is what you believe the player can eventually be; term not often used in Miami)

2. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Two completely different questions. Should be obvious that Hartline has the most upside. Who's the best? That's debatable.

3. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    I think Bess isn't going to get much better than he is but thats not a bad thing he is a damn solid security blanket.

Same with Cam, Hartline can get better maybe become a bigger threat than Bess but none of these guys can be a number 1.

jetssuck likes this.
  4. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    I cant understand why people love hartline...can anyone please explain?

5. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Cause he had a very solid year on a poor receiving corps as a fourth round rookie?

Jeff, jetssuck, Tin Indian and 8 others like this.
  6. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    with that crew more the reason to see something special what i saw was a guy that was average at everything have a decent year...i believe that Cam can be much better and more of what we need.

7. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    How could you not love him? The kid made clutch plays all season. He does everything well. Good hands, good speed, good route runner, gets good separation, etc.

Phins28, Tin Indian, eric and 9 others like this.
  8. aesop

aesop Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    NYC
    Hartline showed big play ability. Very nice average ypc. Came up big at big times.

gunn34 and BuckeyeKing like this.
  9. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    I could try and answer that one. I am assuming it is because as a rookie he played so well. He appeared like he have been playing for a few years. He rarely missed a catch and in my opinion he ran some really good routes. The fact that he was doing this as a rookie, I think gives people here the reason to believe he has the most upside.

Who do you think has the most upside?

10. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    IMO, Hartline has outstanding football speed. I don't know what his 40 time was, but on the field he flies and that's really all that counts.

This speed allows him to get open deep and have high YPC

dolfan7171 likes this.
  11. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    All three are overachievers. Too bad Ginn isn't. Unfortunately, it's really Ginn that has the most upside, which is why he's still here.

dolfan7171, resnor and Fin-Omenal like this.
  12. aesop

aesop Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    NYC
    I love the term 'overacheivers'. It has no actual meaning.

bakedmatt and late again like this.
  13. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    hartline gets after it i like him a lot
    who else wants to see him returning punts
    bess is a good possession WR
    cam says he is going to be back
    i can see where this thread is going :lol:

14. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

It was not hard to see!

He runs excellent routes, has decent speed, shows very good football instincts, he fights at the line, can gain chunks of yards after the catch, and most of all, he showed good ability to get behind the defenses and CATCH the ball...

TheAnswer385 likes this.
  15. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    He has everything except the outright explosiveness of a goal line WR to outright get the ball. He's an excellent #2, Bess a good #3, and either Camarillo a #3-4.

16. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    i dunno look back at that Bills game where hartline went up after the football and came down with it
    not what he is asked to do of course
    like i said the kid gets after it

eric and late again like this.
  17. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    He does have talent I'll give him that much. Just needs perhaps a strong WR like a Taylor Price across from him.

18. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Hartline has big play ability; he's a chunk yardage receiver. He's a solid #2 WR who could make enough plays to keep the defense honest covering your #1. Don't think he'll ever be much more than that, but at risk of a fourth round pick he's worth it.

I think Bess has peaked, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. He's one of the better slot receivers in the NFL.

Camarillo on the other hand is nothing more than a #3/4 WR in this league and he's the type of guy that if you have a young player on the bubble behind him that has impressed you enough, you keep that player over him knowing he's not going to get any better.

In short, right now Bess is the best. Hartline has the most upside because he's probably the only of the three with any upside left in him.

Puka-head, dolfan7171 and Jaj like this.
  19. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Amazing how London fell off the face of the Earth in training camp.

20. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Had high hopes for him. I remember the thread in Club Level last spring about his potential and how impressive he was in the workouts.

TiP54 likes this.
  21. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
    I like all the receivers listed but I think Bess has the most upside ability. IMHO the reason our receiving corps did so poorly last year was the difference in throwing styles between Henne and Pennington.

The WR's were used to the soft lob ball that Pennington threw and when Hene took over he threw a straight, hard bullet. The difference in these styles had everyone's pass timing all off. If they work over the off season together they will work these bugs out. Hene is going to be one hell of a QB!

We still need a big play WR but our supporting cast is solid.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  22. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Until someone else beats him out, Cam is practically speaking, the #2 WR on the team. He has started and played in every game he was healthy the past two years. Only WR on the team who can say that. He has played more total snaps over the last two years of any WR on the team. He has the best hands and is the best blocker. It is easy to overlook him because he isn't flashy.

jetssuck, Phins28, djphinfan and 2 others like this.
  23. Pariah

Pariah Revolutionary

Nov 27, 2007
    Little Rhody
    Hard to say since Bess and Hartline are two completely different WRs. If we get a true number 1 Bess could be a 100 reception guy. As some have said, Hartline could be a very solid number 2 WR in the league.

I think Cam is a good utility WR who can really round out a WR core.

It is amazing how good this WR core could be with the addition of a true #1.

cobrajet likes this.
  24. gofins

gofins Active Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Laurel, Md
    They do better than expected.

25. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    over·achiev·er
    Pronunciation: \ˌō-vər-ə-ˈchē-vər\
    Function: noun

: one who achieves success over and above the standard or expected level especially at an early age.

26. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    I think once there is a legit #1 reciever here we are only going to see bess grow more.

27. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    The name turns my girlfriend on,which is good for me.

Anywho,he shows the most promise in my eyes.We know what we are getting with the other two.

RickyBobby likes this.
  28. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Hartline is not the fastest (Cammy) or the quickest (Bess) but he is a close second to those guys in that capacity. He may be a guy we can put out there as our #2 (whether that means that Ginn is traded or no moves in the WR spots are made), whereas Bess and Cammy are limited in what they can do for us. He is superior to both of the others, imho, as a route runner with ability to get open. He has figured out what it takes, rather quickly, for a WR to get open at this level. We can get thru another season with the current group of guys, but the fear is that unless Ginn explodes into what we all want him to be, we will still lack a big playmaker at the WR position...something we sorely miss...

EDIT: I'm hoping we don't have to worry about that though by them picking up someone who can be that playmaker before camps start...

29. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Somewhere in some dark corner, Ted Ginn is wiping away tears with stolen money.

RickyBobby likes this.
  30. Larryfinfan

Clean, my only comeback to this is that while he's all of the things you said, Hartline hasn't been here two years, so that's not a good comparison and while Cammy has been here, he hasn't been completely healthy, missing 5 games in '08 and starting off slowly in '09. That said, Hartline and Cammy are practically the same player. They have the same strengths and weaknesses. Due to his ability to be able to get off the LOS and break free from coverage at an early WR NFL age, I'd choose Hartline over Cammy if for nothing more than being a few years younger.

Also, as some have mentioned above, if they make a move for a #1 WR, any of the three guys we're talking about could explode this coming year...that, of course, remains to be seen...

31. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    How are they the same player? They're athleticism is far apart.

32. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Camarillo is faster than Hartline?

33. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I'd say Pat Turner is faster in a straight-line perhaps than Camarillo.

Hartline is both quicker than Bess and faster than Camarillo. Bess just runs some great routes and has a knack for getting open. Hartline is a 4.49, 6-1/6-2, 195 lb receiver with decent hops, and remarkable short-area quickness with great route running.

34. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Brian Hartline is a PlayMaker in the making
    has the size, speed, moves, heart & hands
    few WR's show so much potential in their first year
    going into year two he will explode onto the field

35. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I agree with you basically. My only point was until someone beats him out and he is no longer starting full time, Cam is for all intents and purposes, the #2. Still a lot of fans like to refer to him now as the #4. He may lose his job to Hartline this season, but until he does, Cam is our #2 WR.

Larryfinfan likes this.
  36. Larryfinfan

They are basically the same guys. Both able to get open, both good route runners and same size. Virtually same speed and quickness, although Hartline may have a little edge... the only real difference is the 4 yrs of age between them and the resulting experience that Cammy has acquired...

37. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    hartline played well for a rookie. Keyword being a rookie. I do hope people don't get their hopes up too much though as I would hate to start seeing cut hartline threads after the first couple of games..................

38. eric

eric New Member

Oct 11, 2009
    i dont think we are going to see any cut hartline threads. hes shown to get the hang of the game quicker then any of our other guys. and its not like he is going to get worse anytime soon.

39. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles

They're athleticism is far apart. It's not even close. Hartline is faster, quicker, more explosive, and a threat to catch the deep pass far more than Camarillo ever was.

40. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I think they all are about the same speed wise, but I just like the way Hartline catches the ball and if he gets a step on you he is hard to bring down....I think he is a little stronger then Bess, and has more upside. I hope we keep these three for the upcoming season, and draft a quality WR like Arrelious Benn or Demaryius Thomas, and then maybe pick up a veteran WR when teams cut down to 53 players.